new book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new book

anyone see the clip on a book called Blame by Michelle Huneven on the show Sunday Morning. Looks very sobering for us alcoholics....just put it on my must read list.

posted in the book section as well...just wanted to share.
    I must suppress the beast within so I can find my way out of the darkness.
    sober since 2/4/12

new book

Hi Starfairyi have never read any of her books or heard of thus auther but i just googled Blame and i'm goint to see if my local library will order it for me. Sounds like a good read.

Comment

new book

picking it up from the library this week. Looks like a good read, and I need lots with being off work and staying home. Being alone is a trigger and using this week to retrain my brain.
      new beginnings July 16, 2012

Comment

new book

Hey Star-
        I checked it out. I don't read much fiction but this looks very interesting. It could happen to any one of us (if we're drinking)

Thanks!

Comment

new book

HEY STAR

Got the book on my Kindle! Starting it tonight

Comment

new book

ann..great! let me know what you think. i am in the middle of one right now i have to finish before i can start it.
            sober since 2/4/12

Comment

new book

Hey Star
              I read a lot of it last night. It's pretty good. The character is not "fleshed out" much as intro to the incident of her alleged drunk driving, but it is good

Comment

new book

There is also another book that I recommend that some may relate to (I kinda didn't)...called..."Mommy Doesn't Drink Here Anymore" by Rachael Brownell.

Also, "Drinking: A Love Story" by Caroline Knapp. There are a bunch of others that I would like to check out as well. I will make sure to check this one out too. Thanks.

Comment

new book

did you know Carolyn Knapp died of lung cancer??
                  got sober, and smoking killed her!!
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

new book

i read drinking a love story. i liked it...ah really mama bear? that really sucks for her!
                    sober since 2/4/12

Comment

Working...
                    X