Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all.

First post

Been a member of another forum for a long time and reading this forum too so thought about time I join this one aswell to hopefully give advice and receive some.

200 days sober tomorrow , been a rocky path, good days/bad days/strange days.

After so many wasted years, hangovers and anxiety due to alcohell I quit. This has been after many attempts. The rinse and repeat cycle of drink hangover quit is torture. Moderation is even more torturous , total abstinence is the most liberating way to live.

I have done this through rational recovery with a bit of everything else, but I have made my plan to NEVER drink again no matter how bored or restless I feel at certain times, cravings can be strong they come in waves, let them crash. Never give in.

By not drinking you lose nothing whatsover and gain everything.

Hello
    Sober since 13th January 2012

Hi all.

THANKS 199

Congratulations to you-that's a good long time.

And I could not agree more-drinking brings NOTHING good with it, and everything bad.

Hope you keep coming around; you probably have good good tips to share

Comment

Hi all.

199, congratulations to you on your success. I have been very interested in rational recovery and am glad to hear you did well for it. Can you explain the plan and what specifically worked for you? Continued success, Peace

Comment

Hi all.

Welcome 199 !
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hi all.

Hi

I just did it from the RR book, plus if you type in avrt/bullets into google follow the 18 bullets and make a big plan. Also Alan Carr easyway to stop drinking book was very very helpful.
          Sober since 13th January 2012

Comment

Hi all.

welcome 199! going to google that right now....
            IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
            Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Hi all.

Welcome 199. Glad to have you around the boards!

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Working...
              X