food!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

food!

I have heard a few times that after you first quit you should eat as much as you like in order to help keep cravings at bay - does this work? I would like to lose a stone for my holiday at the end of September so I really don't want to be pigging out, I eat healthily most of the time and was hoping by dropping the AL calories I might lose it but obviously giving up AL is the most important thing so if I need to eat then eat I will!!

Advice or experiences please?
    Taking it ODAT

food!

Hi M

When I stopped drinking I was under the impression that once I stopped the weight would just fall of me,How wrong I was,I actually put it on ?? ,The trick is to bring in some regular exercises in conjunction with your healthy eating and then you will see results. Good luck :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

food!

mario;1354982 wrote: Hi M

When I stopped drinking I was under the impression that once I stopped the weight would just fall of me,How wrong I was,I actually put it on ?? ,The trick is to bring in some regular exercises in conjunction with your healthy eating and then you will see results. Good luck :-)
      Oh No!! don't tell me that I am fat enough already :H thanks Mario I will try and dredge up some energy to do something, I hate exercise with a passion though!!
      Taking it ODAT

Comment

food!

It's normal to crave food especially sweet things. I put on half a stone in 3weeks. I dealt with that issue in time once I'd got the drinking under control. Mario is right about exercise...
        Why not quit today, early birthday present to yourself??
        I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

food!

pingu1997;1354988 wrote: It's normal to crave food especially sweet things. I put on half a stone in 3weeks. I dealt with that issue in time once I'd got the drinking under control. Mario is right about exercise...
          Why not quit today, early birthday present to yourself??
          I don't usually eat sweet things at all, never have even before I started on my drinking career, I do love crisps though, and dips, they are my downfall on a diet!! I have two more days on my reduction and plan to do them as scheduled, 200ml today and 100 tomorrow and then no more, I want to do this to the letter
          Taking it ODAT

Comment

food!

Just pigged out on a UFO from the freezer which turned out to be chilli, had it with some tortillas and lots of grated cheese, I think I am going to get fatter LMAO!!
            Taking it ODAT

Comment

food!

mauritiusdodo;1355093 wrote: Just pigged out on a UFO from the freezer which turned out to be chilli, had it with some tortillas and lots of grated cheese, I think I am going to get fatter LMAO!!
              [QUOTE=mauritiusdodo;1354991]I don't usually eat sweet things at all, never have even before I started on my drinking career, I do love crisps though, and dips, they are my downfall on a diet!! I have two more days on my reduction and plan to do them as scheduled, 200ml today and 100 tomorrow and then no more, I want to do this to the letter [/

Hi,
              I also never eat or drink sweets while I was on AL.The fact I have known now is there was plenty of sugars and calories on your drink either it is beer,wine or spirita.I even avoided tea with sugar or milk cause I was getting them all from alcohol.Now I eat sweets things but only natural fruits and juices which I was not used before fearing fatty.
              Now I use honey as a sweet but not addicted in any.I have lost 4 kg in two months and now stable.I suggest for vegetable juices.
              Dix
              A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

food!

thanks dix, I do love fruit juice and veg juices I will give them a go, I too avoided them as they are full of calories!
                Taking it ODAT

Comment

food!

If you are fatty, try more vegetables ant thei juices rather than fruits .Fruits also are rich in calories and sugar.
                  Dix
                  A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

Working...
                  X