Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 month update

Hi All!
    well today is 6 months with no alcohol! feeling fine. we have plans at a friends house tonight and i had to send her a little email to let her know i was on the wagon because she kept talking about all the wine she would have. I just figured i would rather tell her that way than face to face so she could not read my expressions. plus i did not want her to spend extra money on me. She wrote back that she was impressed and that she herself thinks she needs an intervention. if only she knew all the shame i have endured with the dWI she would not feel jealous of my sobriety. i have really not had many urges. i did feel a little sad last night when we were leaving our pool as others were arriving with their coolers to enjoy their friday night. i know i am glorifying it, but i did love hanging out at dusk putting back a few and allowing conversation that i usually save for my own head. i know i woke up without a hangover though as many of them are probably still sleeping it off. I hope to never go back. this life is so much better! :h
    I must suppress the beast within so I can find my way out of the darkness.
    sober since 2/4/12

6 month update

Congratulations Starfairy! That is quite an accomplishment. Very proud of you and like the way you let your friend know you weren't drinking. I think there are more that shouldn't be drinking than those who can.

Comment

6 month update

Congratulations on your 6 months AF!

Comment

6 month update

HEY STAR

You are such an inspiration! I am so impressed by your story.

I know what you mean about being a bit wistful about drinking times, but it just takes a little more thought to allow in the awful memories too, and then you go on your way.

Have a wonderful weekend

Comment

6 month update

CONGRATS on your 6 AF months! :goodjob:

Stay as strong as you are now & enjoy your new & improved life.
          No one can make you drink again, always remember that

Congrats again!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

6 month update

Starfairy, Congratulations On Your 6 Month Anniversary!

Comment

6 month update

I just love this kinds of threads............way to go SF!!! Keep on the track, you've fought the fight and made it past the worst of it. Dont give in now

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1913658=6929-attachment.jpg[/img]
              Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

6 month update

Wanted to add my congratulations!!!

Great job. So very happy for you. :goodjob:
                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

6 month update

that is awesome Star
                  I remember when you got your DUI and how terrified you were......
                  big hugs to you love!!
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

6 month update

Congrats Starfairy,

Being hangover, shame and guilt free is 100% more rewarding than a few hours of drinking.

Good for you!!!
                    new beginnings July 16, 2012

Comment

6 month update

Congratulations, Star Fairy! FF
                      . "It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; that which is essential, is invisible to the eye.". Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

6 month update

Congratulations on 6 months AF! Isn't it funny how many times we hear others admit to needing to "cut back" when we tell them we're not drinking ourselves? I think the problem is bigger than we know. I'm very proud of you!

Comment

6 month update

Starfairy that is brilliant, well done.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
                          X