Nursie Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nursie Update

I was reading this last night Nursie as I was talking to my best friend who is 2.5 years sober. She lost her children (in court) and She is still suffering from the years of abuse but your post put it in perspective.

I am so sorry you lost him. As Momma said, at least he didn't suffer.

Sending you support and hugs,

:h:l
    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Nursie Update

Nursie,
      My thoughts and prayers are with you in such a difficult period.
      Please take care yourself!
      Dix
      A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

Nursie Update

I can only echo what everyone else has said. There are just no words for this. We are all here for you.
        Sending big :lto you.
        TDN
        "One day at a time."

Comment

Nursie Update

Oh Nursie - there are no words.............
          Wow! Thank you for having the strength to write this....
          :l:l
          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Nursie Update

Thank you so much everyone. It's true that this disease only leads to prison, institutions or death unless we change it. And only we can change it. My brother had numerous bottoms and numerous chances.

From what I am researching about oxycodone levels, 1500 could be a lethal dose in itself so had he not had an accident, he may have died later from an overdose. I have a list of questions for the medical examiner and I will find out more.
            If anyone knows more about the levels please let me know.
            I wish he could have kicked this disease right in the ass. But I still can and will. For me and for him. We all can.
            Day 1 again 11/5/19
            Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
            Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
            Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
            11/27/19: messed up but back on track
            12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Nursie Update

I am so very, very sorry, for him at the loss of life he had yet to live, and for you, for your loss. Thank you for sharing it. FF
              . "It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; that which is essential, is invisible to the eye.". Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Nursie Update

Nursie - are you in the USA? Poison control would be able to let you know dosage implications of oxycodone

Comment

Nursie Update

Thanks Lass, I will call them. The range is vague because it depends in your tolerance. But thank you I will. All tomorrow. Yes I am the USA. NY
                  Day 1 again 11/5/19

One day at a time.

Comment

Nursie Update

It will also depend on wieght and body mass - if you have that it will help.
                    here is link for the number...
                    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...uX2LHcWtTHNTeA

Comment

Nursie Update

Dear Nursie,

I ask God in my daily prayers to help the still suffering alcoholics, addicts & their families. I learned to do this along the way. These types of tragedies can & do happen even to those who aren't addicted, the innocent. I do hope & pray that your story will make people think of the absolute seriousness of getting behind the wheel while intoxicated. Maybe helping someone to either achieve sobriety or avoid a slip, or relapse. I know writing this must have taken you tremendous courage & strength!... From which I know you are looking up & receiving it daily. Right now it may not seem possible, but one day you will be even stronger then you already are!....

I've had you on my mind quite strongly again, have wanted to put another shout out for you. I just never know if I'm being disrespectful of your privacy during such very stressful & personal times!... I have been praying for you, thinking of you!... I'm very happy that you aren't sliding too far into the dark abyss! I know you will find your way out!.... Into the light!... I'm thankful that you have your faith, you know that you don't have to walk this sad & angry road alone!... I think you have a supportive husband at home, some beautiful animals, majestic ones too. I'm sorry if I'm wrong, I hope that you have someone, as I know most your family also suffers from this awful addiction.

I'm sorry that your brother never found his way out of his own nightmare!... I'm sure that he to was suffering in hidden silence, like so many do!... Perhaps there were things that were unknown, some things that will never be revealed.

If your brother was being Rxd Schedule II Narcotics after a DWI, you may be able to prosecute the prescribing Dr. There are stiffer laws now for over Rxing Schedule II Narcotics. Dr's aren't just giving them out like candy these days, out of fear. Opiates are the number one addiction in the US. You may also want to visit a pain pill addiction forum & ask for advise for your other questions, look for family boards.

As you travel through all these emotions of grief, sadness, anger, regrets, & mourning. Try hard to remember the goodness in your brother it's there & I'm so glad you see this! Remember he was sick, remember he's whole now, where he is, & who he's with. That he's survived by you, others & his new baby that is coming. You will be together again. In time, there will be light again peering through the tunnel. You will be able to breath easier again.

In the mean time please ~ please don't drown yourself in the bottle, when there are days that are overwhelming. Reach out & surround yourself with caring ~kind people, animals, plants, anything, anywhere, feel all your feelings hun! Cry, scream when you need to. Please take time to eat, get a little exercise to take some of this stress out. You will get through all of this, it won't be easy, but you will get through it!.... You won't have to do it alone!.... I'm so very sorry for your tragic loss & that your having to deal with all the consequences of his choices & his illness. Remember you are loved!....

Love, :h

Wildflowers :l

Comment

Nursie Update

I love you wildflowers.
                        She lost the baby a month to the day to the hour that my brother died. So sad. So hard.
                        Your words mean the world to me
                        Day 1 again 11/5/19

One day at a time.

Comment

Nursie Update

Nursie, what a trial
                          you will get through this
                          stronger, safer and wiser
                          all my thoughts
                          Patrice
                          x

Comment

Nursie Update

Nursie -

May God bless and keep you safe in this time of trouble.
                            That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                            Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                            AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Nursie Update

I am so sorry for your loss Nursie. I so hate oxycodone! I almost lost my beautiful 23 year old daughter to it. It took four rehabs but has now been clean for two years. I still worry everyday about her. For her the oxy lead to heroin. It took less than 3 weeks for her to be hooked. I immediately could see the change. Then the stealing and pawning. Oh 3 years of hell. I wish they would just take oxy off the market.

Comment

Nursie Update

Dear Nursie,

When I read this I had tears! I'm so very, very sorry!.... I don't know if this is a coincidence or the mysteries of God, for his thoughts are higher than ours! Whatever the reasons are & there may be none at all, it's painful loss that there is no explanation for, that is so full of much ~ much pain!.... More pain than you & your family deserve. But, it has nothing to do with this! Life can just be so very, very unfair!... Things we have absolutely no control over.

Hold on to your faith, as tight as you can. When it's too much to bare, the weight is to heavy to carry, let him carry you, for he is standing there next to you, crying with you!... When you have doubts, know that others who've passed this way, will be praying for you!...

In the days ahead you will need a clear head, a strong healthy body, a spirit that can clearly hear!... Please stay strong & know you can survive this without alcohol hun!.... For alcohol is thee great deceiver, one that gives a fake sense of strength, fake courage, when all it really does is make a person ill, weak, fake, confused, it's not real!..... It's a lier!... You know where to turn when you feel weak, for true strength, true courage!....

I've felt a connection to you since you came here & I'm sorry I didn't reach out sooner! If I was closer I'd come with a meal, or a pie, a hug & pray with you!

My great grandmother's favorite flower was Lily Of The Valley. She was nurse & a seamstress! A strong woman in the Lord! Her daughter, my Nana was my one family member who I could count on, tho she lived far from me at times, I will never forget her, always be thankful, & look forward to that day we meet again! I have their Lilly of the valley in my yard. It's so sweet, delicate, yet strong. Kinda reminds me of many of us.

I love you too!.... I will be praying!....

Wildflowers :l

Comment

Working...
                                X