Time to get back track?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to get back track?

Well I left MWO for awhile but have been thinking about checking back in and getting back on track.

I actually was doing quite well because I was focussed on completing my first IRONMAN. Which I did and it was AWESOME! I had soooo much fun and learned how strong I am internally. I did it about 4 weeks ago. CDA IM.

However.......
    Since I have completed IM and another Olympic Distance, I am now taking a break for my body to fully recover from all the training but I have reverted back to my "old habits" in the evening. When I was training I couldn't drink as I needed the energy. Now that I don't have the distraction I find I have the "what the hell have a beer attitude". How quickly we get back to the daily addiction?

So I hope to have a sober head on my pillow tonight.

I hope many of you are doing well and keeping strong. I have yet to catch up on the threads however with my kids home for summer holidays I won't lurk too long here.

Time to get back track?

oops I mean back "on" track!!

Comment

Time to get back track?

Welcome back Meech!!
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Time to get back track?

Meech - great to see you!! Good for you! How great that you did the Ironman!!!

Yes - it's amazing how quickly we fall back into the old habits. I've pulled myself up yet again. On Day 2. Glad to have you here. :l
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Time to get back track?

Wonderful to see you again Meech. Welcome back and congrats on the I Man!
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Time to get back track?

There you are, Meech.

I think of you often you know. So glad to see you back and willing to have another go at this.

Wonderful news on the I Man.

J x
            :l
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Time to get back track?

Thanks Mama, Nora and Techie. Not liking the fuzzy brain in the morning and the self shame that goes along with it.

Comment

Time to get back track?

thanks JC! Time for some sober pillow moments and mornings filled with NO regret.

Comment

Time to get back track?

Thanks for being so welcoming to me Meech definitely time for a life change - big round of applause on the fitness level I could hardly walk to the fridge and back right now - that's totally brilliant you must be really proud!!
                  "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Time to get back track?

Welcome back Meech!

So good to see you again. Congrats on your accomplishments, wow. I did a 30 day fitness DVD at home and thought I was pretty cool. HA

Get back on the AF wagon, you won't regret it. Nothing like laying your head down sober and waking up with a clear head. The days of not remembering the night before are behind me...they can be for you too.

Stay close!

K9
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Time to get back track?

Nice job Meech! When I lived in Southern Cal my manager at a restaurant I worked at did Ironman. The training was intense. You should be so dang proud of yourself. And glad to have you back. I need exercise, but I am so tired from work etc when I get home, forget it. But if I exercised I wouldn't be so tired....lol Catch 22.

Have a great day!
                      February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Time to get back track?

Day 1 again

I couldn't even make it one day. I am disappointed in myself to say the least.

I had 3 beers last night. Why? I bought gingerale to sip on but NO had to go to the beer store.

Okay, new day and this one is going to be sober!

:durn:

I need to take back the control as the AL Beast in my head is pretty confident these days.

This is going to be hard.

Comment

Time to get back track?

It is hard Meech, but we are all in the same boat and here for you. I say it a million times - we are ALL only one drink away from day one. Start over. You can do this.
                          February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Time to get back track?

It only as hard as you make it Meech. If you have the willpower to train for and finish a triathalon you have the willpower to accomplish anything. The problem is you are using your willpower to keep drinking.

Change your mindset, change your focus, change your life.

Focus on staying sober just for today...no matter what. Don't drink the poison because you don't want to drink poison, no matter what. You can do this!

Comment

Time to get back track?

Hi Meech, glad to see you back and a huge :goodjob: on the IRON MAN. The training for it is pretty lethal and so is drinking.

I echo SC and K9 thoughts and a good read through the Tool Box is a great and refreshing read.

Sending you some starting over strength!
                              Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Working...
                              X