Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Underoo's and Innashnal guests, August 2012!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rags;1363261 wrote: What art thou learning Bridget?
    I'm trying to enhance my IT skills. I thought I was pretty ordinary, but some poor folk can't turn the bloody thing on yet.
    Hope everyboddeee had a fabulous day....
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1363343 wrote: I'm trying to enhance my IT skills. I thought I was pretty ordinary, but some poor folk can't turn the bloody thing on yet.
      ... sometimes that's a good thing, non?

Comment

Yep for sure Rags hers was the bag I had my eye on - frames are good too!

Bridge - I wish he could be in he sun but he's hooked up to all the machines that go ping. He hasn't really seen sun in ages, he probably has zip vitamin D I should get them to at least give him a supplement for that.

Off to cook dinner see yas later if I don't pike and go to bed really early.
        "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Thanks mr g and happy and all yous wonderful people for thinking of dad.
          Fat Boy Slim at the closing ceremony - oh tres happy about that
          "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

tawnyfrog;1363344 wrote: ... sometimes that's a good thing, non?
            Very true in one sense, but like 'em or hate 'em there's a lot of good that can come out of having a computer, especially for people that might otherwise be quite isolated. There's some slightly older folk who live out of town a bit, and as frightened as they are, I can see them benefiting the most from it. As long as the atmosphere stays light and fun and non competitive (which it is) I can see them rocking it.
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Sorry Bridge - I was actually taking the piss suggesting that some people shouldn't turn the 'puter on but I totally agree with your serious sentiments. Almost on a daily basis I regret that my dad popped his clogs before ever embracing cyber world. He would have loved it big time. As a seeker of wisdom and truth, Mrs. Google would have been his ultimate paramour.

Comment

tawnyfrog;1363357 wrote: Sorry Bridge - I was actually taking the piss suggesting that some people shouldn't turn the 'puter on but I totally agree with your serious sentiments. Almost on a daily basis I regret that my dad popped his clogs before ever embracing cyber world. He would have loved it big time. As a seeker of wisdom and truth, Mrs. Google would have been his ultimate paramour.
                :H:H:H
                I'm usually a bit quicker than that.
                I've been taking self soooooooo seri-arsely all day.
                My Dad just loves IT.....and he picked it up at warp speed too....amazingly so
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Evening all,

The cyber world sure is amazement.

A beaut day spent out and about in the winter sun. A powerful AA meeting in town, as i find they usually are, you know, your tragi-comedy, yer pathos, a few laughs, and always a warm, quite spiritual feeling. It doesn't get much 'realer'. After a bit of a wander, i was waiting for my tram, when one pulled up. There were 2 blokes from same meeting on tram waving to me. Knockabout blokes with 2 teeth between em and a smile only a mother or another AA'er could love. I waved back, then one yelled out so the whole tram and street could hear.....'Sobriety!' with a big thumbs up. I had to laugh.

Then a young student type bloke looking B&I with clipboard on the street cleared my path with the comment 'Hey, looking suave bro' . Ain't that grand?

More on the website www.itreallyisALLaboutme.com or follow me on twitter.

Bean style soup with heaps of garlic and chilli on the boil.

Wishing Corri a maaagnificent week. I'll be very interested to hear all about it Cozza if you wish to share.

Wonder how Rags is getting on, and where's Mussy?
                  Ooroo.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

:H:H:H Mr G.
                    Modern confidentiality is an amazing thing innit?
                    I love the chemist girls with their loud clear voices as they chew gum and announce the details of your prescription at the top of their nasally 16 year old lungs....precious....
                    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1363366 wrote: :H:H:H Mr G.
                      Modern confidentiality is an amazing thing innit?
                      I love the chemist girls with their loud clear voices as they chew gum and announce the details of your prescription at the top of their nasally 16 year old lungs....precious....
                      Yes, as many a musician has discovered when asking for directions to the body lice section. So i've heard.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Guitarista;1363371 wrote: Yes, as many a musician has discovered when asking for directions to the body lice section. So i've heard.
                        Oh Dog.....
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1363343 wrote: I'm trying to enhance my IT skills. I thought I was pretty ordinary, but some poor folk can't turn the bloody thing on yet.
                          Hope everyboddeee had a fabulous day....
                          WEA? TAFE? I need to do an IT course of some sort... I allow the computer to daunt me.
                          Want to do a photography course too.

Comment

Im here Mr G - just busy packing the house up at the mo By jaysus, Mr B has managed to accumulate a lot of stuff over the years . I can forgive the boxes of family letters, but why we need the collection of cables for computers that have long since been superceded by newer models I have no idea!

Anyway, most of everything is all packed up, and off to storage 1st week of September. All of our CDs and dvds are now stored on an external hard drive, in preparation for shifting into our yet-to-be-found small but perfectly formed apartment. We have yet to decide what to do with all our books though ....... They need an apartment of their own :H

Having had almost no work for the last six months, and feeling a bit desperate about surviving financially, we have collectively landed 3 contracts in the last week. I am very grateful, but it looks like some busy days ahead over the next wee while And it means we can pay the wages for the rest of this financial year

Apologies for being in "its all about me" mode at the moment, particularly when I know that others are going through big time stuff. Thinking of you all even when I cant make it on-line
                            Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Did anyone listen to Margaret Throsby to-day? Guest was a 2011 Nobel prize winner who wait for it, was cooking a green chickeb curry when the phone call from Switzerland came to let hin know he'd won!

He also informed us that all the hydrogen in our bodies has been around for 13.5 billion years. No wonder I feel old.

On Sunday morning I was reading excerpts from Matthew Flinders' book to Mr Rags. I got the lappy and followed some of his travels via google earth.

Now Leon, listen while Aunty Raggsy tells you a story.....
                              In 1796, Matt and George went from Sydney down to Wollongong in a tiny little 8 foot boat.
                              On the way back a big storm came up, and as the coastline was big cliffs they were in a bit of trouble.... and they had just about run out of fresh water.

Suddenly, through the rain, Matt spotted a small inlet ahead…. He took down the sail, and surfed across the reef into a tiny bay that sheltered them from the storm. Next morning was sunny and clear, and they found themselves in a lagoon with a waterfall at the end… fresh water!

So, they had some brekky, made a cup of tea, then with the water barrel full of fresh water, they headed back out to sea and up to Sydney.

Well, after I told this story to Mr Rags, he said, “I camped there at Wattomulla when I was in the Scouts… lets go there for a picnic.”

So we packed up leftovers from Saturdays dinner, and off we went. Some of the teddies came along too…..

And Mr Rags arranged a floral decoration for the table…

Comment

Missy...you are the least "its all about me" person I cyber know...lovely to see you post...

Comment

Working...
                                X