embarrassing moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

embarrassing moment

today in my daughter's class they were talking about breaking the law and she informed everyone that "her mommy broke the law because she was drinking and driving and the cops got her." she told me she had said this while i was standing in front of the teacher. i thought i was going to die. i told her that is not something we talk about and the teacher agreed but i sent her a text to let her know how embarrassed i was and that it was in my past ( i did want her to know how fresh the wound was) and that i had not had a drink since. i asked her to please not tell anyone...this feels like it will never go away. it will always peer its ugly head when i finally start to feel ok. i still haven't even been convicted so i know i still have 2 years of shit to deal with once i am sentenced...feeling down..blah!:upset:
    I must suppress the beast within so I can find my way out of the darkness.
    sober since 2/4/12

embarrassing moment

I would have been mortified as well. I can understand your embarrassment. I'm sure it won't make you feel better, but I hope you can find some comfort in knowing that this is in the past and it won't happen again. Oh the absolute and utter shit that alcohol brings to our lives. :l

Comment

embarrassing moment

OMG...I would have died.....
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

embarrassing moment

Well Star, it is what it is (I used to hate that saying, but now I find myself saying it a lot). My 2 DUI's have resurfaced several times over the years for background checks. They never prevented me from getting a job, but just being reminded made me cringe.

Fly is right, alcohol brings nothing but crap and misery into our lives. Don't let it get you down. You've made changes and you're moving onwards and upwards!!
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

embarrassing moment

The DUI is going away, you are getting further away from it daily. The only way these things don't go away is when alcohol continues to be a part of our lives. I never thought I would get beyond mine and I did but I know others who continued to struggle - getting two or three, and suffering hell on earth in the process.
          2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

embarrassing moment

You simply cannot keep children quiet. They will tell it all! I really hate that this happened, and I can only imagine how humiliating it must have been. I had a DUI in 2000, and I still remember the shame and embarrassment. It does get easier, however, and you are on the right path now. Chin up.:l

"I like people too much or not at all."
            Sylvia Plath

Comment

embarrassing moment

Star
              hold on to that embarassment and it will keep you from drinking
              The girl that works with me used to work at a day care and kids told her EVERYTHING
              "Mommy has a broken leg"...."Why"...."Well Daddy said Mommy was drinking that vodka again...'
              "Oh kids, lot at all the trash someone threw on the street. They are litter bugs"
              "No, Miss Amanda...those are beer bottles and my daddy probably put them there"
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

embarrassing moment

Oh no!! Children always land us in it!! Monkeys!
                AF Since 26 July 2012

Comment

embarrassing moment

LibraryGirl;1355393 wrote: You simply cannot keep children quiet. They will tell it all! I really hate that this happened, and I can only imagine how humiliating it must have been. I had a DUI in 2000, and I still remember the shame and embarrassment. It does get easier, however, and you are on the right path now. Chin up.:l
                  LG,
                  You saying truth , I am away with my children it must be cause of activities I had done in front of them.The don't wish to seeing me more !!
                  I am gonna go to talk these things with my social worker .
                  They are really innocent and a bush of grasses and weeds can be a wonderful garnen to them !!
                  Dix
                  A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

embarrassing moment

Star,

Sorry to hear that happened to you !!
                    You know I had several moments with the kids .
                    I want to share one that,

I had several drinks on the streets leaving her( my daughter) of 13 at the bus stop and saying her I am going to a toilet for a while.What would be if she lost somewhere ??.I did that many times a day so thought me that what a hell is going with her ?? . She dint go toilet even a single time but I were may be 10 times !! .
                    Now she knew that I went several times for a couple of drinks and drunk them so quickly ... she hates me now .I am just waiting her to be known about addiction so that she would forgive me otherwise she cant do anything at her age other than hating me .
                    Anyway , I cant go back to the past and correct them but what I can I do is not to repeat and be an example in front of her so that she wouldn't do herself in her days to come !!
                    Please be cool, there is no way out unless we show them that we are now realized enough ..and ask them to forgive.
                    Dix
                    A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

embarrassing moment

I glad the teacher was understanding, I'm sure she will be discreet.

Comment

Working...
                      X