Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Saturday 25th August

Good morning army!

First off, many happy returns to stirly :bday7: Hope you have a fabulous day with lots of presents.

And secondly, I'm dead envious of Mrs A running to the Russian border. How incredibly exotic! I went for a 5 mile run at first light today and nearly got hit by a transit van. It was on a single track road and only one of it's headlights was functioning and I thought it was a motorbike. The van missed me by a whisker. Unfortunately I think I'm going to have to take a rest from running for a few days cos I've been carrying a calf strain for a week and it won't go away. I can empathise with you on your knee problem, zenny. How is it today? Hope you're preparing for Isaac...it looks as though it'll be coming your way.

And I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Good morning Reccie and all to come

A very happy birthday to our very own Stirly! :bday7: enjoy the day!

Dawg Reccie - glad you're OK after that incident.

I'm forced to use my frigginphone. There's some sort of filtering software on my 3G service, and it's blocking MWO for some reason. Will have to sort it out on Monday.

Have a lovely Saturday.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Morning army sorry to hear about your knee Reccie. Any plans for your special day Stirly? hope its a good one. Internet probs are a pain. Lashing rain here again i hope it ease off later as i'm off to Dun Laoghaire. Enjoy the tall ships today Molly with Joe i hope the weather gets better. I was thinking of going tomorrow if the rain isn't too bad in the afternoon. I'm going to Dun Laoghaire to pick up a prescription for my cats. Enjoy your saturday what ever your plans.

Comment

Where are yis all?

Pissing down here... Errands can wait. I've climbed back into bed with a book.
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Afternoon!

Crikey! The army is very undermanned lately. Is this something to do with government austerity measures?

Hope you can get your Internet connection sorted, Mr T. An absolutely essential service these days.

Comment

Hi again, Army

At this rate, we should consider switching to a monthly thread like the Undies.

Back from town. Gas bottles refilled, new regulator fitted to one of the heaters, shopping done for dinner, mum's prescription for chronic meds filled at pharmacy. Cinnabons bought to enjoy with a cup of coffee later on. Discovered that our medical cover has run out for the year :upset: Had to pay cash for the meds the eldest takes for his acne. We still keep paying over 500 euro a month for the "privilege" of cover, but only in-hospital stuff will now be covered. Oi vey...

I think KTAB also mentioned going to see the tall ships? Or did he just refer to it?

How's Poppy treating little Piglet now that he's been around for a while, Reccie? Our cats tried to rip Tigger to shreds whenever we put him on the lawn.
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

And I'm happy to report that my internet connection has been restored. Not that I have much use for it with nobody about
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Afternoon non army :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

In work early this morning so just back in.

Comment

Yoooooooooooo hoooooooooooooo back from me hollers and don't half need a shower. A quick wipe down with a wet dish cloth isn't quite the same.

Sun shone, then it didn't, then it rained, then it didn't, was cloudy then it wasn't. All in all the weather was quite kind to us.

Mobile phone signal was dodgy but what the hey.

You can put away yer hankies and stop sobbing into them. I'm home.
                    It could be worse, I could be filing.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi Jackie tell us all you have a great time with Mr Jc, and where is me pressie.

Comment

Aww it was grand. Mr JC read 2 whole books and listened to footie on the radio.

And errrm yer pressy's in the post.
                        It could be worse, I could be filing.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Thats grand so :-)

Comment

Sorry been missing at sea
                            Happy birthday lovely Stirly :h

Reccie sorry about your near accident. Do not let it put you off

Glad you had a good holiday Jackie

Enjoy Jilly and make some good memories Molly

Great to see you foxy

Love to tips and Mario (+ rest of youse)

Just seen a whale. Heading back south stopping at pretty little ports to drop off supplies.

Managed another Arctic run in 15 degrees and sunny skies

Comment

Hi superAnon you are so a credit to yourself in what you have achieved and your so enjoying yourself to,way to go Anon your a marvellous lady.

Comment

Working...
                              X