Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Underoo's and Innashnal guests, August 2012!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning All. Hiya Cashy.
    Ronnie, my hubs snores as well and I can hear him on the other end of the house when I get up to feed Leon sometimes. Jeesh.
    Happy August all.
    Techie, love the photos.
    TF, your lunch looked YUM. Though I had crab and saffron linguine yesterday that was divine, of course at a restaurant so never as good as home made.
    I think I am going to sneak in a nap.
    Haps, I had the best brownies in Byron Bay, I reckon they can solve problems or bad moods.

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Hiya Sunshine!
      Ronnie - we shall overcome etc this lemon juice and water is doing great things for me I reckon I'm having my own little detox party today - I could pee for Australia this morning! Sorry to hear that you also have a snorer - but usually my meds let me sleep through it - just not happening right now I'm sure things will settle though. I'm not having my shakes or really bad sweats so am content with my insomnia and low grade nausea for now (though I wonder if that could be one too many juiced lemons? -who can tell).
      "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Yay for August and being almost at the end of summer!! There were definite signs of spring walking to work this morning - magnolias are in flower, daphne bushes blooming and the birds are tweeting madly (and not on Twitter either!)

I'm joining with Ronnie and Cashie for August (Hi Cashie - not sure we have met before :waving. I am on a very strict regime of eating and exercise from today - had a visit to the Dr this morning because my back still hasn't come right ....... my blood pressure is through the roof apparently, which is quite unusual for me, and she thinks it might be because of the arthritis medication that the hospital prescribed (which I have also started to get side effects from). So I'm off the arthritis medication, and on a mission to lose 20 kilos, which is the main thing that will help my arthritis, my back and my blood pressure. Tracking everything through "My Fitness Pal" which is a great little i-pad app!! Have been using it for a couple of weeks now, and I really like it

Back to the Dr in a months time, and if my blood pressure isn't back to normal she wants to put me on blood pressure medication, which is a route that I do NOT want to go down. My arse has been severely kicked and I am going to get it back into gear! I'm sure Sarge will help too!!

And one of my goals for August is to use my time better, so I am not going to log in here until lunchtime! So some other early bird will need to start us off - if not Tawny, then maybe Sunny after an early morning feed
        Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Hi there Miss we may have met before but a long time ago we definitely need to get your Bp down and your weight off - I could do with a few kilos off myself but I'm not throwing myself in the deep end - need to chill a while and take baby steps or I just get too many pots on the boil and forget which ones the important one - and for me that's an AF August right now When I stop drinking the weight seems to drop off anyway as my appetite stays same but don't have all those empty calories sloshing around inside me.

Comment

HAPPY WATTLE DAY

And happy birthday to all the horses.

Comment

Gee Missy,
              take it easy with the blood pressure and your back.

My back is slowly getting better, hopefully it will be OK by the weekend.

Comment

OK Off air till tomorrow night. Going to Sydney to say oo roo to my girlfriend who is going back to UK. Her flat is a kilometre from the Olympic stadium.

Ooh Techie, I'd stick to going to the local library from now on... much safer!

Comment

Hi everyone,

I've just bathed the Princess Lilly (lovely cat) and Lady Dharma (my little doggie). They are now sitting in the sun. Can't believe the hair they shed.

Haven't been posting much, but looking, looking....

So glad to here Missy's good news!

Hope Cori is doing better.

Fantabulisimo to see Mr G start this wonderful month off!

I'm still on my second week of leave. This morning I've made veg soup, done a pilates class (and one last night), thought about life a lot..... I got up early so that I could take my sick friend to a neurologist appt this morning as it seemed her son wasn't able to do it. He usually does all of these sorts of things for her but not sure what happened. It was no bother to me at all. Anyway, my friend tried to confirm her son's intentions last night up until about 10.30 but he didn't return her calls. Just as I was walking out the door she called to say he was there ready to take her..... As we said later, why do our children think that organization of our lives are less important than their own. When she asked why he didn't call back he said "well, I knew what I was doing...." I think that my children have the impression that I have a silly little job to keep me occupied and that I fill my life with silly little things that are inconsequential....

Tawny, I didn't miss diet coke either. It really was habit. I've had one day where I've had about 4 cans but that was because I was with a group, socializing. Also can't wait for winter to be done. I find it hard to stay cheerful and on top of things during winter - I always have!!

Good for you Ronnie, getting back on the old bike. Nothing beats an AL free life....

So, just a quick check in. May be back later, but if I don't make it know that I'm thinking of you all!

Nicey
                  It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
                  Mother Theresa

Comment

Good morning Undies and fellow international guests.

Guess what? Today is International Friendship Day! So be nice The Frog might even give me a hug, or is that pushing it?

:hallo: Cashy - nice to meet you.
                    I'll do whatever it takes
                    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1358163 wrote: ? Today is International Friendship Day! So be nice The Frog might even give me a hug
                      I'll shake your hand and ruffle your hair and that's it. Got that?

Comment

tawnyfrog;1358166 wrote: I'll shake your hand and ruffle your hair and that's it. Got that?
                        :l:l:l
                        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tawnyfrog;1358166 wrote: I'll shake your hand and ruffle your hair and that's it. Got that?
                          Wait a minute... I don't HAVE hair that you can ruffle...
                          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

I rest my case.

Comment

Hey tiptronic love the tigger look - I'm a bit of a Winnie the Pooh fan myself. Have a lovely day TTFN!!

Comment

sunshinetoday;1358104 wrote: Haps, I had the best brownies in Byron Bay, I reckon they can solve problems or bad moods.
                                I'll take a plate load thank you Sunnygirl...geez giving up sugar again...

Evening Undies!

Comment

Working...
                                X