Raging thirst?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raging thirst?

Over the last few days I have been super thirsty all the time, is this normal when you first quit?
    Taking it ODAT

Raging thirst?

Thirsty for what?

I am always thirsty, and I always have a non-alcoholic beverage at my side. Dry mouth is a part of withdrawal, but I'm guessing it might be more mental than anything else. Drink some water and don't focus on it.

Comment

Raging thirst?

Are you taking topa? I am and also very very thirsty .

Then poped to the Topa thread and found this was a SE....

:l
      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Raging thirst?

Supercrew - only fizzy pop or juice

No Kradle I am not taking any meds at all. I guess I will just have to see if it improves, tbh I was a bit concerned as isn't it a sign of diabetes? I worry that the amount I drank could have made me diabetic? At some point I am going to have to bite the bullet and go and get some health tests done at the docs I think!
        Taking it ODAT

Comment

Raging thirst?

Are you all right with sugar ?
          Depression and anxiety also a major cause of thirsty.
          If there is no physical reason then I think it is a mental connectivity so need to be hydrated all the time.I am one of a victim of this disease ...drink plenty of water all the time when I diagnosed from depression since last 10 years .
          Dix
          A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

Raging thirst?

It's normal to be thirsty in the early days of alcohol withdrawal. I haven't had a drink for some time now, but still wake in the night thirsty. It's better to drink water or flavoured water rather than fizzy or juice which contains lots of sugar. It can be a sign of diabetes but more likely that you are generally dehydrated due to al consumption. Well done so far.

Comment

Raging thirst?

Mauri~ hun.

It's just your body healing, but it's worth mentioning to the doctor next time you see him/her if it's really praying on your mind.

Funnily enough I never forgot to guzzle down glasses of wine but when I first went AF I used to forget to drink water.
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Raging thirst?

In my case, yes, I was ALWAYS thirsty, but especially at night, when I did most of my drinking.

I dont think there is any "normal" some people have certain side effects, and some dont.
                Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Raging thirst?

Hi All
                  Even though you might not be having sever withdrawel symptoms, dehydration is very common at the start of recovery. When you become dehydrated you will also lose electrolytes . Gatorade or other sports drinks can help rebalance your body. Your body is telling you it needs to be hydrated. Drink fluids.
                  Stay Strong! It will get easier.

Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
                  AF 5-16-08
                  Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
                  AF 5-16-08

Comment

Raging thirst?

Thanks everyone, I have started to drink fruit and herbal teas, they seem to be quenching my thirst a little more, I feel so good knowing I am flushing out all the toxins
                    Taking it ODAT

Comment

Working...
                    X