Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aming to spend the rest of life in social works.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all,
    I think my positive thoughts are retrieving back.
    One of my previous goal was to be a successful businessman carrying out some social activities.

I would like to use my gratified state of mind to achieve my goal.
    I am now looking for an organisation who could offer me a platform to carry out a research in any part of social concerns.Though it is a different forum topic here, I still deserve that people here are from different disciplines and have wide range of experiences.People I see are almost all some kind of intellectual Property.
    Now,we are just dominated my our habit.I would like to say we are very good people with bad habit.It is just a shadow of our life.Once we conquer our bad habit,we are really a constructive man than an average person.
    Now,what I am looking for is your advises on how and where I could get a scholarship to do some researches on the problem createdby human beings.And would like to deliver my expertise to the society in different way my be being a teacher,politician,social worker or any .Regarding my qualification,I have a MBA degree and decades of business and social works experiences.
    My part of interest is my own problem like ,
    1.Addiction related subjects.
    2.Domestic violence.
    3.Children at risk.
    Or any idea please.
    Thanks for your inputs.
    I will google too for further information.
    Dix
    A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Anyone has anyidea please ?.If I keep busy with this works I won't get any relapse and enjoy my life as well.
    Selfish thought too..lol !
    Dix

Comment

Hi Dixon,

This is an excellent an honourable path you speak of. Can you volunteer with an organisation that works with people in these areas? This would be great experience for you and you will make good connections.

Best wishes friend. Keep it going.

G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good for you Dixon....I have considered going into some sort of field to help people with addiction. It would be very rewarding to help people fight/beat their battles.

I think the volunteer idea is a great way to start........ya know, see what an avg day is like, what qualifications you need.

Good luck, I hope you find happiness and success in your future career choice
        Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Hi Dixon,

As you might or might not know sobriety has also pushed me towards a career path change. I find a lot of enjoyment in helping and coaching others, (adults and children) towards their athletic, health and wellness and sobriety goals. I am currently training to become a fitness trainer, I am working a a sobriety coach, and I currently coach youth sports. I realized that I am not really looking for chaotic situations that social work and working with addicts could pose, so I decided to do work with people who are ready to accept help and are actively looking to better their lives... and trying to get kids pointed in the right direction so they never have to worry about substance abuse to begin with. Basically trying to take a proactive approach and help kids before they ever need help. Basically I look at it as risk management. My main issue will be whether I can make it sustainable as compared to my current professional sales career. Only time and experience will tell, but I do know that coaching and helping others is very rewarding as far as my happiness is concerned.

Comment

Guitarista;1363301 wrote: Hi Dixon,

This is an excellent an honourable path you speak of. Can you volunteer with an organisation that works with people in these areas? This would be great experience for you and you will make good connections.

Best wishes friend. Keep it going.

G-bloke.
            I agree. Volunteering will not only help you with experience but it can help you put your foot in the door and help you reach your goal. Also it can be a real resume builder.

I volunteer at an animal shelter and if I didn't start to work there as a VA interner, I would not be where I am today (career wise) with going for the Humane Officer degree and grad. in May.
            I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Drifty,Nelz,Guitarista,Superscrew an all here,

Thanks for all the suggestions you made here !!
              I have tried to be connected with some volunteer works here in London so cant mange the time as my work is not fixed .Employer may ask overtime anytime can cut down or add up the job even in a week so been difficult . Anyway I will be free two days at least in a week but not sure which days ??
              I don't know how can I use these days for volunteering works ,everyone seeks confirmation of time.Now decided to donate small amount of money in a under developing country so that it can play a vital role to change someones life !!

I have chosen an NGO and a Rotery Club and discussing to set up account for scholarship for two lady initially to mark my 100 days.

Dix

Comment

Working...
              X