Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - August 2012

Hi Tony!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great to see you.

I'll tell Fen that you miss her & the Taco Truck. I miss her too.

Has anyone talked to Coco lately?

Paula - great to see you too. :l
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Not a word from Coco
      maybe she is doing well on her sober path!!
      Hugs to fen too
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Oh GAWD
        I just had to have a conversation with a resident that they make too much noise during sex and they need to move their headboard away from the wall

Comment

mama bear;1363588 wrote: Oh GAWD
          I just had to have a conversation with a resident that they make too much noise during sex and they need to move their headboard away from the wall
          :H:H:H:H
          Tell them to try a gag.
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

you freaky girl
            can you imagine having that conversation with a stranger??
            and a grown up at that??

Comment

Want to know what's really funny? I mentioned it at work here. My coworker said that she wished that someone had had that conversation with her neighbors yesterday. :H:H:H
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all,

I am jealous with your community !! . Lol
                How lovely you are here with this thread ??
                Dix
                A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

Gee Mama,

Your conversation with the resident doesn't make me miss apartment living. It's always something. I now live in a commercial area where my two neighbors are businesses and I don't miss at all the noisy neighbors and all night parties. I guess these days consideration for others is a lost art, sad you have to have a conversation like that with an adult tenant.

Hope everyone is having a really good day.
                  2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Hi all,
                    Boy, this place is a week day traffic center. Not so much on weekends.

Mama, I hope that cold runs its course soon. I can hear those elephant noises way up here. But not the apartment noises. Never a dull moment, eh?

Paula, I finally finished Pride and Prejudice. Well, skimmed the last 30% at least. It was silly and trivial. How did it ever get to be a classic? I also finished The Secret Garden, and ordered the other popular book this author wrote, The House at Riverton. I will be also soon receiving The Art of Racing in the Rain, which several here have mentioned.

My brother will be visiting this week. Problem is, he never tells me exactly what day he is coming. If he gives me a date, he often comes a day later, and doesn't call to say he will be delayed. But people do what they do, regardless. And he is my brother, so he will be welcomed. We have an Asian Chicken salad and sandwich makings in the refrigerator, for whenever he does arrive. I will work tomorrow, am off as usual Weds, and have requested Thursday off, so I will spend some time with him. Our sister also lives in this area, so we will get together with her. Hubby will stay home and do his own things.

Nora, it sounds like you are taking some mental steps, that is great.
                    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Whew - finally home. Long day at work today. But, I would rather it be like this and take the weekends off anyway.

Scott is still feeling miserable with his cold. Really sorry for you Mama since you're so sick too.

Dixon - good to see you here. Yep - we get a little crazy sometimes. :H

Allswell - how are you doing? You sound good! We used to live in an apartment and I didn't like the noise. Hubby told me a story about when he was living in an apartment with his parents and the neighbors must have been too loud (sex). His Mom yelled out the window to them to be quiet...that they could hear them down here. (I guess the woman laughed )

Sun - I loved the book 'The Art of Racing in the Rain'. I hope that you enjoy it. I just started reading 'The Prince of Tides' and someone just loaned me 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo'. Enjoy your brother whenever he arrives. Thanks for all your advice regarding the mental aspect of all of this. I am not there yet but I'm really trying to change my thoughts on this whole subject. :h

Well - think I'm going to read for a bit. Be back later. :l
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora, the Dragon Tatoo books are some of the best I have ever read. You WILL HAVE to read all three.
                        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I saw one of the Dragon movies and thought it was horrible.....guess I need to re-think that one
                          The Prince Of Tides is fabulous. I downloded "Gone Girl" based on some recommendations from here'
                          Nora.....I think it's ALL mental babe. Don't mean to trivialize, but it is...once we get past the physical part.
                          Like this morning....I feel crappy and tired. Hubs kept me up half the night coughing. I woke up pissy and decided I was going to have a good day...no matter what. We can wallow in life or grab it by the horns and ROCK IT..................with NO BOOZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          ok...enuf Dr Phil from me
                          off to find coffee and then to the makeup mirror to paint on my happy face
                          I love you all to bits

Comment

ok...forget my motivational speech.......
                            I feel like crap and don't wanna be here...
                            :-)

Comment

Morning Steppers!!!

Mama - I do ty very hard to live positively and be optimistic. I love your line that we wallow in it or ROCK IT. I prefer to rock it. :l (PS - I see that you hit 30 days again!!! Way to go :h)

Sun - Thanks about the Dragon book tip. I was hoping that it was good.

Ok - my motivational speech now:
                              I don't want to be here at work either. :H:H:H
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I don't want to be at work either!!!! Let's all leave! :H

So you guys know how I was trying to get a job at the Jail? (Which I still haven't heard about, but I DID pass the test)...well a job at the Library opened up and I applied for that one too. Now that's a wide spectrum...either working in the jail or the library. LOL I don't know how I'd do in the library, I am way too loud sometimes...which brings me to a question for Mama, how did your tenants take the news that they need to tone down their nocturnal activities? LOL

Jeez, I remember back in my heyday I would have been the cause of the complaints...but now....I don't think it's possible to READ too loud is it? HAHA

Ok...I'm gonna pretend to work for a while then I'll be back.

Love ya peeps!
                                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                                X