Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INTERESTING PARTY

Hi friends

My daughter got married last Wednesday, so my ex-spouse and his wife had a party for her and the new spouse. I went to my hometown for this, as I probably mentioned.
    After that it took me a while to sort ot out properly. Since I had 5 hours the next day to drive home I had plenty of time ti think about it.

At first I felt bad and depressed. It seemed that the ex and his wife and her kids (grown) all just have a peachy life and are so happy. My ex-husband's family (2 nieces) treated me like shit. All of the pix posted of the party do not have me in them, but with my daughter posing (requested) with everyone else. Also my ex brother in law was there with his new wife, so I couldn't help but think WOW-they each got rid of someone they had been married to for a long time and now are married to someone who makes them happy. ( In alcoholic thinking this means someone WORTHY )
    BUT the more I thought about it I realized that the 2 young adult daughters of the ex's wife were loud mouth boors, and the son who was there is a druggie stoner. So all is not perfect with that bunch.
    And though I was not treated like it AT ALL I am still her mother and noone can change that. So I went from sad to mad to acceptance of it all.

Amusing huh?

INTERESTING PARTY

Good on you Ann for turning that thinking around.....I know how you feel...
    Stand loud and proud - mum is always mum!
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

INTERESTING PARTY

Ann, be proud of yourself and your daughter, shame on the people who treated you badly.

Comment

INTERESTING PARTY

Hi Ann,

I didn't know the other night it was you. What a nice surprise that your twin Ann is as nice! Or I'm just dumb! LOL I love how you turned everything around into acceptance! You didn't drink over any of it! It really is great!... You are stronger than the beast!..

Yes, no one can change that you are her Mother & she will always need you!.... You did something good, as she is serving our country!... I'm grateful!.... I should have known what the Lincoln was, but have been lost for a few yrs in the abyss of the poison. So sorry about that.

Take Care

Comment

Working...
        X