Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army thread 16/08/2012

tiptronic_ct;1365090 wrote: :wavin: JC

:goodjob: to your nephew! What's the difference between A & O levels?
    A is for advanced. O for ordinary except we don't have O levels any more they're GCSE's now. (General certificates in education)

GCSE's are taken at 16ish, A levels at 18ish in England, Northern Ireland and Wales.

They do something else in Scotland, where the fecks Zens when you need her.

Then after all these exams they go to University get massively in debt and a degree and work in Subway or BurgerKing for the rest of their natural lives. oooooooooooh errrr get me cynical and political.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army thread 16/08/2012

Naw... I have A's and O's. Maybe they've changed it since then though... after all I am heading into the endangered species territory at almost-50... prehistoric really. Sorry luvvies. ;o)

Reccy should have been home from safari by now. Hope he's not stuck in a major traffic jam.

Comment

Army thread 16/08/2012

Ach it's just that out of all the kids friends that have graduated there's only one doing a job in the degree he took. Accountancy.
        The rest are working in bars, call centres, anything they can lay their hands on.

Mind you there's one of the son and heir's friends (they both did Geography) teaching English in Vietnam. Gawd knows how he ended up with that. Sounds rather exotic though.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army thread 16/08/2012

mollyka;1365079 wrote:
          Jaysus Zen, I didn't go to a fancy school - 'twas more like the Magdelen laundries ffs!!
          You mean they spent all that money on your education for nowt?!!! :H

Who was the feller you had in your bed again? Was it one from AC/DC? My wet brain's playing up today!

Comment

Army thread 16/08/2012

tiptronic_ct;1365091 wrote: Actually - Satz can now get a double crown - she's a double senior now, I see.
            It will take me a while to reach that status...

Comment

Army thread 16/08/2012

JackieClaire;1365104 wrote: Ach it's just that out of all the kids friends that have graduated there's only one doing a job in the degree he took. Accountancy.
              The rest are working in bars, call centres, anything they can lay their hands on.

Mind you there's one of the son and heir's friends (they both did Geography) teaching English in Vietnam. Gawd knows how he ended up with that. Sounds rather exotic though.
              My neighbour over the road wot just sold his house... his daughter did the same thing. She just got back 2 weeks ago. She's wanting to head to Oz next... I'm so jealous!... I used to love globe trotting. But this steam mop is just great. Keeps me company when I'm indoors like.

Comment

Army thread 16/08/2012

Zenstyle;1365103 wrote: Naw... I have A's and O's. Maybe they've changed it since then though... after all I am heading into the endangered species territory at almost-50... prehistoric really. Sorry luvvies. ;o)

Reccy should have been home from safari by now. Hope he's not stuck in a major traffic jam.
                Here Molls & Jackser - that Scottish wan is calling us prehistoric :durn:

Comment

Army thread 16/08/2012

Firing up the Hunkmobile for us to go over there & knock her goodlookin' :H

Comment

Army thread 16/08/2012

Evening Army :l
                    The little one is extra hyper tonight.:upset: Hoping to feed him and get him to bed as early as possible. He was at camp all day while I was working...so you'd think he'd be worn out.
                    But NO. Dinner and then a good book in bed will be bliss! Early start again tomorrow but at least it's Friday!!!

Comment

Army thread 16/08/2012

satz123;1365109 wrote: Here Molls & Jackser - that Scottish wan is calling us prehistoric :durn:
                      satz123;1365111 wrote:
                      Firing up the Hunkmobile for us to go over there & knock her goodlookin' :H
                      Too late! My almost 50 status sez that you'd be wasting yer time trying to knock the looks back into me! Pfft.

Comment

Army thread 16/08/2012

expat3;1365119 wrote: Evening Army :l
                        The little one is extra hyper tonight.:upset: Hoping to feed him and get him to bed as early as possible. He was at camp all day while I was working...so you'd think he'd be worn out.
                        But NO. Dinner and then a good book in bed will be bliss! Early start again tomorrow but at least it's Friday!!!
                        I can send you my steam mop. Let him use that for an hour and I can assure you he'll be happy to go to bed.

Comment

Army thread 16/08/2012

Evening!

Have to start off with a little rant. I took piglet on an outing this afternoon and stopped off at the surgery on the way back to ask for an appointment to see my GP (I want/need to go back on the ADs). The earliest they could offer me was 17th Sept. I mean.....FFS!!!

Well done JC's nephew. I've recently been reading about and pondering the further education issue. Apparently the average student beginning university this autumn will leave with debts of ?53k. In the majority of cases (not all, I hasten to add), I don't think it's worth it. If I was 18 today, I'd get a job and start earning, rather than piling up the debt. Just MHO.

tiptronic_ct;1365086 wrote: Can't I fire her for doing it too well?
                          :H:H:H

Comment

Army thread 16/08/2012

Ooh it's was drugs time..........gawd I can move quick enough when they're being dangled under me nose.

2 x codeine, 2 x paracetomol. I'm easy pleased.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army thread 16/08/2012

The 17th of September sucks. Do you have any left btw? You could always go back on half dose if there's enough to make it through to the appointment. You are still lucky to have the NHS. We don't have that here. You either cough up a chunk of money for insurance or you suffer. (

JC... PKs are better than pain. ) Yer'll be orf them soon enough.

Scholastic system... I wish I had the money I spent on my effing Bachelors in my bank account right now. I did it for me... to prove I wasn't daft... but I really WAS daft as I spent an inordinate amount of money on nowt.

Comment

Army thread 16/08/2012

Zenstyle;1365130 wrote: The 17th of September sucks. Do you have any left btw? You could always go back on half dose if there's enough to make it through to the appointment. You are still lucky to have the NHS. We don't have that here. You either cough up a chunk of money for insurance or you suffer. (

JC... PKs are better than pain. ) Yer'll be orf them soon enough.

Scholastic system... I wish I had the money I spent on my effing Bachelors in my bank account right now. I did it for me... to prove I wasn't daft... but I really WAS daft as I spent an inordinate amount of money on nowt.
                                No...I finished my ADs a couple of months ago and have been resisting going back on them. Should have asked for an appt earlier.

Yep...PKs are better than pain.

Regarding further education, we're brainwashed from a very early age about the importance of getting a degree. The problem is that when we're still in our teens, we don't understand or know enough about the system and society to make an informed decision about whether the advantages of further education outweigh the costs. We're told there will be jobs.....sometimes there are and sometimes there aren't.

And no, you're not daft, zenny. You're one of the most intelligent people I know. :l

I have enormous regrets about my own degree. If I had my time again, I would do things very differently.

Comment

Working...
                                X