One Step at a Time - August 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mama, I completely understand that you friends post all kinds of things just to get through difficult work days. Go for it!
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

OK....I can be a bit goofy at times, but I never mean to offend!!!
      just tell me to shut up if you need to!!!
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Good morning everbody. Getting ready to go to a family wedding in Scotland this weekend. I would have dreaded this a few months ago with all the drinking that will be going on, but I feel ok about it and not too worried about slipping. I have my 60 days, and don't want spoil it, so it is quite an incentive to stay sober.

Comment

GM sweet Paula
          a wedding in Scotland......sound so romantic!! You will be fine, I am sure

I get to prepare for a hurricane that may hit the state...plus try to decide if I am having a party for Clay's birthday

Comment

Morning All!

Mama - I heard about that hurricane, I hope it goes around you! I can't even imagine weather like that. Do you know how BORING it is in California? 75 and sunny, day in and day out. Guess I shouldn't complain, but I'd like some rain now and then at least!

Paula - I hope you have a great time at the wedding! You sound good and I'm sure you'll be fine staying AF.

Nora - How are you today? What are you crocheting these days? What book are you reading? What's your blood type? LOL

Ok...back to pretending to work.

K9
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hi all....I've been running non-stop since I got to work this morning.

Thank you all for the gentle slap up side of the head yesterday. I really needed it. Back on the antabuse. My problem is staying on it. So, here we go.

K9 - you made me laugh. Afghan, Prince of Tides and I don't know. :H

Back to work. :l
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

not crocheting anything, Gaes of Thrones and O positive
                been bonkers here today too
                I am running around getting storm drinas cleared and gathering bids on sumps pumps
                oh...and I had lunch with a cute, but married contractor...hehehehehehehehehe
                Proud of yiou Nora...I know you are sick of hearing it, but life is better sober....
                after you finsh the book, watch the movie...it's powerful
                okl....off to get ready for a conference call...I put the phone on mute and play "Angry Birds"

Comment

If the antabuse is the answer, Nora, it's so much better than the alternative, yes being sober is good. When I was drinking you were such a source of inspiration to me, always kind, non judgemental, treat yourself kindly. Hope everyone has a good weekend. I will be back on monday. Thank you all for your good wishes.

Comment

Have fun Paula. Love you!!!!!
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Have fun!!
                      now I have to have a conference call with an attorney and baby Momma tomorrow....good lord!!
                      but the attorney will rip her to shreads!

Comment

Can't believe you are still dealing with Baby Momma!
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

me neither!

Comment

Sounds like today is a better day Nora. Mama, sorry you still have to deal with that pain in the ass. It's always the PIA that's like the gift that keeps on giving unfortunately.
                            2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Hi guys - hope all is well- I've been reading but not posting-hope all is well with everyone. I plan to stop drinking for 30 days starting September 1st. I have a part -time job then come home and start drinking at 5 pm- we have a pool which makes it more alluring-I gotta get out of that habit.
                              Love to all of you -
                              Fluff :h
                              It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Hi Friends,
                                Nora, I am so relieved that you are not angry about my critical thoughts. You have won a battle when you refrain from defending routes that lead toward alcohol.

Paula, have fun! We will also be away this weekend, visiting my MIL. It is her birthday, 87 I think. She is frail, but thankfully still with us. BIL is here, will be completing the 6 hour drive with us.

Take care, everyone.
                                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
                                X