Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday chores we hate the most!!!!

Good morning everyone

Up early and feeling pretty good as I had a liquor free night. Back at the never ending laundry and dreading the thought of grocery shopping later as I make my list in between loads. Thought I'd get on here and start a thread to vent about the chores we hate most.... For me laundy and grocery shopping!!!!!
    And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

I despise grocery shopping. Agree with you on that one. Deciding exactly what you need, making a list, checking it twice , actually going to the store, standing in lines, spending boatloads of money. Yay, that was fun!:H:H

Other chores I despise: Cleaning the bathroom, especially the shower; Mopping has to be one of my alltime hates; ironing--I do not do it (anything that won't come out mostly wrinkle free from the dryer does not get worn); washing dishes.

Have a great Sunday and don't forget your chores!!:H

"I like people too much or not at all."
    Sylvia Plath

Comment

Its the day of the week my Mrs makes me wash up.

Pretty tough.
      Sober since 13th January 2012

Comment

Yup I spent too much $210 today for one weeks groceries.... Should greatly diminish next month when son goes off to college and I am not feeding him and all his friends!!!

I realized when u grocery shop u touch each product 6 times:
        Put in cart
        Put on check out counter
        Put back in cart
        Put in car
        Put in house
        Put away

No wonder we hate it...... I dont even touch my husband that much!!!

I woulda added ironing to my list as well but seeing as I never have and never will cant really say I hate it
        And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

:H:H
          That's more than I touch my hubby too!
          Yuck! Grocery shopping. Then when I take hubby with me, he always wanders off and it takes longer plus we buy more.
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora I Toats agree!!!! They so rarely go with us they act like its Disneyland..... I have wound up coming home with the cheesiest movie poster sized plastic framed faux painting of the cast from Sopranos posing as "the last supper"!!!!!

Plus they always complain there isn't shit to eat at the house so u take them with and tell them get whatever you want and STILL NOTHING TO EAT IN THE HOUSE!!!!

Hahahahhahahahahha!!!!!

Comment

When my husband retired, the best part was and is that he buys most of the groceries.

I really hate cleaning the bathtub. My husband takes tub baths with bar soap, which leaves a residue that is difficult to remove.

Sunday is pretty relaxing for me, after church.
              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Sun - when my Dad retired, he started doing all of the grocery shopping!!!
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I wish I had a tub to clean we have two story 3 bedroom house- our master bath only has shower, then we have a second bath with a tub but have unresolved plumbing leak for over 5 years..... What I would give to take a relaxing bath!!!!

Comment

I guess I'm the odd ball here. I enjoy grocery shopping. After a really trying day here at the home office, I get out and lose myself in the aisles of the Harris Teeter. I like looking at new stuff and thinking about the ways I can use it in meals.
                    Vliven, my hubs swears by Clean Shower....after he showers he squirts that in his shower and never has to scrub it.
                    I hate changing the sheets...thankless....B
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

I can totally see the passion in shopping especially since I love to cook but when u work a 60hr week and you HAVE to go to store or hubby n kids will be disappointed it becomes more of a chore than a joy.....

I guess I just hate all chores cause everytime someone brings up one they hate I totally agree!!!

Need to win the lottery and get a maid!

Comment

V, we were visiting my step daughter and her hubs this weekend and mentioned winning the lottery...it's 139 million at the moment, we guessed that after taxes and attorney's we'd come home with about 70 million. So I said to the kids...I guess we'd give you about 3 million...that'd be enough to put you on easy street, but not enough to ruin you! They both immediately piped up and said, we need more than that!!! Arguments already!!! Could you imagine how much fretting there'd be if you actually had that kind of money??
                        I will have to agree, that going to the store is not as much fun when you are under pressure....and most housework stinks in general. That bathroom is a war zone....me against the hairspray!!
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

I'm with Byrdie, I actually like grocery shopping. But what I really hate is taking the trash cans out to the curb. I don't know why it's such a big deal to me. It's only once a week, but I HATE it. If they're not full, I don't even bother sometimes.

I hate, hate, hate cleaning bathrooms. I also don't like to dust or mop the floor. Boy do I sound lazy! But I don't mind doing dishes or laundry. Go figure.

p.s. Add vacuuming to the hate list!
                          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

If we could all only live in some commune and pick and choose the chores we liked it would all even out and we would all have the CLEANEST HOMES

Comment

Sunbeam;1356938 wrote: When my husband retired, the best part was and is that he buys most of the groceries.
                              My husband does too... and that's not such a great thing for us. I never saw anyone who bought so many fatty items and horribly processed foods. I hope yours is better!

I just wish I could get to where I don't have a panic attack as soon as I enter the grocery store.
                              Kelly

Comment

Working...
                              X