Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Thursady 23rd August

tiptronic_ct;1368038 wrote: :hallo: folksies

Had a busy time after work, but winding down now. Popped some pizza bases with my own toppings into the oven for dinner. The cubs love it. They're nice and thin (the pizza bases, not the cubs), so come out crispy.:H:H Hi Mr. Tips!! What toppings do you use?
    tiptronic_ct;1368039 wrote: Have things cooled down a bit in your corner of the world, Stirly?
    NO!!!:toohot:
    littlepinkcat;1368040 wrote:
    evening tipps and stirly, yeah been busy here lots of housework, and exercise and weights, ive been letting it slip but got back on the exercise now, and writing this application form out, and my friend is popping over later for a natter
    Was busy myself today with housework. Trying to get the extra room (my office) cleared out a bit. I have to go at my closets again too. Did I say I hate housework?:upset: I only really like to cook and then there's all the darn pots and pans to be washed up afterwards. :upset:

Gee, I'm a right moaner-groaner today. Sorry, just tired of the heat. I was hoping to go on a picnic with our boys and their girls on Sunday but due to the heat, that's not going to happen. Oh well, it has to cool off eventually. Actually September is the best month. Satz will have wonderful weather for her holidays.
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

:goodjob: on the exercise, Pinky. You put me to shame.

Awwwww, Stirls. :l. It's completely understandable that you feel that way.

I made three pizzas, Stirls. Caramelised onion & avo, smoked mussels & pineapple, mushroom & some chopped pastrami I had in the fridge. All with a bit of garlic as well. I had to use cheddar cheese, didn't have any mozarella in the house.
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1368044 wrote: :goodjob: on the exercise, Pinky. You put me to shame.

Awwwww, Stirls. :l. It's completely understandable that you feel that way.

I made three pizzas, Stirls. Caramelised onion & avo, smoked mussels & pineapple, mushroom & some chopped pastrami I had in the fridge. All with a bit of garlic as well. I had to use cheddar cheese, didn't have any mozarella in the house.
        Well, those are three combinations that I never would have thought of, especially the mussels and pineapple. I'm not keen on sweet stuff on my pizza. I guess you have to try them to see if you like them. As for the mozarella, I never use it - I prefer a tastier cheese like gouda and I always crumble some feta cheese on it. Well, lots of feta actually. My brother-in-law (who's birthday was yesterday) told me that he'd made a pizza with roasted veggies - eggplant, zucchini, pepper and onions with a garlicky-tomato sauce and topped it with a light sprinkle of balsamic vinegar and big handfuls of crumbled feta. I think I might just give it a try soon. Sounded very yummy.

Comment

stirly-girly;1368045 wrote: Well, those are three combinations that I never would have thought of, especially the mussels and pineapple. I'm not keen on sweet stuff on my pizza. I guess you have to try them to see if you like them. As for the mozarella, I never use it - I prefer a tastier cheese like gouda and I always crumble some feta cheese on it. Well, lots of feta actually. My brother-in-law (who's birthday was yesterday) told me that he'd made a pizza with roasted veggies - eggplant, zucchini, pepper and onions with a garlicky-tomato sauce and topped it with a light sprinkle of balsamic vinegar and big handfuls of crumbled feta. I think I might just give it a try soon. Sounded very yummy.
          That does sound yummy!

I just used what I had in the house. My SIL 1st introduced the cubs to the mussel & pine combo - they can't get enough of it.
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1368046 wrote: That does sound yummy!

I just used what I had in the house. My SIL 1st introduced the cubs to the mussel & pine combo - they can't get enough of it.
            Well, I don't know that I will ever try it but if the Cubs like it, then that's cool. I tried the "Hawaiian" pizza once - ham and pineapple - and didn't like it at all. I'm a classic-type pizza girl. Ordered one with anchovies once, back when I didn't know what an anchovy was, and couldn't figure out why the pizza had a fishy taste to it. Didn't like that either.:no:

Looks like only you and I are in the barracks. That is if you're still around....

Comment

mama is runing around like a crazy person getting ready for a possible hurricane by next Monday
              I want Zen to come stay with me if she needs to
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

mama bear;1368052 wrote: mama is runing around like a crazy person getting ready for a possible hurricane by next Monday
                :wavin: MB - long time no see!! Geez, is there a hurricane headed towards Florida? I haven't heard anything about it. It sounds very scary tho'. I guess I won't complain anymore about the heat. The weather could be so much worse.

I took a quick peek back on a couple of threads and I see that you're still racking up AF days. :goodjob: Well done!!

Comment

stirly-girly;1368051 wrote: Well, I don't know that I will ever try it but if the Cubs like it, then that's cool. I tried the "Hawaiian" pizza once - ham and pineapple - and didn't like it at all. I'm a classic-type pizza girl. Ordered one with anchovies once, back when I didn't know what an anchovy was, and couldn't figure out why the pizza had a fishy taste to it. Didn't like that either.:no:

Looks like only you and I are in the barracks. That is if you're still around....
                  Still here. Just got a bit distracted

mama bear;1368052 wrote:
                  mama is runing around like a crazy person getting ready for a possible hurricane by next Monday
                  That sounds really ominous, MB. My only experience of hurricanes is what I've seen on TV... Are they predicting tht it'll get really bad?
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

:wavin: MollyMoo

We tend to isolate when we're drinking, eh Molly? At least, that was the case with me.
                    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

it is only a Category One Tips
                      rain and wind...but it is headd to Zen first
                      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Alrighty, folksies - it's off to bed with me. I'm reading one of Bill Bryson's older books - still quite an enjoyable read.
                        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

mama bear;1368064 wrote: it is only a Category One Tips
                          rain and wind...but it is headd to Zen first
                          Only category one, huh? Well, now that's a "relief" ***heads off to Google to research hurricane categories, otherwise it'll be nagging at the back of my mind the whole time***
                          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

:hallo: Mollers!!

MB - good that it's only a category one. According to the weather reports I just read, Hurricane Isaac will be hitting Zennie's area on Monday. Hopefully she will be battened down by then and have her hurricane shutters locked down.

Troopers, I'm off to walk my little dogger and then to bed. Wishing all of you

Tomorrowz.......

Comment

Working...
                            X