Sunday chores we hate the most!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have to make him a list, detailed lol, which areas of the store stuff is that you need, etc. My bf swears some of the stuff I ask him to buy are absolutely not in the store.:H

"I like people too much or not at all."
    Sylvia Plath

Comment

Just ran across this thread. Had a laugh & ugh. I hate dusting. Oh crud, I don't like any of it, but use to be a fanatic when it came to having everything clean. Now I don't care as much! Maybe it's age. I prefer to be outside. Plus the last kid is now gone, so things stay clean longer....

Grocery shopping seems to take me half a day & cost a small fortune. I also am reading labels these days. I buy in bulk as I tend to plan, then just run to store for veggies & fruits. Heard on news, cause of food crops loss, there will be a 5% increase soon. Domino effect most likely, effecting many goods.

Sending hubs to the store is a mistake for me, more like a headache. He calls, or texts, he can't find things. It's annoying!... I told him they have employees to help him & I'm not one of them. This is after the 3rd call. Plus he always adds a few things, comes home with a shite grin on his face. I've even made the list organized by aisles. I think he does this crap on purpose, like the laundry so it's my responsibility.

He's home today & heard me laughing & had him read the part about how many times we touch our groceries & not our men, he laughed too! He had a comment, do I dare say? hmmn ~ Not

Comment

I really can not believe how similar BF or hubby's can be:

QUOTE WILD:
        "Plus he always adds a few things, comes home with a shite grin on his face"

My husband does this EVERY time!!!!!!!!!!

I would say I think they do this shit, buy extra crap, call and text a hundred times, get the wrong things, forget things etc. on purpose but when I start to think that I remember him standing with fridge door open saying "hun were out of ketchup again" and it is literally, literally on middle to high shelf centered with label staring right at him and tell my self nope it's not on purpose.

There is also a very fine art to knowing what products are ok to buy the store brand in and what products you have to go name brand on and I cant imagine trying to train him that so to be safe I tell him no store brand and then it really costs a small fortune!

(all joking aside I love my husband and almost find these quirks endearing)

I use to be a fanatic about how things got done to but then I would make the chore so stressful I would avoid it all together so I had to give up some of that OCD
        And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back so shake him off ~ Florence and the Machine

Comment

I just saw this too. I actually love going to the market - it's the only alone time I get! I shop at Aldi for basics, but go to the Italian Market here for fruit and produce and Trader Joes or Wegmans (specialty markets here in the US) for other stuff. I really have to budget and because I am not eating any processed flour, sugar or dairy anymore, I really have to look for sales. Eating well is expensive. Eating like shite is cheap! Dollar menu at Wendys or McDonalds. No wonder our nation is obese. Good think I am not spending my money on booze anymore or my family would never be healthy.

As far as sending husband-man. He LOVES to go grocery shopping, but I have to spend so much time detailing the list so he gets the right things that I just say forget it. If I ask him to buy say, canned tomatoes (NOT the italian kind)...he will bring home 6 cans of Italian and say, "They didn't have what you needed so I just got these" AUGH! Biggest pet peeve ever. If they don't have exactly what I need, wait and I will find it later!!! Ok, done here. My husband really is a love. Just a terrible grocery shopper....lol
          February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

I think it was the laundry part yrs ago that was done on purpose. Maybe the 1st - 3rd yrs of marriage. I could have just been pmsing about it those other times. The grocery & not locating simple things in fridge or pantry is just over sight, or something. I think I saw a documentary once explaining how men's brains perceive things differently. Not seeing the ketchup, when it's right there in the fridge door.

There is some scientific explanation. Same as when a young toddler unclasps his hands with a wad of spaghetti & drops it, or tosses it. They aren't doing it on purpose, but to the receiving end, it might feel like it. Think there are different explanations as to why the brain does all these things.

I agree with brand name products some OK & some not. I wouldn't want to even think about explaining this to the poor man. Let alone what Waggy is saying about specifics of certain products. Plain verses, seasoned.

Good for you Waggy, getting healthy is excellent! Taking time to educate ~ plan will save, not only in the pocket book, but internally, providing good health. I'm slowly working on it. I agree I'm saving money now by not drinking poison, I'm re-investing it back into my health to.

Wouldn't you know it's grocery shopping today. No I'm not joking! Fresh Coho Salmon, Salad, Rye Bread, is on thee menu tonight. One of my AF dreams came true this yr. I planted a small herb garden. 'Bon App?tit'

My Husband to is an absolute love, my BF. :h Not a great grocery shopper. :H I really don't mind!...

Comment

Working...
            X