Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone remember me? Good news story

Thank you Nora and WildFlowers

And thank you, too, Fluff - that's lovely of you. I know you're a cynic (haha so am I, generally!), but I do know this will help people, which is why I did it. I DON'T get much of the price-tag by the way. Blinkin Amazon, lol!! But that doesn't matter as much as the fact that I might have helped other people. I think everyone here that knows me knows I'm deeply genuine in that.

B x
    Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

such happy, happy news Kimberly!!!
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Congratulations Beth/Kim - what a terrific MWO success story!

I've been checking out your site and blog and your posts here and that Huff Post article really spoke to me so I've just ordered the book on Book Depository despite *swearing* once again I'd not order any more til I'd read through the huge stack by my bed - my new addiction. I will PM you re the 2nd book - thanks!

As for the 'cheap promo' jibe, I could understand that more if someone were to come here *only* to spam flog their book with no other connection to the community but that is CLEARLY not the case.

Look forward to the read and please do keep posting when you can.

Lilly

Comment

According to FedEx I'll be getting my copy today. Can't wait to open it!
          2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Hey mama - looking smokin' in your photo if I may say so! Gosh!

Molly, hope you had a fab birthday -thanks for your support!

Lilly, glad you liked the articles - I've just sent you the second book via email

Allswell, thanks! And remember to PM me with your email if you want me to send you a copy of the second book, too. Pressie for MWOers!

B x

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Hubbie told me that my book has arrived! I can't wait to get home to read it.
              Thank you Beth. :l:l:l
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Just want to say that, having ordered the book, Beth kindly sent me the free PDF of her second book and I was too impatient to wait for the first to arrive so I read a couple of chapters of it last night and a bit more today and, WOW, it really resonates with me and the writing is so clear and powerful and inspiring. I am really excited to receive the book. Cheap at the price - hell, less than a single cocktail guys

Interestingly, the concepts are things I've been working on with my therapist, who uses ACT therapy (Action Commitment Therapy), around values and mindfulness etc. I have been reading another book based on these principles (The Happiness Trap), but it's great to see them related directly to recovery from addiction.

Comment

Awesome, thanks. So glad you're enjoying it

Recovery Videos

Comment

something is watching me, guiding me, i loged on after randomlt=y noticin a email for mwo, i got into reading up old posts, i spent ages goin over an understanding the posts you wrote,ii did et on yahoo groub dbt i couldnt take in all the thouht involved cos i was drinkin r white knuckling, but the emails have come through regardless an ive read a lot of them but not worked on it, i ve and ive looked an known i should b doing it, took rehab an a amazing councilor in the rehab to point me an keep steering me in the right way but im 7 mths sober and im not hanging on to a rollercoaster, im enjoying discovering, i wrote a long message an computer logged of an lost it, i cried with happiness an pride reading your sucess, thank you for helpin me to know things can get better xxxxxx
                    if you always do what you have always done you will always get what you have always got!

Comment

Hi Kimberley..didnt know you..in fact just recently joined...but what you say makes real sense ..its that difference between I cant,but wish I could and I can but choose not to thats the key

Well done..
                      regards Mick
                      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Thanks guys. And yes DBT is amazing. If you can learn to deal with life properly, that's where recovery is. DBT is an amazing tool that helped me to do that and to live effectively. x

Recovery Videos

Comment

Kimberley;1413480 wrote: Thanks guys. And yes DBT is amazing. If you can learn to deal with life properly, that's where recovery is. DBT is an amazing tool that helped me to do that and to live effectively. x
                          Hi Kimberly! We recently had a lecture at school about DBT by a woman who specializes in that therapy. It was just an overview but it certainly interested me in learning more! And now you have added to my interest.

I have not had a chance to read your book yet! But it is on my desk waiting for me to finish this blasted semester!

DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Kimberly! I'm glad this got bumped up. I consider you a true MWO success story and was very happy not just about your book, but by your healthy sobriety! Well done you.

I'm sorry about the negative comments, I don't understand but always remember someone thought your sobrietyand your positive mentality was so significant they published your book!!!!!
                            Enlightened by MWO

Comment

beth

can you tell me where I could buy this in Australia? Or do you have it as an ebook?

Comment

DG, DBT includes stuff like Mindfulness as well - I'm sure the lecturer mentioned that. Mindfulness is increasingly being used in addiction services - I really think addicts would benefit from the whole lot of tools that DBT has to offer though. Did I send you the second book? I can't remember. The first one is the basics, which you clearly have covered! The secind one is more DBT, Coaching, NLP type stuff.

Thanks SKendall and Maddie you can get the book off Amazon.com either as an actual book or as a Kindle Book. If you're a member of Amazon Prime, you can borrow the Kindle version for FREE as well. You don't even need an actual Kindle for the Kindle book - you can download a Kindle 'reader' to your computer free from Amazon.

Recovery Videos

Comment

Working...
                                X