Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army thread 16/08/2012

:hallo: Army

I share your pain, Zenners. One of our neighbours is redoing his bathrooms and adding an extension. The noise drives me batty. And I'm not even there most of the time.

Mama: we have quotas to fill. If the company doesn't comply, we're fined and we are also excluded from getting back credits for thinhs like expenditure on staff training and the like. The list goes on... In this instance, not a single white person made it onto the shortlist. Of the rest, 80% were black women. In my indusrty (IT), there is a shortage of skilled workers, especially female grads. It makes the search for good people quite hard. And yes, it discriminates horrendously - you're excluded from the word go if you don't meet the race / gender criteria.

Backinabit - school run.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army thread 16/08/2012

Yep... that is DEFO affirmative action. It's like the unions... the idea was solid to start with but it all got fecked up along the way.

Is that the neighbour that had the college kids renting?

Comment

Army thread 16/08/2012

LMAO!!! Naw... they gave it to you cos you had a degree and BRAINS! Double whammy.

I'm steam mopping. I've really started to dislike housework. I was out in the yard all weekend and made a huge dent. I could expend the same energy indoors and you wouldn't even notice. It's really very unrewarding.

Comment

Army thread 16/08/2012

mollyka;1365070 wrote: No degree Zenners -- bailed outta college back in the day -- a music diploma and a speech and drama one just don't count Now BRAINS - gawd, if you saw me muddling through that SHITE today you'd rethink that statement!
          I fucking HATE LOATHE ABHOR housework - with a vengeance - I get a clammy scalp just thinkin about it Achully, one of the hardest things bout having adult kids is that they have adult friends, so when they visit the gaff, it sort of has to be clean(ish) - Jamie doesn't notice yet tho so I'm not botherin this evening
          Adult males don't count. It's been proved they can't see dirt !!:H

Comment

Army thread 16/08/2012

Clammy scalp?!!! LMAO!!!

Thought you'd got a degree from that fancy skool you went to... (I have a degree, earned way late in the game though, so not bashing it loike!)

The housework is drastic, isn't it? Honestly... I can walk outside and admire a weekend's worth of graft. And indoors you can hardly see that I've been beavering away. Pisses me off!!!

Comment

Army thread 16/08/2012

Jesus Molls - whatcha making for the gang ? I struggle to feed two of us !!!
              You'll NEVER be rid of them if you keep feeding them - like Gremlins :H:H

Comment

Army thread 16/08/2012

satz123;1365072 wrote: Adult males don't count. It's been proved they can't see dirt !!:H
                Or was that placebos they were on?!

Comment

Army thread 16/08/2012

:waving: I'm baaaaaaaack

Had to go and collect she-cub from orchestra practice. Thank feck she's going to high school next year - it's 500m from our gate. Best of all: she actually laughed at a joke I made in the car on our way back. She usually thinks I'm a bit lame

Leftover curry for dinner but nowt for afters :upset:
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army thread 16/08/2012

tiptronic_ct;1365084 wrote: :waving: I'm baaaaaaaack

Had to go and collect she-cub from orchestra practice. Thank feck she's going to high school next year - it's 500m from our gate. Best of all: she actually laughed at a joke I made in the car on our way back. She usually thinks I'm a bit lame

Leftover curry for dinner but nowt for afters :upset:
                    That's her job to think you are lame

Comment

Army thread 16/08/2012

satz123;1365085 wrote: That's her job to think you are lame
                      Can't I fire her for doing it too well?
                      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army thread 16/08/2012

Eveninks my darlinks.

A proud Auntie braggitty brag moment to follow............

My nephew got his 'A' level results today.............drum roll please

Maths.....A, History A and Further Maths B.

Thank you for listening to the braggity brag broadcast brought to you from the JC house.
                        It could be worse, I could be filing.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army thread 16/08/2012

You need a different avvie, Benji - I keep mistaking you for Coco...
                          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army thread 16/08/2012

JackieClaire;1365087 wrote: Eveninks my darlinks.

A proud Auntie braggitty brag moment to follow............

My nephew got his 'A' level results today.............drum roll please

Maths.....A, History A and Further Maths B.

Thank you for listening to the braggity brag broadcast brought to you from the JC house.
                            :wavin: JC

:goodjob: to your nephew! What's the difference between A & O levels?
                            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army thread 16/08/2012

Actually - Satz can now get a double crown - she's a double senior now, I see.
                              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army thread 16/08/2012

tiptronic_ct;1365089 wrote: You need a different avvie, Benji - I keep mistaking you for Coco...
                                Yes - I had a bit of an issue - had to give up the crown & don't know what to replace it with.
                                LOVE LOVE LOVE Penguins :h

Comment

Working...
                                X