Here one minute - gone the next!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never noticed before but now I am spending so much time on here it is sad to note how many people come on here for help and then disappear, I too am guilty of this I know, I joined way back in and dipped in and out of the site as my drinking levels increased and decreased, if only I had realised that if I had stayed I would have gotten the help I needed a lot sooner! I feel bad for the people who don't return as they are missing out on so much!
    Taking it ODAT

I think thats why the aa success rare is so poor.... People go and never go back. After my first attempt a year past June it's a wonder I ever stepped through the doors again

I find an online site easier though, you retain enough anonymity when you need it....

Morning to everyone. From dizzy dopey p3.....
    I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Yeah IKWYM, also they are easier to access and not as scary!
      Taking it ODAT

Comment

Mauri,
        Yes it seems like there are a lot of "fly by's" here. On the other hand, some of us have been here for years. On that note, I was wondering if anyone has heard from either Unwasted or Ringing Cedars lately? It's been quite a while and I'm wondering what happened.
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I was wondering about RC as well. I looked and it seems June was the last posting. Kinda worried
          February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

I haven't heard of ringing cedars but I dunno about unwasted either, it is frustrating not to know about people isn't it?!
            Taking it ODAT

Comment

I hate to be a "downer" but please worry about yourself.

None of us can help those who post and then go away.

All of us can help those who keep coming back and trying to get sober.

I will always post to "newbies" when I can but I can't worry about if they read or don't.

Look inward and realize that only you can do what you need to do, we can only help you through support and wisdom. Look outward and realize you only have so much sway.

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hi Everyone

New Here,....starting Topa tomorrow and I'm scared to death. Any suggestions, advise????:upset:
                MAYAROSE:new:

Comment

Cinders;1358032 wrote: I hate to be a "downer" but please worry about yourself.

None of us can help those who post and then go away.

All of us can help those who keep coming back and trying to get sober.

I will always post to "newbies" when I can but I can't worry about if they read or don't.

Look inward and realize that only you can do what you need to do, we can only help you through support and wisdom. Look outward and realize you only have so much sway.

Love,
                  Cindi
                  Oh I was just speculating really, not obsessing
                  Taking it ODAT

Comment

mayarose;1358035 wrote: New Here,....starting Topa tomorrow and I'm scared to death. Any suggestions, advise????:upset:
                    Hi maya I think there is a thread somewhere on meds, you might be best posting there and you will get lots of help, i am afraid I don't know anything about meds :l
                    Taking it ODAT

Comment

Think many wake up with horrid hangover, decide they want to quit, post on forum with good intentions, cue to 5 days later they feel better after effects of the drug alcohell has worn Off and then drink again...rinse and repeat cycle can only be broken if you make a plan to never drink again ever.

It's liberating.
                      Sober since 13th January 2012

Comment

I think some people achieve some sobriety and then decide that they don't need to come on here again, I know thats what I did, which was a big mistake. I need to keep talking to people who understand. When I see someone has had a relapse it reminds me of how close I am to drinking again, and how much we all need each other. It's people on here that keep me sober.

Comment

People wake up with a hangover or after doing another embarrassing or cringe worthy thing,They must do something about this recurring problem.They know deep down themselves they need to stop,And whilst in hangover & dying mood they make all the promises,do all the plans,join online sites to help,But by the third or fourth day the sickness and pain is lifting,people you have annoyed seem to be less annoyed now,And your thinking sure it wasn't that bad,everybody does stupid things ,I am not the only one etc etc By the fifth day sure your ready just to have a small few as you know now you can control this by staying away from x drink, you know everything be good......not.Our alcoholic minds are the most conniving .sly and dangerous as I well know as it took me years to accept I have an alcoholic/drink problem.went off on a bit of a rant there didn't I :H:H

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Mario, you are so right...there's nothing like a few sober days under your belt to make you think it was much ado about nothing. There is no opponent I've ever experienced like AL....it will do/say ANYTHING to get back in.
                            As you all must know, I stay over in the Newbie's Nest, and it is heartbreaking to see the folks come in there with the same stories of agony and hopelessness...only to see them get a few days in, feel better, and not come back. I have seen many return.....and nothing changed....it was just a year or 2 years later. My heart does bleed for them, because it's as simple as not drinking....but that IS the rub.
                            I'd like to think that people gain knowledge from others here, and take it onboard and run with it. I'd like to hold on to the hope that they go happily off into the sunset and have no other problems with AL. I see this often among folks that think they can control it...they just mosey off into to life having gained self-knowledge and self-control and most of all, awareness. Unfortunately, alcoholism is progressive...like any other disease or addiction...unless it is treated, why would it get better? It takes continuous treatment, in my opinion. It takes support and validation from like-minded people. AND, unfortunately, sometimes it takes seeing what it does to others you consider your friends. I am afraid this is going to be a vigil that I must keep for the rest of my life. And that's ok, because now I have a life that I'm willing to fight for! Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

So very true Mario,
                              That was me to a tee. Feel like crap Sun - Wed, then the cloud lifts and thoughts of hey, I wasn't that bad after all, or others saying your weren't that bad because they have seen you worse BS - to feel like crap for four days is bad, what a waste of precious time.

Not repeating that cycle again!! I strayed from this board when I wanted to "try" to moderate. This time I must not stray.
                              new beginnings July 16, 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X