One Step at a Time - August 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K9...one of my residents crochets the cutest earrings....I am going to buy a few pairs
    Nora- my dear friend - thanks for the sweet text. I am fine today.....I saw a FB book about someone "sucking the life" out of you and I laughed and thougt of us....I will see if I can find
    today is Friday and payday...yeah!!
    it means so mcuh to me that you all care so much, and Dixon......that is of the reasons I have stayed on the sober wagon for a short while.....because of the support and love I get here that I don't get elsewhere in my life.
    bacinabit...coffee beckons
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

oh...and I guess I better dig my nurse costume out of ther closet...Gawd knows what will happen today!

Comment

Good morning all,

Mama I hope you have a drama free Friday to ease into the weekend. Even though I've had better weeks it still flew by and next week is a mini-vacation. Can't wait to pack up and get out of here. Hope everyone has a great day and a really relaxing weekend!
        2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

where ya goin??

Comment

Morning everyone!!

Alls - where are you going? How fun!!! I hope that you have a wonderful time.

Mama - have a nice, relaxing day today. :l

Got to get to work. I'll be back..............
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Mama - I am hoping you have a nice boring day at work with no medical emergencies or tenants that can't keep their rambuctious nocturnal activies down to a roar.

I'm ready to get the hell out of here and it's not even 9am. I requested Monday off, but got denied. Apparently my boss is going to a long meeting so I "need" to be here. I am bummed too because I was planning to go with my sister and all the kids to the water park. I never get to do anything...wah wah wah. I'm tired of working, I tell ya! Where the hell is Mr. Rich? (screw Right, I just need rich) LOL
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

same here K9...
                if you "screw" Rich, he could turn into "Right", right?

Comment

Going to a place called Clingmans Dome in the Smokies. I'm running an ultra in elevation soon and that is the highest point (6300 feet) closest to me in the midwest so I'm going to acclimate. Also going to take in some of the Appalachian Trail.

Hope your day goes as quickly and painlessly as possible K9.
                  2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Allswell....you GO girl!!
                    no psychos at work....yet

Comment

Hi folks, spent the day shopping and then visited an old lady, who had a load of drugs that she had collected over the past couple of years, I said I would take them into the pharmacy for her. She had a cupboard full of heart pills and painkillers, I couldn't believe that she had been allowed to collect so many, they were all prescription drugs. She said that she had thought of putting them down the
                      drain! Looking forward to a nice warm weekend, the weather forecast is good.

Comment

Alls - wow! What a great trip. You are amazing.

Paula - Glad that you got to the meds before she put them down the drain. We always take them to our local sherriff station. I'm so glad that you're going to have a nice weekend. :l

K9 & Mama - I'm with you. I'll take Mr. Rich. I'm sorry that you can't get the day off K9. I am having one of those days of too.

You know that HALTS is really true for me. I'm not wanting to drink now. But, I'm feeling really tired and stressed. That would definitely have been one of my triggers. I'm glad that I can see it for what it is. Realize that I need some sleep and move on. So, after work, I'm having a nap.

YAHOO - LUNCH TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Friends, the brother is gone and I need to spend some time outside digging in the dirt. He is my brother, but our sister has mental illness issues, and the time together is always stressful. I am drinking COFFEE. Probably I'm tired and need a nap, but I'm too wound up.

Alls, we spent a week last fall in Shenandoah National Park, a ways north from where you will be but still a beautiful part of the world. I have an agenda to see as many national parks as I can while I'm able.

Mama, I am grateful for you that it is nearly the weekend. My boss is irritating, but my job overall is not terribly stressful. Certainly nothing like you've experienced this week.

Nora, good for you recognizing your triggers. That is certainly a good step.

K9, I haven't read any books by the author I mentioned yesterday whose list of favorite dog books was printed in Readers' Digest. I looked at some of his books and will order a couple soon. I often don't enjoy reading lots of books by the same author, because they usually fall into a predictable formula. I stopped reading Steven King after a real-life horror occurred in the house next door to us over 20 years ago.

Paula, sending good thoughts to you. I walked pretty well in the outings with my siblings the past two days. Some days aren't so good, you understand. I can't stand up straight because of my scoliosis, and I have lumbar spinal stenosis at the base of my spinal fusion, making my left leg weak and tight.

OK, on to the outdoors!

We probably will attend an outdoor concert in our village park tonight. It should be quite pleasant and relaxing.
                          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hi Nora, the stress will soon go, great not to want to drink. Sun, I feel for you, the pain must be awful. I have started to take my pm. painkillers as late as poss. so that I sleep through the night. I hate having to take pain relief, but no thoughts of drinking, for which I thank god, and the support of my wonderful friends on this site. I'm amazed that I have gone 8 weeks without drinking, for which I thank god and the wonderful support of my friends on this site. I feel so different in spite of the tragedies that have come my way, this time last year I would have just drank my way through them, but now I feel differently, and so grateful, and fully intend to remain vigillant. So to anybody who is struggling I would say just keep on trying, and if you really want sobriety you will get it.

Comment

Good morning everyone. It's a beautiful day here. Hope you all have a good weekend.

Comment

good morning sweetirs
                                Hubs is still snoring and I just got my first cup of coffee
                                I had a cook out at work last night, so I didn;t get in till late. We had a fairy good turn out.
                                AND EVFERYONE BOUGHT BEER. I was not expecting that. Ihave to admit it tortured me. It reall did.
                                But I knew the results would be bad, hubs would be mad, and I would feel like crap this morning.
                                So I, very grumpily, set out all the food. wah, wah...POOR ME
                                when does this get easy???
                                anyhoo...the food was great.....I will try to gather the recipes for ya'll....ranch, cream cheese potato casserole, home made mac n cheese, pineapple upside cake, yellow cake with whip cream frosting and bluberries and strawberrie to look like a flag......'all kinds of hot dogs
                                Poor Melvin was there (the one fresh out of the hospital....he followed me like a puppy and told me how beautiful i was and that he couldn;t believe I was 51 like him
                                ok...coffee just dinged. I have a pile of laundry taller than me......ugh.

Comment

Working...
                                X