Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SATURDAY GREETING AND MUSINGS

Hi everyone

Just up having coffee and looking at movies to rent online for tonight. It occurred to me that this is what a NORMAL Saturday is like for a lot of people. Much better than sleeping the day away with a hangover!

Also I was thinking last night about how drinking (not news but just thoughts) takes up so much space in our heads. Sometimes barely recognizable thoughts like-" I'd better do
    (insert task) before the party since I'll be drinking after that." It's just the lousy drinking lifestyle. Where you know that once you have a drink that is it-all bets are off.
    Previous commitments no longer matter. Nothing really matters except the drinking
    and telling ourselves it's "fun".

Still trying to figure out how to go out to the art museum with a man who seems very nice, without drinking. I know I can do it. It's just sad that life had to become scary
    without such a poison in it.

One week today-plodding ahead. I started some art projects last night and all is well.

Everyone have a wonderful day!

Yep, yep......

SV posted some good advice & a link under general discussion just recently. Think it's under a new poster Raven2012. I guess you could just tell this man alcohol doesn't make you feel good. That you are looking after your health & happiness. I have a feeling you'll figure it out Ann!... Just look at you, gentleman suitors are appearing. How lovely!.... Look forward when you have time & if you want, I'd love to see some of your art! You are a beautiful, confident & smart woman!...

Sometimes scary turns into fearless as it's survival. Survival turning into happiness & healthiness. Who would have thought, eh. When in doubt I just head over to the toolbox & other places. There are some images over there to remind me how awful it really can be.

Big congrats on your one week AF!

Have a great sober weekend too!

Comment

THANKS WILDFLOWERS

All is well. Worked out again today. Sometimes I think that with drinking I forget how to be happy and healthy. Exercise has always been such a mood elevator to me.

In for the evening, working on art stuff. Life is good.

Comment

Working...
      X