Army Thread Tuesday 24th July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello All! Been lurking around a few weeks...been on a healthy kick but mentally not feeling great. Daughter leaves for college in one month. I know she will be fine though.

The weather is gross here in Philly - 90% humidity. My hair is HUGE! :H

Hope everyone is well. You are always in my thoughts!

X X O O Waggy with the Giant Hair
    February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

This heat makes me lazy
      at least that's my excuse
      I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

mollyka;1354198 wrote: Hey Waggy! Sympathise with the hair - and the glums! Ah sure it's great to see the young ones heading off - it shows they've life under control methinks. I worry about the ones that want to stay at home tbh. I know I couldn't wait to get away from me Mum - and I loved her to bits!
        My hair is another matter - trying to keep the 'big job' till nearer Jill's trip home - but that's not for nearly a month so I'm an absolute STATE!! Orange and green stripes with grey roots - not a good vision :-((((
        Need a kick up the arse tho to get rid of this laziness - mind you - had a funny conversation this morn. it was with the 85 yr old nun who started me heading for treatment. She is absolutely amazing - it's like she's got psychic powers.
        Anyway - back to doing nothing :-)
        :l:l to Waggy & Molls of the big hair & stripy hair respectively - hang in there both of you !!!
        GREEN tho' Molls ??? for Ireland or summit ??

I want to meet that 85 year old nun - you've spoken of her before.

Comment

mollyka;1354215 wrote: I'll tell ya what - she'd put manners on ya!! The thought of facin up to her after a drinkin bout'd be enuff to keep anyone on the straight and narrow - all the lads in Aftercare are terrified of her!
          The green bits are the ex-copper ones bleached by the sun - it is soooooo not a good look!
          Tell me if ya need Sr.C - I'll give you her phone no.:H
          Jazus - you paint a pretty picture.
          They do a good line in paper bags in my local Centra :anon:
          Just sayin' - get yer over a hump :H:H

Comment

mollyka;1354225 wrote: Ach - I've a good line in hats
            Now really must do something - at least when the hunter comes home from the hills I can point to summat and say - 'dats what I did all day' ---- Jesus, it really does remind me of the days I'd be realising it's 3 hours till he comes home - so 3 hours to cook and sober up and get the smell of booze off my breath --- it was really horrible - not every day obviously - but if I was on hols (like now) when he isn't -- how could I be surprised already at how horrible that all was - how could I forget it????
            Went to Batman yesterday - 'twas very good - not usually my sort of thang - but yeah - good.
            You sound a little down Molls ? Hope you cheer up.:l
            I find full days at home a little 'taxing' too to be honest. That's when the ol vino came to the fore - when bored :upset:
            I was like that on Sunday - blah !!! Need a hobby I do !
            May try the Batman film - heard it was good.

Comment

Gonna take to the hills folks - laters !:wavin:

Comment

mollyka;1354225 wrote: Ach - I've a good line in hats
                Now really must do something - at least when the hunter comes home from the hills I can point to summat and say - 'dats what I did all day' ---- Jesus, it really does remind me of the days I'd be realising it's 3 hours till he comes home - so 3 hours to cook and sober up and get the smell of booze off my breath --- it was really horrible - not every day obviously - but if I was on hols (like now) when he isn't -- how could I be surprised already at how horrible that all was - how could I forget it????
                Went to Batman yesterday - 'twas very good - not usually my sort of thang - but yeah - good.
                Just read your post Molly apart from batman all else sounded so like me. I feel quite sad:upset: What a waste.

Comment

:hallo:
                  I'll do whatever it takes
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Ok here Molly. Just a bit reflective myself. On new medication for hypertension so a bit zonked at the moment.

Comment

:wavin:
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

mollyka;1354249 wrote: Hiya Jacks - did'ya have a nice little meet-up??
                        S'not until Friday.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

:H:H:H

Ackshully I try not to switch the 'puter on in the afternoon..............I spend the time polishing me halo instead
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Oh and spoke to wee Jenny this aftie. She's got an interview for the job darn south. Unfortunately it's a sideways move not a promotion. Think I'd be a bit more enthused if it was a step up..................doing a rather good impression of a pushy Mother here.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

evening guys, how does jennie feel about the job?

ive just been offered to counsell in the GP surgeries its still volunatry though, but they dont let anyone into the GP surgeries as its hard work u only get ten sessions per client, so im pleased i was asked.
                              I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
                              Audrey Hepburn

Comment

mollyka;1354265 wrote: Xpost Pinky - wow - that sounds really interesting - I'd love that! Like most things that start voluntary - if you're good at it maybe they'll take you on??
                                yeah ive worked for them for a year, our counselling service is branching out into the surgeries and the boss said hes asked the best counsellours to work there, but were not to tell everyone as he wouldnt let all the counsellours go, he said their not ready yet, yeah when im qualified hopefully i can get a job, they cant pay me till im qualified
                                I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
                                Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Working...
                                X