Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Underoo's and Innashnal guests, August 2012!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy, so pleased you got your fire going.....

and a goodnight to all.. catch yous tomorrow

Comment

Guitarista;1365279 wrote: Morning Roo's,

Hey Leon, Aunty Rags doesn't muck around does she? Looking good Raggsy. Did i spot a 750 ml bottle of Bundy ginger beer in the kitchen?

Happy, relaxed and chilled here. Why? Because i'm sober. Hence, the positivity and wonder of life return to their rightful place......in me heart and scone.Hey Techie! Funny re daughter ringing you about them not selling 400g cans. :H
      Hi Mr G... it certainly is Bundy diet ginger beer. Well spotted. next to the rice bran oils

Glad you're sober. It's a great place to be isn't it.

tawnyfrog;1365322 wrote: WRONG! It actually looks like this: Oh, and that's my driveway on the left ...
      Beaut leaf litter there Tawn, and the sheep look quite contented.

sunshinetoday;1365352 wrote:
      Afternoon kiddies.
      Rags, Leon loves the skylight.
      Look Leon, look! While aunty Rags was at Lake Macquarie, the skylight elf came again.....

Working on current daytime usage of my kitchen lights, they will take about 10 years to pay for themselves.

byebyebridgetjones;1365385 wrote:
      Arvo all. Went to see The Sapphires today. Great little movie, and good on Deborah going up against young Jessica singing. Very brave.
      our grevilleas are gorgeous Rags, but I suppose the wind's knocked the shit out of them too?
      Hello Bridge, I've been thinking about going to see that movie before flitting o/seas.
      The grevs are great but the newly planted ones are not doing a damned thing. And its been dry as a bone here too.

Comment

[quote]Lillypond059;1365348 wrote: I have really experieced a few new things in my life lately....

being away in the caravan, to a site that had no power,no showers, it did have toilets, so all cooking done on gas, and to wash was a basin of water, and having a bird bath.....but all was good, didn't mind that at all...

meal cooked on camp fire, lamb and veg done in camp oven, son cooked that, had never had a meal done like that, it was absolutly lovely...... really enjoyed the weekend..
        cant wait to do it again soon...

I know most of you, will have done all of this, but for me it was new,

t....
        There's nothing to beat a campfire cooked meal is there.
        Mr Rags and I were only talking this morning about getting out and going camping again.

tawnyfrog;1365419 wrote: I'm with him. Can't handle the humidity in Singers. We once had a lovely Undie who lived there called Sweaty Betty. She was great.
        Yeah I miss Sweaty too. She was good value. And a lovely person too.

Cashregister;1365422 wrote:
        I used to live there...miss it great nick!!
        Only been there for 2 days. Tres humid. Went to the botanic gardens.. superb, and had a wonderful Turkish meal in the Arab quarter, on the corner of Arab Street.

myhappyplace;1365473 wrote:
        ...and a truffle hound....
        We had shaved truffles last night at Restaurant Atelier

Restaurant Atelier :: Welcome

Will see if I can download some food pics. We all had degustation.

[QUOTE=techie;Anyway their guacamole is to die for. They add something I can taste but can't identify. I think it maybe a hint of mint but not sure.

I have Leon at the head of the table [/quote]

I love guacomole. If I ever get your way, you can invite me to dinner.

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1365881 wrote: Yes. And we'll put it through the blender for you. So you don't have to chew it.

:H

byebyebridgetjones;1365891 wrote:
          I am going to be lining up for the premier of this.

Kath & Kimderella - in cinemas Sept 6, 2012 - New Kath & Kim Movie.
          Drat, I'll be overseas. Will definitely catch it when I come back.

Comment

Love the skylight Rags!

So Leon News!
            Whether intentionally or unintentionally, Leon said his first word. His first word was MOM!!!!!!
            Hubs and I were cooking dinner with Leon in the kitchen, and he said it and we both heard it. So then my husband was feeling a bit jealous. So he spent the next 30 minutes trying to get him to say Daddy. So funny and SO AWESOME!!!!

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

sunshinetoday;1366248 wrote: Love the skylight Rags!

So Leon News!
              Whether intentionally or unintentionally, Leon said his first word. His first word was MOM!!!!!!
              Hubs and I were cooking dinner with Leon in the kitchen, and he said it and we both heard it. So then my husband was feeling a bit jealous. So he spent the next 30 minutes trying to get him to say Daddy. So funny and SO AWESOME!!!!
              Wonderful!
              Did he say mom or mum?

Can he say Aunty Rags yet?

Comment

First course was bonito with Korean seaweed... Mr Rags told me to stop playing with my food... I was trying to be artistic.....

Next came smoked miso soup (with coriander so Mr Rags gave me his), with pork belly and tempura marron tail.

Followed by
                Jihn Dory with celeriac and other stuff, done sous vide and scrummo.

Duck came nest.. breast with confit leg with turnip and radish.

Comment

Ahhh but wait, there's more....
                  How's this for a strip loin of venison?? With shaved truffle .

Finally, dessert number one... chocolatey things

And dessert number two: pistachio souffle with vanilla ice cream and a sweet miso milkshake with edible chololate straw.

What a feast!

Comment

Miss Behaving;1366161 wrote: Oh Happs, your cup will be running over!! Just in time for summer too :H:H

Your brekkie sounds delish Froglette!

Having done a lot of packing over the last couple of weeks, we thought we would start to do some looking at Open Homes this weekend. Just to start doing our homework and get a bit of a sense of what the market is like etc etc. But bugger me, if we didn't find somewhere that ticks all our boxes and is at a reasonable price. It has been on the market for a while, and the owners are leaving it on for another week before they decide whether to rent it out. I've got very attached to the thought of living there over the last 3 hours - it is small but perfectly formed, overlooks the harbor where I swim, is away from the city but very close to it and best of all is on the ground floor with a very nice piece of lawn in front of it. One of the biggest issues for us in terms of moving to having an apartment rather than a house as our Wellington base was how the cats would manage. Anyway, I won't get excited just yet, but it is good to know that there are places out there that are nice.
                    I'll bet my mortgage THAT'S your new place. Just bet 'ya....
                    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1366264 wrote: I'll bet my mortgage THAT'S your new place. Just bet 'ya....
                      probably right too Bridge...

Weird smells emanating from fire....peturbed Mr Happs has stuck his head in the ceiling space, run around sniffing the air, opened doors and windows, had ladders on roof....its all go....when he eventually collapsed on the lounge xorsted, he looks at me and says - I can still smell it....trying to convince him to just s.i.t....

Comment

sunshinetoday;1366248 wrote: Love the skylight Rags!

So Leon News!
                        Beautiful Sunny :h

Rags, but where is the main course?!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Finally...calm farm now...

Rags the food looks wonderful, particularly like the look of the little chocolatey things...Sunny I will expect Leon to welcome me with a big hello Auntie Haps when I see you this week, cant wait...off to bed now Undies, catch you later...

Comment

Rags, He said MOM hehe. The food looks divine, speshly the desserts.

MB, I love it when you find everything you want in a place to live. Though one thing I notice, is you can come too love a place you thought didn't check all the boxes. You just find you have different boxes to check over time, or change it to check the boxes.

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Haps, glad the flue is in. I am running my heater while hubs is changing Leon and saying "daddy"over and over.

Comment

Missy,
                                It sounds like good things are happening for you. Should I keep my fingers crossed for you?

Comment

Working...
                                X