Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where and which brand of Veg. Juice do you buy ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if someone has any information about vegetable juices available in the UK market ?
    I have tried to find them in several super markets , stores or groceries but can't find the pure juice made of veggie so would be happy to know if anyone has any idea ??
    I just can find tomato juice and a mixture of fruits and vegetable but the portion of fruits are always high ..
    Thanks for sharing !
    Dix
    A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Hey Dix,

I am not in the UK...but I know that A LOT of people benefit (not just recovering alcoholics) from "juicing"...so maybe it might be best to go out and buy a juicer - your own fresh veggies - and make your own vegetable juice! This way you can add what you like and you don't have all the crappy additives either.
    I know there are things like Motts and whatnot...but the sodium content in those things are atrocious. :/

Sorry I wasn't of more help. But if you do decide to start juicing then make sure to keep us posted and of what recipes you try out if you do!

Bri.

Comment

briseus;1356046 wrote: Hey Dix,

I am not in the UK...but I know that A LOT of people benefit (not just recovering alcoholics) from "juicing"...so maybe it might be best to go out and buy a juicer - your own fresh veggies - and make your own vegetable juice! This way you can add what you like and you don't have all the crappy additives either.
      I know there are things like Motts and whatnot...but the sodium content in those things are atrocious. :/

Sorry I wasn't of more help. But if you do decide to start juicing then make sure to keep us posted and of what recipes you try out if you do!

Bri.
      Bri,
      Really was thinking of making juice at home on my interest but am lazy enough to prepare time to time so trying to find the easier way.
      If not found,definitely will go myself .Its my commitment.I am thinking of making juice from bitter guards,bottle guards and beet roots but mixing them with tomatoes.
      Now going to surf amazon/ eBay for a juicer.
      Dix

Comment

Hi Dixon:

If you get Netflix, do a search for a great program called
        Fat, Sick and nearly dead. it's a terrific program and will get you going on juicing. Highly recommend. Juicing is way easy..
        On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
        *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Kradle,
          I was trying to find a online TV on Google so that I can watch Olympic anytime on my smartphone and found Netflix .Is that the same thing you are saying ?
          So we need to subscribe to get .
          Please let me know a bit of information.
          Thanks wonderful lady.
          Dix

Comment

Hi Dix:

Yes. You do need to subscribe to Netflix . I'm sorry I forgot that. I have been a member so long!! Here in the US it's about $8.00 per month. You can simply buy the DVD of Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead. You can google the program and you will also find an entire website about juicing.

I do at least one fresh juice a day. Very simple. I make my own combinations up a lot now. My favorite is one Beet, lemon, yam, apple, ginger, romain lettuce, carrots and ginger... I call it my kitchen sink juice!! I just zip the veggies into the big chute (i dont even cut them up) and then...zzzzzzzzz.... lots of juice! Gives you energy like you wouldn't believe. :H

:l
            On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
            *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Your Avatar is also veggie...
              Love that one with a child on it!!!
              Thanks for your info.
              I simply can't wait to find them.
              Thanks
              Dix

Comment

Good to know about the energy bit Kradle.
                I am an incredibly picky eater so would never have considered juicing but now am quite intrigued. I have been a bit fatigued lately and need more of a boost from time to time. Where did you get your juicer? I'm from Canada but know many whom live in the US and can pick one up for me. )

Thanks for the idea Dix and Kradle!

Comment

briseus;1356201 wrote: Good to know about the energy bit Kradle.
                  I am an incredibly picky eater so would never have considered juicing but now am quite intrigued. I have been a bit fatigued lately and need more of a boost from time to time. Where did you get your juicer? I'm from Canada but know many whom live in the US and can pick one up for me. )

Thanks for the idea Dix and Kradle!
                  Bri,
                  If you wish you could add vitamin B complex to release energy from food as well for immunity power for your body,it is used for therapeutic use too so good for Liver .Just can have supplementary other than a chemical one.
                  It gives you instant energy.
                  Dix

Comment

My hubby and I bought a juicer a couple of years ago but the juices we made were disgusting and we couldn't drink them!! I am in the uk and buy V8 juice from Sainsburys, they also do beet juice and carrot juice but I don't know what the ingredients are, have you tried health food shops?
                    Taking it ODAT

Comment

mauritiusdodo;1356383 wrote: My hubby and I bought a juicer a couple of years ago but the juices we made were disgusting and we couldn't drink them!! I am in the uk and buy V8 juice from Sainsburys, they also do beet juice and carrot juice but I don't know what the ingredients are, have you tried health food shops?
                      Hi MD,
                      Of course Juicer is a good idea but cant use this always, say while I am at work,on travel or outside the home so finding some buying sources would be a great help.
                      Really,
                      I haven't seen any carrot or beet juices in the super store .I will ask one of the staff at Sainsburys may be on Monday and will have a try on V8 too.

Health food stores are really expensive and might not be available everywhere.
                      Thanks Mdodo for your sharing.
                      Dix

Comment

Working...
                      X