Army thread 16/08/2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army thread 16/08/2012

Incidentally, zenny, were you aware that Americans spend twice as much on health care as most western economies and yet have a shorter life expectancy? Something wrong there.

Ok...I'll stop talking about serious matters. We can go back to talking shop...

Comment

Army thread 16/08/2012

Eeeveevning folks, how is everybody?
      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Army thread 16/08/2012

Recluse;1365138 wrote: Incidentally, zenny, were you aware that Americans spend twice as much on health care as most western economies and yet have a shorter life expectancy? Something wrong there.

Ok...I'll stop talking about serious matters. We can go back to talking shop...
        Sum Ting Wong!

Yep, I know. Big Pharma is next in line after the banks with their hands out.

My counterparts are all part of the medical system... and I'm not. I'm kinda starting to plank it a bit! I gave up my medical insurance... hell, I wasn't using it... been almost 7 years since I went to the Doc... and now I am wondering if I did the right thing.

Comment

Army thread 16/08/2012

Ay Oop Tabbers! )

Comment

Army thread 16/08/2012

Howaya Zennifer.

Well done the young'uns on the exams, tough going.

Comment

Army thread 16/08/2012

Recluse;1365135 wrote: No...I finished my ADs a couple of months ago and have been resisting going back on them. Should have asked for an appt earlier.

Yep...PKs are better than pain.

Regarding further education, we're brainwashed from a very early age about the importance of getting a degree. The problem is that when we're still in our teens, we don't understand or know enough about the system and society to make an informed decision about whether the advantages of further education outweigh the costs. We're told there will be jobs.....sometimes there are and sometimes there aren't.

And no, you're not daft, zenny. You're one of the most intelligent people I know. :l

I have enormous regrets about my own degree. If I had my time again, I would have done something completely different.
              Ya know... me too. If I could tackle it again I would do it differently.

I honestly don't think it matters a jot to be honest. I was the same person before I went back to school. AND... my career and money making potential was BEFORE said degree...

Fuckitt. Should have saved the cash. Coulda been using it for a holiday right now! Or one of those lunchtime lifts. Yep. That's what I need! LOL!

Comment

Army thread 16/08/2012

Night... xxx Will catch yous tomorrow. Sleep tight when the time comes...

Comment

Army thread 16/08/2012

Nite nite....

Comment

Army thread 16/08/2012

Night zenny!

Comment

Army thread 16/08/2012

Recluse;1365161 wrote: Night zenny!
                      I'll catch you on "the other side"!

Comment

Army thread 16/08/2012

Reccie...I tried to come off the AD's.....was a wreck...went back on them at a minima doe
                        hope that make you feel better sweetie
                        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Army thread 16/08/2012

Not me going to bed... youz lot! If yer over 50 ya need to be in bed before 9.00? Right?!!

*snigger*

Niiiiiight!!!

Comment

Army thread 16/08/2012

Right, Keith Moon. How could I forget that. They're playing here by the way... I'm trying to get free tickets. ) Yep... not many people can say that Keith Moon jumped into their bed. But Mollers can!!! )

Comment

Army thread 16/08/2012

mollyka;1365172 wrote: Cheeky mare!! I tell you - us gang of middle-aged 50 somethins are gonna gang up on you:H

He's dead in't he??
                              Oh feck? Is he really? Well, The Who are playing at the place down in Sunrise where I just saw Def Leppard. I guess everyone is replaceable then. :upset:

Aye... yous go with your big bad selves. You have two months. Then I am part of your ranks. *cackle*

Right... I am OFF to do something constructive and put the furniture back in place. The cat's PO'd cos the laptop is in his food area on the breakfast bar, smug spoilt wee shite that he is. :l

Comment

Army thread 16/08/2012

:hallo: again.

I have to disagree about doing a degree. A lot of what was said is very true, but without one, so many more doors are closed. I also regret my original choice, but even so I would never have been able to get the job I'm doing without one. I'm not entrepreneurial at all, so would most likely have failed at setting up my own business.

Anyhoo... I'm craving sumfink sweet to eat. There is nuffink in the house.

Can't you go to another doctor, Reccie?
                                I'll do whatever it takes
                                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X