Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Underoo's and Innashnal guests, August 2012!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guitarista;1370001 wrote: G'day Techie,

Socks wrapped in tape. Love it. I am a firm believer that gaffa tape holds the universe together.

Wishing all a safe, sober and miraculous, yes miraculous day.
    It certainly does Mr G..

We always have tape in our packs... great 1st aid kit, repair kit, hemming tape,and general clothes reair... and temporary shoes as Techie has attested. A roll of it is going to Africa with us.

Comment

Awwww - thanks Tawny. I don't often wear this colour because when I do I become a wanton sex goddess and we all know where me being in that frame of mind leads..........:H
      It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
      Mother Theresa

Comment

Hi everyone,
        Another day of coolness here, & altho all are wanting rain, I am wanting sunshine!
        Just been to see a mare with a developing pneumonia, & as I was going about my business, i realised that HEY I AM a good vet. I need to get back into working, but in a nice, supportive clinic.....which is not here. SO, that issue will need to be resolved.

I will promise to get photos of me in the balloon dress. If they're helium, I could have endless fun "undressing" ,as, childishly, I find helium voices absolutely bloody hilarious. A bit like fake vomit on the floor & putting gladwrap over the toilet bowl. Sophisticated, aren't I!

Last day of shearing today, & thank goodness for that - now finally we might get some pressure off the sheep work. Whenever you hear of a farmer's wife speaking of sheep work, know that the alternative word for it is "divorce".

I hope you all have a good day.
        For the record, I have no probs if anyone prefers to call me "beagle" OR "corrie"....both words have nice associations for me. Some of the people on chat can't seem to wrap their heads around my name change!
        Speaking of chat, is there any reason why you guys don't seem to go into it?
        I've had great little convos with some hilarious people, but I've never seen any Undies there. Just wondering.

Comment

Miss Behaving;1370016 wrote: See Techie, this is why you are a natural Undie ... it is the DIY/Number 8 wire mentality :H

Beags (you know I still think of you as Beags rather than Corrie ... but which do you prefer???) you absolutely must post a picture of you in the balloon dress :H

When we had car window problems at Innamincka about 5 years ago, Number 8 fencing wire was used to hold the window in place for a month and several thousand km till we got back home.

Yeah, I still tend towards Beags too.

byebyebridgetjones;1370035 wrote: Yes I was quite annoyed with that very arrogant and presumptuous proposal about weighing school kids too Froglette. What a fabulous way to further alienate a child that could well already have issues. I sometimes think that the government imagines that they own
          our children.

SO a formal good morning to everyone, and I hope you all slept as well as I did.

I
          It's a bit much weighing at school I think. Even atmy absolute fittest I was a large framed lass. Though none of my littlies in my Dharma class would be on one side or other of average... they are taking the Middle Way whereas my girlfriends kids (court case tomorrow) would all be on the largish side of average.... what a humiliation for some kids if it is introduced.

I had a dreadful nightmare last night... I was sleeping upstairs and Mr Rags was downstairs (snoring issues) and I was in a tent somewhere with two men. One got stabbed, and another was trying to drag me away as yet another person outside the tent had a knife to me! I was yelling for help. It came, in the guise of a naked Mr Rags saying it's all right I'm here. It was scary. This morning I asked my next door neighbour if she'd heard me yelling for help. She said no, but if she had heard she would've come over to see what was the matter. Now that is a bloody good neighbour if you ask me. One day I'll tell you about when I lived in a ground floor flat in Glebe and having night time intruders. Incredibly scary. But I lashed out and punched him.

tawnyfrog;1370123 wrote:
          Arvo all,

Raggsy - have you tried hitting the rotating oscillator with a spare vented mandrel? Usually works for me.

I'll give it a try. Nothing else works.

I usually use a winch handle from the boat... works well with sail lugs... as Reggie will agree

Comment

coriander;1370130 wrote: Hi everyone,
            ISpeaking of chat, is there any reason why you guys don't seem to go into it?
            I've had great little convos with some hilarious people, but I've never seen any Undies there. Just wondering.
            I used to go on a bit, but haven't for probably 2 years. I might go on when I come back. I had great chats with S04 at times.

Comment

Rags;1369588 wrote: Hi Dixon,
              As Mr G says, it's primarily for those in the Antipodes (hmmm what is the opposite of Antipodes) in common time zones and mostly able to understand each others' vernacular.
              We chat about a huge range of interesting topics here ranging from poultry farming, growing vegetables , managing huge wheat properties, to cooking, domestic dramas, lifes little daily highlights, my inability to master the use of my mobile phone, sailing (Reggie has a webcam on his boat sort of), what is troubling us, and watching Leon, the weather , Masterchef and Grand Designs. We're quite an eclectic mob at times, laughing, helping , advising, and just BEING here for each other..

i just read back, this is so us!
              the best explanation of how we roll ive ever seen. :h:h:h
              AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

Ive always called CS04 copper sulphate!! We had a giggle about it but I don't think she quite got where I was coming from. I used to chat with propartycheif a bit, but I think he's in rehab....solitaire is on, from South Africa, Turnagain from Alaska, Determinator, a few others. It's nice light-hearted chatter, a bit like here without the time delays.
                I usually see who's "in" around 1-2 pm my time if I'm stuck in the house.

Comment

aspman;1370138 wrote:
                  the best explanation of how we roll ive ever seen.
                  Why?

Comment

coriander;1370139 wrote: Ive always called CS04 copper sulphate!! We had a giggle about it but I don't think she quite got where I was coming from. I .
                    So did I .. I think half the people called her that. She speaks french and russian. Det is good value too. Do you remember Happy Camper?

tawnyfrog;1370140 wrote:
                    Why?
                    Because I said so!

Comment

coriander;1370139 wrote: Ive always called CS04 copper sulphate!! We had a giggle about it but I don't think she quite got where I was coming from. I used to chat with propartycheif a bit, but I think he's in rehab....solitaire is on, from South Africa, Turnagain from Alaska, Determinator, a few others. It's nice light-hearted chatter, a bit like here without the time delays.
                      I usually see who's "in" around 1-2 pm my time if I'm stuck in the house.
                      Beags, I think it is partly just a time zone thing, and who is on when you want to be on yourself. I used chat a lot when I first started in here. I had some good experiences and some bad ones.

Keep using it if it works for you - there is no right or wrong about how you should be or not be.

Nicey and Bridge - your reflections brought back a host of memories for me, most of which I have chosen not to think about for years because they are too painful. Particularly growing up as the younger sister of 4 brothers who were all sporty and athletic. All I can say is that I totally know where you are coming from. I had glasses too. And freckles.

I also had brains, but it took me a long time to appreciate that that was a good thing
                      Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Well I'm glad we're all in agreement about the school weigh ins. It's been a sore spot for years with me.

Doesn't mean I don't want to know in minute detail how Nicey got down to a Size 8 :wow:
                        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1370156 wrote: Well I'm glad we're all in agreement about the school weigh ins. It's been a sore spot for years with me.

Doesn't mean I don't want to know in minute detail how Nicey got down to a Size 8 :wow:
                          I've dropped 3.5 kilos in August. I had hoped for 5 kg but considering I had a dinner party, and two restaurant dinners plus eating the stuff I'd bought for the dinner party last Sat that didn't happen... I wasn't even a size 9 when I was ten years old.

KIDS: I was talking about impermanence and change to the kiddies this morning and one example I gave was well, when you were all five, you couldn't tie your shoelaces.
                          About 5 of them put up their hand and said yes I could. And one lovely little kid ( not Sebastian) said I could tie a triple bow when I was five.

To all this I replied that I was quite unable to tie my shoes up till I was seven... I was a slow learner.. they thought that was pretty funny.

Comment

Don't know if anyone else is watching Puberty Blues. Very funny trick with an apple core there.:H
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1370232 wrote: Don't know if anyone else is watching Puberty Blues. Very funny trick with an apple core there.:H
                              :H yep, used to do that too...didnt come true btw...

Comment

Is that movie Storm Boy????:H
                                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                                X