Army Thread Tuesday 31st July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

satz123;1357826 wrote: Oh and BTW - the 'one word' used in Word Association thread does not count LOL:H

You will have to prise that crown off my head :k
    Ha Ha I am not playing anymore then out:
    Taking it ODAT

Comment

St Satz update :
      It's day 30 :kudos:

AL units = 0
      Gym @ 7am = 16
      Whole Fruit cake = 1 ( on day 1 - low sugar levels is my excuse )
      Weight lost = FECKIN NOTHING !!!!!:upset:

Comment

mauritiusdodo;1357829 wrote: Ha Ha I am not playing anymore then out:
        Only joking !!!:H

Comment

Afternoon army got caught in the rain earlier while shopping in town after my counciling session and AA. So sorry to hear of Stirly's doggy i will pm her on fb. Hope you feel better soon Pingu and you are not a failure you just came off meds without supervision again. Take them untill you're next prescription and maybe have a word with whatever dr you get next. Don't worry just get better in yourself till then. Just chilling in front of tv after cleaning out the cat litter tray and putting away shopping earlier. Just ate half a large bar of dark choc nut bar i got in Aldi not good tho i didn't have lunch have to cut back on the chocolate. Watching come dine with me now. Had a bad headache all morning and early afternoon sio had to taker another ibrufen for it. Still feeling tired so just gonna take it easy and watch tv and read. Have a lovely evening folks.:choc::television:

Comment

Hi Foxy Loxy - sounds lovely & snug in your house. Feet up chocolate , Telly - oh I want that - I'm coming over

Don't stress about eating the chocolate. I have nothing left to give up Foxy - and I weighed myself this morning & I am EXACTLY the same as I was 4 months ago.
            So go for it !!!!!!!:goodjob:

Comment

They are flummoxed at the gym and told me - wait for it - to give up :

LOW FAT COTTAGE CHEESE
              - FFS - life is just too short !!!!! :biteme:

Comment

Hello All – a bit of a late check in this morning.

Pignu – you are NOT a failure. You are trying to feel better…and you will. Just have to find the right mix for yourself. Don’t beat yourself up.

JC congrats on the cigarettes! Freaking great job!

And if you are reading this Stirls, our thought and prayers are going out to your doggie. ((((you))))

Things have been pretty hectic between work and life. My stress levels are unbelievable. Like everyone's in one way or another right? It's all in the attitude and mine is not the best right now! Too much going on and it is getting so so so close to when my eldest goes to college. The biggest stressor is my sister who if you remember, had the back surgery and almost died. She had another round of surgery and is doing much better now. They do, however, have her on a morphine patch and I believe she is self-medicating as well. She is forgetting everything and her speech is slurred on occasion. Thankfully she does not drink or that would be a whole other conversation. I actually called her daughter to tell her of my concern. She called me a day and a half ago and we talked for an hour. Then she called me today and yelled at me for not talking to her in a week! I speak with her almost daily – so many meds in her system that she cannot remember. We come from very addictive stock and my father was a self-medicating, boozing prick. We have no “dimmer switch” – on or off. No moderating. It is kind of scaring me because I hear it is very hard to get off all those opiates without a lot of withdrawal symptoms. She emailed me last night and told me that she thinks my other sister is drinking again (sober 2 years) and it is heartbreaking. I will not call her though. I struggle enough myself and need to concentrate on keeping ME on the right and healthy path.

Anyway, I am hoping that they start to take her off her meds slowly. I want my old sister back. I already have one that went off the deep end. Don’t need this one to follow. Family just sucks the life outta you sometimes. Sorry for the babble. Hope all is well.

Love Waggy
                February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

Wagoneer;1357845 wrote: Hello All – a bit of a late check in this morning.

Pignu – you are NOT a failure. You are trying to feel better…and you will. Just have to find the right mix for yourself. Don’t beat yourself up.

JC congrats on the cigarettes! Freaking great job!

And if you are reading this Stirls, our thought and prayers are going out to your doggie. ((((you))))

Things have been pretty hectic between work and life. My stress levels are unbelievable. Like everyone's in one way or another right? It's all in the attitude and mine is not the best right now! Too much going on and it is getting so so so close to when my eldest goes to college. The biggest stressor is my sister who if you remember, had the back surgery and almost died. She had another round of surgery and is doing much better now. They do, however, have her on a morphine patch and I believe she is self-medicating as well. She is forgetting everything and her speech is slurred on occasion. Thankfully she does not drink or that would be a whole other conversation. I actually called her daughter to tell her of my concern. She called me a day and a half ago and we talked for an hour. Then she called me today and yelled at me for not talking to her in a week! I speak with her almost daily – so many meds in her system that she cannot remember. We come from very addictive stock and my father was a self-medicating, boozing prick. We have no “dimmer switch” – on or off. No moderating. It is kind of scaring me because I hear it is very hard to get off all those opiates without a lot of withdrawal symptoms. She emailed me last night and told me that she thinks my other sister is drinking again (sober 2 years) and it is heartbreaking. I will not call her though. I struggle enough myself and need to concentrate on keeping ME on the right and healthy path.

Anyway, I am hoping that they start to take her off her meds slowly. I want my old sister back. I already have one that went off the deep end. Don’t need this one to follow. Family just sucks the life outta you sometimes. Sorry for the babble. Hope all is well.

Love Waggy
                  Oh Waggy - you poor love :l Really hope things improve in your life soon.
                  And you are right to look after yourself as #1.
                  As they say in flight safety instructions - put your own mask on before you try to deal with others

Comment

Hi Satz may be you start to lose the weight now that you are not drinking as al contains carbs and suger i'm sure you will soon or sometimes when you tone up muscle weighs more than fat. You have been going to the gym and Damo for a while but as long you are happy with the results so far. Cottage cheese i can't stand i used to eat years ago when i used to do low cal diets like unislim and weight watchers but i don't like those clubs now and havn't been in over 20 years. Then i tried Rosemary Conlan never lost much on any of those programmes. Slimworld that jc goes to sounds quite good the site has some great recipes. Oh so sad to hear of Maeve Binchy's passing i loved some of her books and she was such a sweet down to earth lady. Rip Maeve.

Comment

Hi Waggy sorry i missed your post i hope things get better for you and your sister so sorry to hear she's been so ill:l. Take care of yourself too you do so much for your family don't forget yourself.:h

Comment

Firefox;1357852 wrote: Hi Satz may be you start to lose the weight now that you are not drinking as al contains carbs and suger i'm sure you will soon or sometimes when you tone up muscle weighs more than fat. You have been going to the gym and Damo for a while but as long you are happy with the results so far. Cottage cheese i can't stand i used to eat years ago when i used to do low cal diets like unislim and weight watchers but i don't like those clubs now and havn't been in over 20 years. Then i tried Rosemary Conlan never lost much on any of those programmes. Slimworld that jc goes to sounds quite good the site has some great recipes. Oh so sad to hear of Maeve Binchy's passing i loved some of her books and she was such a sweet down to earth lady. Rip Maeve.
                        Ah yes - she was lovely lady Foxy.
                        And the Weight Watchers etc malarkey is for the birds .................. been at it all my adult life and all it did was mess up my system I think.
                        Funny as I was crawling down the stairs this morning after my workout and yer man
                        ( Damos' sidekick) shouted after me " FORGET THAT WW & LOW FAT CRAP - JUST EAT FRESH UNPROCESSED FOOD" - I think he may be right !!

Comment

Evening all, back from work. Has anyone put the blooming kettle on I'm parched.

satz123;1357849 wrote:
                          As they say in flight safety instructions - put your own mask on before you try to deal with others
                          I like that a lot.

Sounds like we need a blooming great group hug.

It could be worse, I could be filing.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

:hallo:
                            I'll do whatever it takes
                            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1357861 wrote: Evening all, back from work. Has anyone put the blooming kettle on I'm parched.

I like that a lot.

Sounds like we need a blooming great group hug.

Those meer cats are the cutest things EVER !!!

Comment

howdy guys, back from counselling, my clients doing well, so all is good
                                I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
                                Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Working...
                                X