90 Days AF Today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90 Days AF Today!

Today is my 90th day without a drink and I cant believe how different these 90 days have been compared to the AF periods I had a few years ago when I first joined MWO.

Back then I ticked off every single day as an achievement, relieved that I had managed to get through with my sobriety intact. Alcohol was very much at the front of my mind even though I wasnt drinking. During my longest AF spell I managed to achieve 120 days - I say "managed" because if truth be known I missed my 'best friend' and I felt deprived without it, that I was missing out....how could I possibly spend the rest of my life like that?

Now its very different - might sound corny but I really do feel free. I can if I want to but I really dont want to pour that first glass. The moans, groans & stresses of my life are still there and at times its hard dealing with them but it would have been anyway if I'd been drinking - having a drink just made it all so much worse.

I know I keep going on abt Jason Vale's book "Kick the Drink..Easily!" (I think Jason needs to put me on the payroll!!) but that really did it for me. Something clicked when I read it, it turned my whole drinking-thinking around and made me realise I wasnt missing out on anything and there was nothing to give up.

So, for any people reading this who dont want to post but who are struggling to get on the AF path, I would definitely recommend you read this book. It CAN change your life.

Also would like to say a massive thank you to MWO - & to PlantJanet for starting the 30day thread on Need Help ASAP which has been "home" for me during these 90 days. Our journey started pretty much at the same time & its been such a support even if its just a quick checkin each day, catching up with Janet, Sausage, Ishy & anyone else who pops in. Thanks guys.

xxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

90 Days AF Today!

Well done Janice 90 days free from alcohol is great, keep moving forward.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

90 Days AF Today!

Congratulations on 90 days AF, Janice. A wonderful achievement.

J x
      :l
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

90 Days AF Today!

Fantastic stuff Janice.

Keep it going!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

90 Days AF Today!

It is a great feeling to be at that point of not wanting to drink. I'm almost there, but not quite solid with it yet.
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

90 Days AF Today!

Great news.........that might as well be a lifetime for people like us. Keep it up, make it another 90

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1914237=6929-attachment.jpg[/img]
            Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

90 Days AF Today!

ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

90 Days AF Today!

Well done on hitting 90 Days, it's sounds like you also have changed your view about AL with he help of Jason Vale's book, i think it's much the same as Allen carrs book "easy way" ? i could be wrong , but also a good book to read, it helped me.
                AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

90 Days AF Today!

Congratulations Janice. Good to hear how life can be down the road. Well done!
                  You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

90 Days AF Today!

Congratulations Janice! Well done!

Comment

90 Days AF Today!

FREEDOM not deprivation.I love that.

Congratulations Janice and thank you for helping me.
                      Hugs to you!
                      Ishy

Comment

90 Days AF Today!

Congrats on your ninety af days Janice!

I relate completely with you. I have tried to quit before this quit and the longest I have made is around 6 wks with a small slip and in those quits, AL was on my mind constantly and the weekends was really hard. This time around, although I had some rough parts and stuff, this quit has been different. Every weekend is no longer a battle and I felt so ready for this quit. I knew that this quit was the quit for me and I am now at 14 moths af. Heck I nearly forgot June's anniversary and in July, I forgot about my 14th month anniversary. As easy as it is these days I always remind myself why I quit and have tools that I put to use when I need them. Keep up the good work!
                        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

90 Days AF Today!

Congrats on 90 days! YAY!
                          February 27th, 2013. A New , Successful Start. :h

When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top!!

Comment

90 Days AF Today!

Hi Janice,

Congratulations on your 90 days AF.

You are amazing.

Luv Flossie xx
                            Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Comment

90 Days AF Today!

Well Done!! If you were in the NN you'd be getting 3 hats today!! So proud of you, it's not easy but so worth it. XO, Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                              X