GRATITUDE FOR YOU GUYS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GRATITUDE FOR YOU GUYS

I felt compelled to write tonight. I am reading yet another book about an alcoholic woman. She made an observation that I wanted to share-that we have been "swaddled in a liquid blanket" and getting out of it is hard. I liked that.

She was also talking about an on line support group, and I thought of you guys and how much you mean to me and my struggle.

I just wanted to say thank you, on a rainy Carolina night for helping me find the grace to try and find my way.

Peace and love

GRATITUDE FOR YOU GUYS

I agree with you Ann - I really owe this site a lot.

What book do you happen to be reading? I agree with the description of "swaddled in a liquid blanket".

Glad to hear you are doing well.

Bri

Comment

GRATITUDE FOR YOU GUYS

What is the book Ann? I definitely feel like I have been wrapped in an AL blanket for years and years and years!!
      Taking it ODAT

Comment

GRATITUDE FOR YOU GUYS

Thanks, Ann. We all both give and receive support here. That's what makes it work.
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

GRATITUDE FOR YOU GUYS

xoxo Ann
          that's why we are here!!!
          whatcha readin??
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

GRATITUDE FOR YOU GUYS

Hey on Saturday

The book I read was Cleaning Up-How I Gave up Drinking and Lived by Tania Glyde

Also Cracking Up-A Memoir of Alcoholic Recovery by Grant Arboro

Also re-watched Rain in My Heart and some other stuff on YouTube. Anything to keep me going

Comment

GRATITUDE FOR YOU GUYS

I read the Tania Glyde book, among many others, very good.

Comment

Working...
              X