Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Underoo's and Innashnal guests, August 2012!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh MB that's fabulous. You deserve some wonderful karma.

I can join you on the good day vibe. I think it's the music making my day good. Orf to buy baby Leon everything under the sun with my mom. See yous all soon.

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Hiya gang,

What a lovely story, Missy. I'm so happy for you. And it reinforces my belief in karma which I've been struggling with a tad over the past couple of weeks. Many years ago I entered into a business deal with a friend which has now come back to bite me in the arse. I've been having very ugly and angry thoughts about the whole thing but that's not doing me any good at all. So ... karmic thoughts are back on the agenda. The concept lowers my heart-rate and soothes my rattled brow. As do pics of baby Leon.

Comment

Unfortunately have sinuitus have been sleeping- yes i did eventually sleep at about 1am then woke up at 6am all blocked up- so the rest of the days sleep has been antihiistamine induced. Seeing gp tomorrow to get some antibiotics - my face hurts. Neil Gaiman is a legend my hubby has all his graphic novels - I love his Sandman ones and his novels without pictures of course. If you haven't read him you might have seen the movies Stardust and Coraline based on two of his books Looks like you like him Techie - were those hearts for Connie Willis as well? she's a genius I reckon! Hope you all have a great day - day five for me - how are you doing Ronnie? I feel like I'm cheating cause I'm sick and haven't even wanted a drink - yechh - love Cashy xxx
        "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Miss Behaving;1358664 wrote: A day of happiness and positivity happening here - about half an hour after getting into work I had a ring from the bank, saying that someone had found my wallet ........ before I even knew that I had lost it. (didn't properly zip up the pocket on my back pack and it fell out). Went to pick it up from the person who found it - an older Indian man, with whom I had a lovely talk about karma, and community well-being, and the importance of looking out for our neighbors.

Got back to work and my ex-foster daughter (who lives in Auckland) rang to say she has got some cheap flights in September and can she come "home" to introduce her new boyfriend to me.

Feeling so happy at the moment that I just had a wee weep :H
          Fantastic stuff, Missy :l
          I'll do whatever it takes
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Hope you're enjoying the shopping, Sunny

:waving: Froglet & Cashy
            I'll do whatever it takes
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Bugger just replied to all the stuff being said here andit didn't post so hi all much good stuff going down great to see: Ronnie day five yay - Tawny - still a good revenge fantasy can also be good for the soul lol - Bridget thanks - hiya tigger looks like a happy day for you. - coolness Missy - and shopping is so therapeutic Sunny. Draw breath and post.....

Comment

Bloody marvelous

Comment

tawnyfrog;1358693 wrote: Hiya gang,

What a lovely story, Missy. I'm so happy for you. And it reinforces my belief in karma which I've been struggling with a tad over the past couple of weeks. Many years ago I entered into a business deal with a friend which has now come back to bite me in the arse. I've been having very ugly and angry thoughts about the whole thing but that's not doing me any good at all. So ... karmic thoughts are back on the agenda. The concept lowers my heart-rate and soothes my rattled brow. As do pics of baby Leon.
                  I totally agree Tawny. I had a couple of similar experiences - not major, but things that cost me money and made me lose trust in people who I believed were trustworthy. All were around decisions that I made in my late 20s/early 30s ......... old enough to accept responsibility for all my own decisions, but still young enough to believe that everything would turn out well in the end And bugger me, a couple of them didn't

I've sort of been thinking about it because Mr B and I are doing a "couple's workshop" this weekend. Yes, I know it's really ultra-gack, (and no innuendo please, however tempting it is :H) but we've been going through quite a lot of shit, and I wanted to have some time where we could think about our future once the house is sold. I want us to have a "joint venture"..... . I think for a lot of people that involves bringing up their kids, and I envy those who have the privilege of being able to do that :l But we don't have any, and having happy cats is not quite enough Having a place up the coast that is closer to his boy and where we can have chooks and a garden is a dream we have been talking about for a couple of years, and it might just be the right time to start putting that dream into action.

I'm in "it's all about me" mode at the moment, sorry :new:
                  Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

I think you are spot on about having a joint venture - I believe that is true for couples with or without children - hence empty nest syndrome. We try to do even little things like walking together every night after dinner if we can, going to theatre, going to the cricket, short holidays - even working out the household budget.

Comment

Hehe, seeing as I'm a foreigner, I thought I was going to a nearby shopping centre with a similar name to a much more distant suburb. So committed to go pick up an item off a gum tree ad and was gone hours instead of what would of been 30 minutes. Nice. Also went to toys'rus where grandma spoiled him.
                      Gotta run to soccer practice where I will freeze my tits off.
                      Leon just 20 minutes ago in the piccie.

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

That's absolutely great, Missy - not even vaguely GACK-worthy. I've been thinking lot about you and MrB because ... as it happens ... (take a seat, it's gonna be long) ... remember a while ago I mentioned I was invited to a First Birthday Party? I thought it was absurd that folk held parties for a one-year old but apparently that's quite ok.

So - fast forward some three months - the happy parents are no more and have split. So in my mind, in another ten or so years' time I see another Mr.B and partner and boy doing battle with the manipulative ex. Fusk!

And you KNOW you're an old fart when you think that people just bail out too soon. FFS, kiddos, you're 27 - you've had a domestic. You're going to pull the pin totally? When there's a kid involved?

Cheeses twice.

***Sliding my new intelligent tortoise shells down my nose and boring in a challenging manner into the eyes of anyone who is listening ***

Comment

MB, sometimes it really does need to be all about you. There is nothing in life that doesn't need some kind of maintenance and tlc to stay in good condition.

Comment

tawnyfrog;1358747 wrote: That's absolutely great, Missy - not even vaguely GACK-worthy. I've been thinking lot about you and MrB because ... as it happens ... (take a seat, it's gonna be long) ... remember a while ago I mentioned I was invited to a First Birthday Party? I thought it was absurd that folk held parties for a one-year old but apparently that's quite ok.

So - fast forward some three months - the happy parents are no more and have split. So in my mind, in another ten or so years' time I see another Mr.B and partner and boy doing battle with the manipulative ex. Fusk!

And you KNOW you're an old fart when you think that people just bail out too soon. FFS, kiddos, you're 27 - you've had a domestic. You're going to pull the pin totally? When there's a kid involved?

Cheeses twice.

***Sliding my new intelligent tortoise shells down my nose and boring in a challenging manner into the eyes of anyone who is listening ***
                            Agreed tawn

Comment

I'm lost and I assume I should be
                              Tawny first birthdays for children are an excuse for a party for grown ups
                              And no not just old farts think people bail out too soon I agree

Comment

I'm a bit scared of the Frog with her new super-power glasses.

I made some new friends and they don't know I'm weird yet.
                                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                                X