Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Underoo's and Innashnal guests, August 2012!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evening all
    Had teacher/parent night and the eldest is doing really well but just needs a bit more detail in his english so like a pratt i said i would help with homework ect. So now i have to read the book "Jacks Island" i hope its good, then i can test him.
    The books i read are autobiographies as i am really nosy & want to know what people have been doing with thier lives:H
    Or another book that i love reading is "Facebook":H:H Ok i will stop now. .......
    Right think i might have a cup of tea then bed
    Night all xx
    Well done Cashy xxxx
    :dancin: enguin:
    starting over

Comment

Cashregister;1358257 wrote: Easy peasy - American Gods by Neil Gaiman and Passage by Connie Willis
      :h:h:h
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good morning all.
        Love the night light feel of the moon when it gets full.
        Ronnie, that's great for your boy.
        I'm ready to jump back in bed,but to much to do.
        Bring it on Thursday!

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

tawnyfrog;1358239 wrote: Evening Happs - what's happenin'?

Highlight of my day ... picked up some new specs. Went for the tortoise shell look this time. Dog, they make me look so bloody intelligent. $600 well spent, I say. ***shudder***
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

sunshinetoday;1358529 wrote: Good morning all.
            Love the night light feel of the moon when it gets full.
            Ronnie, that's great for your boy.
            I'm ready to jump back in bed,but to much to do.
            Bring it on Thursday!
            Hi Sunny ans little Leon

Comment

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/funn...cket-11991.jpg

Leon taking a break from guitar practice..........

G'day Techie!

N.R.N.R.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Leon taking a break from guitar practice.......

G'day Techie!

N.R.N.R.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

My new resolution of not spending the first hour of my morning checking MWO has failed on its first attempt :H I opened the Word document that I was working on yesterday, and tried to read the report the contents of which I am trying to summarise, but I just couldn't concentrate for wondering what Leon would look like today, what meals had been cooked, which new tunes had been posted, what Melbourne looked like on the Reggie-cam ... so here I am. :H I might have to titrate down :H:H

myhappyplace;1358255 wrote: Mmmm....ok Undies...if you were on a desert island...and could only have two books - no ipad, kindle cheating.....what would you choose? I'm going to head to the library this week....
                  Happy - have two favorites of all time:
                  • "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" by Betty Smith. I first read it when I was ten, and think I have read it about ten times since. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Tree_...rooklyn_(novel) and"The Regeneration Trilogy" by Pat Barker. About the after-effects of WW1. Uplifting, not depressing - all about resilience

I really like Neil Gaiman too - heard him read at the Writers and Readers Festival a couple of years ago and it was a treat!!

Cashregister;1358261 wrote:
                  Just had some lemons so squeezed em in my water jug and drank heaps of it - should write a book - lemon detox mmm
                  I don't know about Australia, but the lemons here at the moment are fantastic!! Big and fat and juicy and cheap!! I am on the look out for any recipes that use lemons ...... what I would really love to do is a lemon meringue pie, but in the interests of my blood pressure I will refrain

(Thought: Maybe I could do the lemon meringue pie with stevia???? What do you reckon?)
                  Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

I've hung up my apron - for a while - Missy....but I agree on the lemons, they are lovely. Had some bewdiful - note MC adjective - veal last night with a lemon sauce....delish...

Thank you all so much for the book suggestions - yes Ronnie you too - I really needed a platform to jump from....tend to read a lot of the locusts school books and for some reason its been a while since I've even done that...so library and book shop today

Comment

ronnie;1358382 wrote: The books i read are autobiographies as i am really nosy & want to know what people have been doing with thier lives:H
                      Or another book that i love reading is "Facebook":H:H Ok i will stop now. .......
                      I'm still smiling on this one. Made my day...

Comment

Morning again. Gster, love the piccie.
                        Techie, Leon can't wait to dress up for Halloween, it's just around the corner.
                        MB, it's hard not to come here and read first thing everyday. It's addictive.

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

sunshinetoday;1358620 wrote: Morning again. Gster, love the piccie.
                          Techie, Leon can't wait to dress up for Halloween, it's just around the corner.
                          MB, it's hard not to come here and read first thing everyday. It's addictive.
                          Oh that's a picture I'm looking forward to !

Comment

Morning all
                            I love comming here first thing, its the only time i get some peace to read the thread xx
                            I have a lemon tree but its still quite small so i only get about 3 lemons from it
                            Well i started reading my eldest school book and its quite good so thats a relief
                            Right must go and wake the boys up now
                            Hope you all have a great day xxx
                            :dancin: enguin:
                            starting over

Comment

Running hello:new:

Hope everyone is going swimmingly.
                              I have a cancellation tonight, so I can lurk:H

Byeeeee
                              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

A day of happiness and positivity happening here - about half an hour after getting into work I had a ring from the bank, saying that someone had found my wallet ........ before I even knew that I had lost it. (didn't properly zip up the pocket on my back pack and it fell out). Went to pick it up from the person who found it - an older Indian man, with whom I had a lovely talk about karma, and community well-being, and the importance of looking out for our neighbors.

Got back to work and my ex-foster daughter (who lives in Auckland) rang to say she has got some cheap flights in September and can she come "home" to introduce her new boyfriend to me.

Feeling so happy at the moment that I just had a wee weep :H
                                Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Working...
                                X