One Step at a Time - August 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry Mama! I didn't mean to add more frustration to an already very frustrating situation! :upset: I ~ we've been through so much with our own kids & seem to have made it to the other side ( Gawd we hope ) that maybe I've forgotten. Or at least I'm trying to & often I've learned, still learning to hand things over. Also ours being older, I'm letting them figure it out more now....! I'm getting to old & too tired for it!.... Believe me hubs & I have had our share of arguments about our kids & plenty of other things. :l "If any of this were easy, it wouldn't be hard" Yet, the rewards are going to be worth it, so I've been told!.....

Believe me, I'm not entirely happy with our youngest girls decision! She now wants to go into Health Care Mgmt. Is going to take Spanish, as she knows no matter what she ends up doing, this will boost her career. But she's taking a back seat to bf's goals now. I have very deep personal issues with this, so not happy! I raised her diff too! But, like I said she will be 25 soon & it's not my decision.

So, she texts me this a couple days ago. "What happened, has happened & couldn't have happened any other way" Well, I suppose it just depends on how I look at it & ea situation.

Anyway, I said I was taking a step back, as I'm spending too much time here, but just wanted to say sorry, then I start blabbing.

Take Care :h

Comment

Wildflowers - I have to agree that it's hard to deal with our kids. But, you are right. There comes a point where you have to start letting go somewhat. I still battle with that all the time.
      Sorry that you feel like you need to back away. I know what you mean though. Sometimes, we do have a tendency to spend too much time on here. I hope that you'll keep dropping in though. I love talking to you.

Paula - glad that you had a good time with the kids and now they're gone. I've reached that point too. Love to have them but really nice to give hugs & kisses and say see you next time. :H

Ok - back to work for me. :wavin:
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

no frustration received here WF...carzy, busy Friday here....will check in when I get home
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Thanks Nora,

I will some times. It's nice here & I enjoy all of you!

I just have to let go, stop trying to control outcomes, but still offer guidance. My oldest one now who is 27, says to me, Mom you were right about so many things. So, when she's in a pickle & starts arguing. I listen, keep my mouth shut for a while. Then I remind her member when. Done from a stance of friendship, not Mom, or big ego. At least I try....

Anyway, I do see rewards along the way, there have been many of them too!... Life is full of trials & rewards!....

Off to the store. Wishing you all a good day! :h

Comment

OMG....it's Friday night and I SO want a beer... not gonna, but jeez

Comment

Or a bee!
              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Sunbeam;1362584 wrote: Or a bee!
                :H:H:H:H
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Mama - I'm sorry. I know how you feel. You are so strong and have been doing great. :goodjob:

Love you sweetie. :h
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hey Mama, I also hope that you pulled through the evening ok. You really are a strong woman. Perhaps the drinking thinking is related to the stress with your son,eh?
                    I had a drinking thought when I got home this afternoon, but it passed. I even got off my butt better. I think I was down to three teacups of coffee today, usually two is my limit. One reason for my drinking has been that I'm tired and don't really want to do anything. Now I drink coffee or take a nap.

Paula and Nora, yes, resolve is the word. It really is hard to know where or how to get it, but when it arrives it's great energy. Nora, I think the spiritual, reflective, meditative piece was the last to kick in for me. Have you looked at the meditation thread under holistic healing?

Ok, nitety night all.
                    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

no beer here..........I think it was
                      1. Friday
                      2. pre season football game for Jacksonville Jaguars and alot of peeps I know where going
                      3, I felt left out. You should have seen the lines of people buying beer
                      4. Hubs was out with college buddy and I could have "snuck" one in
                      5. I am bored in the evenings. Too tired to do more that cook dinner and then I flop and read
                      BUT I DIDN'T DO IT
                      and now I have woken up with a head cold.......lovely
                      off to find the coffee pot and some claritin
                      maybe I will treat my self to some new nails....

Comment

Great job, Mama!! Really great. I wanted to call you last night or text but scared I would wake you up. Sorry about the head cold. Scott has been dealing with it for the past couple of weeks. Miserable.

Sun - thanks for telling me about that thread. I haven't looked at it but I will. I was talking to my therapist this morning along those lines. That I need to understand this is it. But, when I go to AA meetings and see the same people that have been going there for 10-20 years, saying the same things, it sort of brings me down. Don't know how to explain it. That - yes, I can certainly appreciate it's usefulness, etc. But, that I was hoping that I would reach a point where it was something that I had to work so hard at. That it would become just the way it is and I wouldn't need to attend 3 or 4 meetings a week. I know that I'm not making sense. But, I'm still trying to work it out in my head. Anyway, I will definitely check out that meditation thread.

Went to my therapist and then hubby & I went for a picnic in the park. Nice time but it's one of his bad pain days plus his cold and my leg hurting. So, we didn't stay more than an hour. But, it's nice to do something together.

Hope everyone is having a great day.:h
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

checking in
                          coughing and sneezing and feeling run down
                          Bret is sick too and is SUCH a baby :-)

Comment

but I DID go get some french nails!

Comment

Hi Mama, I'm glad you were the winner in last night's battle. Of course you ARE a winner.

Nora, I also changed the message to myself, from I won't drink to I don't want to drink. I really don't, but I hadn't been wording it that way. For example, I was posting on DGs I won't drink today thread. I used to sing a little song, I ain't gonna drink no more. But the subtext was that I still wanted to drink. It might help you if you keep working on those words you just wrote. I often don't know exactly what I think until I write it down.

Today I also took a pleasant outing with hubby, a ride on a train built in 1947. They run it about once a month, in connection with a train museum.

Comment

Mama - sorry you're sick. YAHOO for the French Nails.

Hot here again today. These are the times that it would be nice to have air conditioning. :H:H
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X