Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone information about brain test ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

I am now using all of my strengths to sort out the my AL problems.Now, I have a memory problem, cant remember properly and cant concentrate at all which I think takes a time to regain as the time of abuse is about two decades.
    I am 40 years old with sound physical health.I know age factors and abuse time play a vital role to recover everything.
    I am now worried about my brain and want to know if it is fully recoverable or not ?
    So are there any good equipment available in the world of diagnosis so that I can get the exact damage of my brain.
    Now, we are playing with our brain with the perception of the symptoms we noticed , even though with the help of doctor so want to know if there is a specific diagnosis ?
    Thanks for sharing .
    Dix
    A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

I don't know of any type of equipment that could really diagnose any damage that alcohol might have done.
    That being said, why worry about it? You have stopped drinking, lead a healthy lifestyle and most of the memory and other functions will repair themselves in time. If there was a machine that could show you the damage, would that really help you or make you regret your past more? It's not like they can give you a brain transplant....yet. Stay sober, focus on happiness and healthfulness daily, and I am sure most of the fog will lift and you will feel normal soon...I didn't feel the whole turnaround until I had close to a year under my belt.

Comment

Dixon, you do sound like a worrier. You have done so well, stress can cause us to have memory problems. There are tests that can be done, but are you sure that you need them? Alcohol abuse is more likely to cause physical damage, and you say you are in good health. Give yourself time and maybe learn relaxation techniques. I worked in mental health until recently, and came across many alcoholics, but only the odd one who at your age had any sort of alcohol brain disease. Plenty had liver ptoblems. I drank for many years on and off, and seem to have escaped (so far) any major health problems, and I'm much older than you.

Comment

X post Supercrew, I so agree with you. There is a brain scan that is performed sometimes that can detect dementia, here in the Uk it can be prescribed by a doctor, but is only done rarely, as it is very expensive, and would not be done for a younger person.

Comment

Superscrew,

I really agree with you .There are always pros and cons of every invention.Now its better to stay sober and see for a year .At least I have stopped for further damage and recovering my brain now.
          Thats great.

Paula,
          You are right, I was a worrier so what I ruined my brain keeping it always in stress .Thinking unnecessarily pretending the bad own my way.Now my focus is to learn how to live with minimal stress .You also give me some relieves that you are working in this sector and hardly found a single who has brain problem in accordance with my age line.

To be honest, I have learnt so many stress coping skills otherwise I would have died already .

Now , I am almost sure I will be a successful and happier person again .I have faced so many difficulties as per my definition.For those people, it could be a very minor problem.
          I made it major and nobody made it for me , So I would make it minor very soon.
          Dix

Comment

I am now more determined !!
            Great learning here .
            Dix

Comment

Here's an interesting medicall article about alcohol and brain damage
              FYI
              Imaging and Alcoholism - A Window on the Brain
              "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Check out this link:

The Amen Clinics

Dr. Amen also has books and videos available that you might find useful.

Comment

Cashregister;1366600 wrote: Here's an interesting medicall article about alcohol and brain damage
                  FYI
                  Imaging and Alcoholism - A Window on the Brain
                  Cashy,
                  thanks,
                  I am off the work today and tomorrow,Its good time for me to check that out.
                  Dix

Comment

lucky 2.0;1366648 wrote: Check out this link:

The Amen Clinics

Dr. Amen also has books and videos available that you might find useful.
                    Lucy,
                    It seems wonderful site with packs of information.
                    So manysupport here.
                    Thanks
                    Dix

Comment

Yep....you keep drinking ........your dumb ! Stop and your beginning to be .......smart !
                      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                      X