Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me, Myself, and I...

Hi Fluff!

Congrats on day 4! I found days 3-4 to be the hardest because that's when I started feeling SO good that I figured I'd celebrate with a drink! (makes sense, right? NOT)

I hope your sleeping gets better, have you ever tried Melatonin? I take it and I sleep like a log! Also, I found that if you can "wind down" before trying to sleep, it will help a lot...i.e. read a book. I know that I cannot just get in bed and fall asleep instantly. Anyway, I hope you can find something that helps.

I am 25 hours smoke free, and I am posting it everywhere because I want you guys to help me stay accountable.

We CAN beat these monsters with each other's help. :l

K9
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Me, Myself, and I...

Hang in there Fluffer. You know you can do this. K9 is right about that trap. You get some sober time and you feel so good you think, Oh I can have a drink and I'll be able to stop after one or two. I have kicked that can too many times in the past!!!
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Me, Myself, and I...

So true, K-9 and Techie-
        I would always fall into the delusional trap you're talking about hence never any long term sobriety- and it always became harder and harder to begin the quit again.
        K-9 I wish you good luck on your quitting smoking- I quit so long ago I can't even remember what it was like to be hooked. I'm hoping the same thing happens with quitting drinking.
        I'm so glad that we can all be so supportive here.
        It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Me, Myself, and I...

Well, I know what I'm cooking tonight. Roast chicken. That sounds amazing. Just wanted to swing by and see how you were doing fluff. You sound great! I think this forum is so amazing... I firmly believe that I more then likely would still be struggling with AL if I hadn't found this place. I love that everyone can find their own way out and it's never a strait line. I really haven't come across anyone who has the same exact way. Some are similar... but that's about it. I hated that feeling of being afraid not to drink... It caused me some anxiety. Sounds like Xanex is a good helper right now. I took small doses of valume.

Good luck K-9 with the smokes. It seamed like that addiction was "harder" at first to kick...but once it's out of your system it's a lot easier then quitting AL (at least for me and I was about a pack a day). Now I can barely believe I use to smoke. Good ol' Allen Carr helped me with that one. I stayed quit because I didn't want to read that annoying book again! And if you don't quit the first time reading it he says to start reading it again...

Comment

Me, Myself, and I...

Day 5- Hi Choice! Thanks for the support- we had london broil last night instead- guess I'll do the roast chicken tonight...my husband had the day off and went to the supermarket to get dinner stuff- so, still worked out fine. As far as smoking is concerned I think it was easier to give that up-for me- because none of my friends smoked-but they sure did drink...
            So just feeling foggy in the head this morning hoping this cup of coffee will snap me back into the real world. Sleep is getting better.
            Okay-off to work...
            It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Me, Myself, and I...

Nice to see you back, Fluff, so I thought I'd pop by and give you a wee :hallo: and a quick :yay: on 5 days.
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Me, Myself, and I...

Day 6-
                Hi Jackie! Thanks for stopping by and saying hi- I love your puppy!
                Quick note then off to work...
                Feeling still foggy in the head and now craving chocolate-so I bought some dark chooclate yesterday- hope the head fog lifts-I feel a bit out of it.
                Tonight taking my daughter to volleyball practice from 6-8pm-good way to keep me away from any booze!
                Have a good day!
                It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Me, Myself, and I...

Chocolate helps everything~ it is so delicious!! That foggy feeling is disorienting. Not totally in a bad way though as I remember it. I couldn't figure out why I was logging on here so suddenly... and then I realized I hit my what could have been my two year AF anniversary. Now it's the anniversary of my "journey" without sounding too corny I hope. The end August 2010 was like coming out of a haze... I hope the fear is easing for you Fluff?

Comment

Me, Myself, and I...

i read somewhere, ALL sugar is best avoided if youre staying off the bottle, because its basically giving the body the same carbs as it gets from booze and therefore encourages cravings for drink? maybe i got it wrong

Comment

Me, Myself, and I...

fluff;1368127 wrote: Me, Myself and I, had too much to drink- this evening- sat by the pool- had a gin and tonic -and then some...-listened to great music- stared at the deep blue sky, looked at the glistening pool and felt -so in the moment. Can I feel that way without drinking?
                      I, truly, 100% have experienced this feeling myself. That is my entire summer, that is my vacations, if I'm not drinking, then what? I fight with 'Can I feel that way without drinking?' every day when I KNOW I should stop.

Comment

Me, Myself, and I...

I've heard that too Scottisman. But I allow myself a little now and then. I think especially in the early days, some safe pleasures are good. Going overboard with sugar doesn't help though your right... Not having sugar is probably best. At least dark chocolate has anti oxidants and I don't think as much sugar as other choices (I'm far from being an expert but..... getting too strict with going AF isn't necessarily a receipt for success either).

Comment

Me, Myself, and I...

hang on while i eat this candy bar and let me think about it........

Comment

Me, Myself, and I...

:H:H:H

Comment

Me, Myself, and I...

DAY 7!
                              Hi Choice , Phin and Scottishman- thanks for the info on the sugar cravings relating to alcohol-I bought some dark chocolate -just little bite sized ones so I'll hve just a few per day- mostly after dinner- so I'm not over doing it-
                              So, Phin- hop on board and try to stop- I actually am staying away from the things that lure me-like the pool...
                              Feeling the fog lift a bit -drinking my coffee- need to drop off my son's car for an oil change-fortunately it's right next door from where I work-so, I can just pick it up after work.
                              Have a super day!
                              It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Me, Myself, and I...

I'm ending this diary here as I enter week 2...I 'm staying away because it's becoming scary for me on this site-it's probably the best way to put it... I hope for the best who are troubled and I hope they find peace.
                                Luv- Fluff
                                It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Working...
                                X