Sweating profusely followed by tremours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been a drinker for way too long but am looking to have at least a period of absence from the drinking hell that I have got myself into. When I get up at around 6:30am I am ok (I have drunk the night before) until around 10:30am when I sweat like crazy then followed by shaking mildly. I then have a drink and this stops but I will then start again at around 3-4pm. I feel like I am trapped in and endless circle..... can I just get through the sweats and carry on?? :upset:

Yes, is the short answer. The first 3 days are no doubt the hardest, but there's only one way thru them. Keep yourself occupied and hydrated. Have some candy on hand, that helps...get all of the AL out of the house. If you haven't already come visit the Newbie's Nest...we have lots of success there and people in all phases of their journey. Stay the course and this is the last time you will have to do it! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

I thought so, thank you ..sad I have gotten myself here but onwards and upwards :thanks:

Comment

Hello Tiredofthis
        I wish you well to get through these first few days. You will feel so much better in such a little while. This site has wonderful support. Hang in there and hope to see you around the boards :l
        You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

I felt like I had the flu the first 2 weeks, achy, tired and cold sweats. I promise you will feel better tomorrow. Go to bed early, that will help too. I will be thinking of you...Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Thank you very much byrdie and freefly I am starting day one tomorrow and sticking to it tired of this never ending cycle. Will keep your words of support in my head at the witching hour or hours in my case

Comment

Working...
            X