Drinking is FUN! (*not*)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drinking is FUN! (*not*)

Welp, kiddies, just puked in my sink. Ain't that fun? Isn't that what all the 'cool kids' do?

On a happier note, after 18 months being unemployed w/no unemployment, I am starting a full time job in a couple of weeks. 50% pay cut, but I can't bitch about that.

Went to Michigan Rehabilitation Services today for a psych eval. Should get me back on the 5 meds I haven't received in 18 months.

Cautiously looking forward to the future...methinks if I can get back on my anti-depressants and Campral and Antabuse, I might just have a shot on getting my life back.

So glad this group is here...I have recommended it for friends and family since I stumbled on it a couple of years ago. You are all truly an inspiration, and your lack of judgement and kind words help me ?and many others? more than you could possibly know.

If I get back on my 'plan' (i.e. not being suicidally depressed and inebriated every day), I'll be visiting here more often. Again, thank you all for your words of wisdom, wit, humor, and benevolence. Hope to be on here more soon. :h

Your Biggest Fan,

Nichau
    "The Pessimist complains about the wind; the Optimist expects it to change; the Realist adjusts the sails."

—William A. Ward

Drinking is FUN! (*not*)

Nichau, so glad you are starting a new job soon, AND are back on your meds. You WILL get your life back. Hang in there. As for the pay cut, a lot of times one finds another job when they have a job, so don't discount that possibility. Keep on here and posting.

Comment

Drinking is FUN! (*not*)

Hi Nichau & :welcome: Back,

With the right plan you can get your life back!... As you are right, there comes a time when drinking isn't fun any more! Been on & off the teeter-totter myself, along with praying to the porcelain goddess more times than I can remember. Glad to be out of the hamster wheel. There are many good folks here who will help support & encourage you! Be kind & gentle to yourself! You deserve to be free from the poison, you are worth it!... You can do this!... :l

Comment

Drinking is FUN! (*not*)

Thanks all...:thanks:
        Also got a call from my Dr. who I call Captain Karl (to his face); he's a REALLY empathetic and funny guy...reminds me of Hawkeye Pierce, LOL. Turns out he actually WAS a Captain (or the equivalent of) in the Navy, so he doesn't mind.

Anyway, MI Rehab called the Doc because I hadn't been there in 2 years. Doc's office called me and asked if it was okay to release records to MI Rehab. I said yes. Doc's office then said that I had to be scheduled for a physical (I assume that means blood work for liver enzymes, too, so that should be telling) but it costs $175. I told them I didn't have a DIME to pay for anything, so they said that I wouldn't have to pay up-front (which is their policy), and that as long as I pay 10% a month on the bill, I was welcome to come in for a visit. Hooray! I miss my Captain! :l
        "The Pessimist complains about the wind; the Optimist expects it to change; the Realist adjusts the sails."

—William A. Ward

Comment

Drinking is FUN! (*not*)

Forgot to mention that Cap'n Karl is also reducing his fee for me! Whadda guy!

—William A. Ward

Comment

Drinking is FUN! (*not*)

Oh Nichau...my heart is breaking for you but I am happy at the same time
            Most doctors are great..........................I know mine is
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Drinking is FUN! (*not*)

Nich -

I'm so glad you have Cap'n Karl (WAY better than Cap'n Morgan...who I got to know TOO well in the past, but he WASN'T a nice guy!)

When I read your post yesterday, I could SO identify with puking in the sink, or wherever I could manage to make it. Usually by the middle of the "day after" I was running due to false alarms which were nothing more than dry heaves. Yep, drinking is SOOO much fun!!! NOT!

I'm glad you're doing better and that you have Cap'n Karl on your team. I have a great doctor too and it makes all the difference in the world. Keep up your good work and keep us posted!

K9
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Drinking is FUN! (*not*)

This is shortterm and like a painkiller,not a treatment for disease but a short term relief. Think what happens if you take painkiller for long time or overdosed with it ???
                That's I know!!!
                Dix
                A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

Working...
                X