Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini update

G'day y'all,

It's nice to be back after a recent couple of weeks off.

All good here, and moving forward through daily action towards my goals.

The main reason for this post is to say that sometimes we can get a little disheartened by certain perceptions we get here on the boards, and in my case, that was a perceived lack of support. But this perception was not true. There is lot's of support here, and sometimes we have to ask for it. I am one of those very independent folk who thinks he can or should do everything on his own. Well, it's okay to ask for support. You will find support here somewhere eventually, and you will find a great thread you feel comfortable with, maybe drop in and out of the various excellent threads, or start your own.

My point is, stopping drinking and staying stopped, is difficult to do alone. It can be done, but i encourage everyone to seek out the support and comaraderie here, and use it. And seek out support in your '3D' day to day real life too.

Taking daily action is essential, and soon becomes a fun, effortless part of our lives, building a strong foundation for a sober life.

Take care, and strive for happiness. Yes you. :welcome:

G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Mini update

Aw G, just logged in and seen this. Sorry you've been feeling this way. I sensed something, hence my earlier post on your other thread. TBH, I hesitate as I don't want to insult you! That sounds daft now. I feel like such a newbie still and worry if my words are "worthy" of being on this site. We do go through some odd perceptions don't we. Anyway, just wanted to say you have my support and like I said earlier, I have lots of these :l
    You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Mini update

Ps. I know you have MASSES of support on here and know this thread will be flooded soon
      You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Mini update

aw G...you know I adore you!!
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Mini update

G - your other thread rought me back, it was one of the first I felt comfortable coming back to and your daily words of wisdom have been a huge part of my getting to 11 days - i would be honoured to support you in any way that I can....
          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Mini update

Hi giutarista,
            Welcome back!
            You are an inspiring person to everyone here.
            Of course,we will get less support here cause people hesitate to give you suggestion thinking of you a senior and guru.
            I hope you will be more stronger seeing the people battling badly here.
            You have already reach above the base camp of Mt Everest,and your goal must be to conquer it.
            Offering support here and being a master really make you satisfied and self content.
            There is no deviation that one must be self content to offer any thing to others.you are a hero here...
            Expect your support always.
            With due respect.
            Dix
            A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

Mini update

G I see this as anathema to the guy I know. You are so strong and someone who brings much light to those suffering. I expect nothing short of positive reporting going forward. I'm a fan !!!
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Mini update

I have only been here a year and a quarter, but Ive always made a point of reading your posts. Your voice and what you say is so distinctive. Not just because or your nationality either. You have a way of providing guidance or encouragement to people that is very effective. I dont think there is anyone on here like you, and I really am in awe of your strength and courage. I think people benefit from seeing your contributions to these threads, I know I have.

kas
                Kaslo

Stopped the madness: February 14, 2011

Comment

Mini update

Mr G, I read some of your posts yesterday and found them sooooooooo inspiring!!! Please keep giving your words of wisdom. There are lots of us who are struggling still and its people like you that makes us fight on!! :thanks::thanks:

Comment

Mini update

G-man. Your inspiring posts have really helped me and you reach out to so many. Love ya.
                    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Mini update

Hi everyone. Thanks all for your warm, kind words. :h

Support for me in reality, is always on offer here, and i know that.

Going great here, and kicking goals.

My point/post is more for those folk here who isolate themselves, (like i can) and don't join in, and potentially miss out on some genuine support, and sharing of the journey. I encourage anyone feeling isolated, or hesitant, to consider reaching out and just jumping in and introducing yourself. Have a yak and know that there are many people here on very similar journey's. And reach out in your real life too, even if that feels a little awkward at first. We don't have to isolate ourselves and do this alone. :h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Mini update

Hey G!

If you ever need a little cheering up I can always make you a chocolate coconut milk ice cream cone! Then you can post a picture of yourself grinning ear to ear like my grandson :H :H

You know you are loved :h
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mini update

Hi Mr G,

I think you are swell, one of thee nicest peeps around!... I know what you mean about that old perception & expectations taking some funny twists. I also tend to be independent & private too. I'd read something Marioman posted about isolating & how important it is that we all need support. It just was what I needed ta hear, as my big ole head was headed into hiding. Just wanted ya ta know I think most of us think these things from time ta time too.

So, maybe we will have ta make a special sign or thread for us folks who have a harder time reaching out, I don't know. I am just thankful that I feel that there are 2-3 people I think & feel I could count on if I was going ta gulp down the poison, which for me means it could easily be the end.

I just hope you know you've helped many folks here & your a person I feel safe with here. If you ever need anything you can count on this Mama ta help, I'd do the best I can for ya even if were miles a part. I'd even try writin a silly song if it help. I didn't know you were in need, so please let folks know!....

Take Care,

Wildflowers :l

Comment

Mini update

G - I have always thought you were such a great guy. Big hugs to you. And here's someone else that you can always turn to. :l
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Mini update

I'm convinced that we have a LOT of stages to go through in recovery G force.
                              Hopefully they will all make sense in retrospect
                              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                              X