Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone remember me? Good news story

Thanks for sharing this wonderful news.

I remember you when I first starting my quitting journey in 2008. I have been "trying" since then to quit but it never lasted more than 4 months. I am now reaching 30 days for the last time and it's like something clicked in my brain. Maybe it's the recovery switch and I now know I need to do more than just stop drinking, I need to heal.

I look forward to reading your book. Congrats!
    new beginnings July 16, 2012

Comment

Just had to jump in and say hi Kim. I don't know you but just finished reading this thread and will be checking out your profile link to your website. I think it's great you came back to say hi and never thought for a moment you were trying to promote.

Comment

Hey,

More great news! Well done ItsMyTime. There is a kind of 'clicking point' with recovery - and you're right, it comes when you realise you need to do the rest of the work and start doing it. It's telling how many of us go through the same things, make the same mistakes. But I'm so glad to hear your news.

Thanks Porqoui - very glad to meet you. If you have any questions you think I might be able to help with, ask away. As I said, we all seem to go through similar trials and tribulations on the path to getting recovery for good. Hope you find the stuff on the website useful
        Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

I'll be having a look too

I've quit.. but what Nelz said, I'm in a similar place although its getting better with time

I've tried AA for recovery but so far all it has achieved is misery and a pissed off pingu

So I'm always on the look out for alternatives !!!
          I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Oh, no-one wants a pissed-off penguin!

Let me know if it helps. I'm in a video-making mood at the moment, so if there are common things that people tend to email me about or want to know, I'll tend to make a video about it for Youtube, which is kind of fun - once I'd got over the horror of hearing my own voice on tape. Bit of a London twang!

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Kimberly, great for you and I am so glad you turned your struggle into a passion. What a way to find the silver lining in the clouds.

As far as promoting....it's totally the opposite, I think you are being an immense help.

Desperados, I'm sorry, but I get really upset when people think that they are entitled to get something for nothing. Don't you realize that it takes a lot of effort and sweat and investment to write a book? Why should it be given away????? It amazes me that some people will think nothing of spending 6.99, and more, on booze, but then complain when they have to spend the same amount on a book that might help them.

I find it offensive not only to Kimberly, but to all of us out here that work hard and rely a capitalist system to pay our own bills. I have never before posted something negative here, but I just could not let this one go.

Can't wait to BUY your book!!!!

Comment

I'm off on hols, was hoping I could get your book as an ebook but sadly not so it will have to wait until I get back.
                Pissed off purple penguins are not good, but I;m a lot less pissed off than I was a few weeks and months back LOL
                I think the person who said you were self promoting obviously has a big chip somewhere between neck and arm?!? Good luck to ya, I'll certainly have a look when I have more time. The way I see it, the more I read, the easier it becomes?? Especially as aa have turned out to be a bunch of self obsessed twots who don't want to know unless I admit powerlessness, worthlessness and a terminal shitbag!!!!
                I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

Comment

Ah, thank you Peace - that's the way I see it too. My whole screwed up past has finally been given some meaning, because I can now help others.

As a thank you to all my MWO friends, anyone who buys the book can have the second one free as a PDF. The first book is really about the fundamentals of stopping drinking/drugging for good and starting to find recovery.

The second book is a natural progression and moves on to how to change your thinking in much more depth, so that you're really happy in recovery. It's going to be called 'The Happy Addict'. I'm not releasing it until next year probably, so it's still in the editing stages, but it's almost finished.

I've only let a few people have a look at the manuscript, and I only want to do this for MWOers as a thank you for your support over the years, so it'll still be top secret between us! But if anyone's bought the first book and wants the second one, drop me a PM with your email address and I'll scoot it over.

B x

Recovery Videos

Comment

Haha Pingu, I'm defintiely sending you the second book when you get back then! You'll really like it. I don't go in for self-flagellation either

Recovery Videos

Comment

Kimberley;1363173 wrote: Haha Pingu, I'm defintiely sending you the second book when you get back then! You'll really like it. I don't go in for self-flagellation either
                      sounds fab!
                      thanks!

I'll buy the first one when I get home and have a read

Comment

Kimberly, I'm SO HAPPY FOR YOU! Look at you living a life of purpose and meaning, that clearly makes you happy! Thank you for coming back here and sharing your news. I can't wait to read your book and also your articles on Huff post!

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Kimberly - I remember you well! Bloody good for you! I am so pleased to hear of your success with sobriety and all that follows.....
                          Can't wait to read your book - will be ordering tonight....
                          IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                          Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

(((DG))) (((Daisy))) Thanks so much. I am cleaning up the manuscript of the second book now! Typical addict, eh? I couldn't just write one book!

Recovery Videos

Comment

book ordered - no guesses what we'll all be reading next week! I think my new addiction is reading books on it!
                              IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                              Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Cool, thanks - enjoy! And remember when you've finished it to PM me your email address and I'll send the second one over on PDF. I'm just putting the final touches on it so it should be PDF-ready by next week

B x

Recovery Videos

Comment

Working...
                                X