X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army thread Thursday 26 July

Good morning Anon.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Morning, Army

Another crap drive to the office but hey: what's new about that?

Satzuma: WTF is a kit hen? A chook that comes with assembly instructions?
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

A Kit hen is probably an irish thing like a leaba?? Or maybe just a missing c?
        How far do you have to drive Tips?
        It is lovely getting up here in the morning to a quiet peaceful house.
        I am so grateful that there is never a hangover involved these lovely summer mornings and I can just get on with life without that complication.

Comment

Hiya Whizzy

It's a 60km drive into Cape Town. Traffic volumes can reach crazy levels the closer one gets to the CBD. The freeway we use also happens to service the largest townships ("residential" areas with high-density housing and informal squatter shacks), hence the congestion.
          I'll do whatever it takes
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Good morning Pingupurplepanatloons, Expatty, Fireyfoxy, Satzuma,KTabbers, Mariooooooooo, Our Whizzy, Tippperoooooooooo

Did I say I was a bit excited for the Olympics well I'm now a lot excited.

We've even got Olympic footie in Noocastle.

BBC News - Olympic football at Newcastle's St James' Park to kick off

Ooh Tippers, shall I go in the kit hen and make you a lovely cappuccino to sooth your post commute nerves.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning jc and everyone else
              Sun shining but I've packed my hat n scarf. The weather in the frozen north can typically be 15 degrees cooler than on the costa del reading....
              I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

good morning all,just thot id drop in , and say HI im on a 1800 k journey tomorrow to Hamilton Ont. where all be not watching the Olimpics all watch the Canadian open hauhahah it is always nice to talk to you folks Me

Comment

OFF TO BED NOW HAHH

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1354985 wrote: Morning, Army

Another crap drive to the office but hey: what's new about that?

Satzuma: WTF is a kit hen? A chook that comes with assembly instructions?
                    AH aren't you the gas man Tipperooney. :moon:Was on the shagginphone in me leaba :H.

Comment

mollyka;1355009 wrote: Morning all - and a special big HI to Gyco - haven't seen you round for a long time!! Just a quick dip in - heading to Howth on the bike with a grumpy man - well a grumpy husband - but mebbe the bike will cheer him up!
                      Oh gaaaaawwwwddd on the kit hen Benji - construction on bathroom and kitchen sent me into one of my worser black holes - so beeeeewaaaaareee!!!! 3 weeks livin in a sitting room with no water and only a microwave was just a step too far for me!
                      Ok - off I go - shall glue my happy face on for the day and hopefully it'll be transferable:confused
                      Just ignore that grumpy arse Molls. You be happy & feck the loss !!!:l

ps no intention of letting a feckin kit hen send me back to the grog !!!

Jesus - now I think back I was like that when I started on the glass wine. Living in one room while the whole house around me was a shambles about 10 years ago !! Thanks for reminding me Molls of how it started. I can pin point it now. It's a horrible invasion of 'your space'

Ms A that's possibly how you were feeling too :l

Comment

Grumpy husbands BAH
                        Keep smiling Molly
                        Yes Satz I was feeling bad mainly because of the "chaos" around me

Comment

Morning peeps, off for a read back
                          I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
                          Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Breaking news....................Monday 13th August. I part company with me gallbladder.

And just back from the smoking cessation nurse and decided on a quit date.............do I write it down here...............gawd fiddle faddled around long enough............shall I, I shan't I...........go on then I will

Deep breath..................29th July 2012.

There it's down in black and white.
                            It could be worse, I could be filing.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1355021 wrote: Breaking news....................Monday 13th August. I part company with me gallbladder.

And just back from the smoking cessation nurse and decided on a quit date.............do I write it down here...............gawd fiddle faddled around long enough............shall I, I shan't I...........go on then I will

Deep breath..................29th July 2012.

There it's down in black and white.
                              Oh Jackie - that is GREAT !!!!

ps don't worry about weight ( people will try to tell you that ) it doesn't mean you automatically gain weight - honestly.
                              I have struggled with my weight all my adult life but did not gain after quitting fags.
                              It was only when I went on the wine I gained weight

Comment

good luck with quitting smoking J.C and a big hello to everyone else
                                I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
                                Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Working...
                                X