Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 26th August 2012

Nope, nope and nope, keep guessing.
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

oops Xpost. Gallbladder thingy is grand. I'll show you me scars Mind you'll need a microscope. Still got a wee dressing on a couple as they keep catching on me clothes. Think I might be being a bit precious with them.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

KTAB;1368952 wrote: Nope, nope and nope, keep guessing.
        Diluted washing up liquid.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Nope.
          Might change my mind though, cause if the neighbours see me they will call the men with the nice white coat, extra long sleeves.

Comment

I'm running out of ideas...................flamethrower

AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Nope, dahlias not keen on flame throwers so I'm told. Ok off into the wilds I go. Report to follow. Thinking maybe I should try this after dark??? Keep guessing, it will come to you, just remember to think green like me, a painless death to the little blighters and mostly harmless to the environment.

Comment

KTAB;1368962 wrote: Nope.
                Might change my mind though, cause if the neighbours see me they will call the men with the nice white coat, extra long sleeves.
                Are you going to flash at them while wearing a pot on your head and beating the tune to the muppet show on the pot with a stick?
                It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

Zeppie2;1368968 wrote: Are you going to flash at them while wearing a pot on your head and beating the tune to the muppet show on the pot with a stick?
                  :H:H:H

Might try that one meself.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Zeppie2;1368968 wrote: Are you going to flash at them while wearing a pot on your head and beating the tune to the muppet show on the pot with a stick?
                    BUSTED!!

Na not really....but I love that idea.

Comment

Yep Molly the site is like treacle this morning. Let AA do their best, all will be revealed.

Comment

Yep, treacle describes it very well.

Orff to go and crush some nuts.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning army lovely and sunny here lets hope it last. Zeppie your little one is so cute and i love her knitted oufits done by Jc. You're a talented woman Jackie. Mario and tipps sorry to hear about your bereavments. Expatty enjoy the day in Paris ice cream sounds lovely. The trip sounds fab anon i would love to visit Scandanavia some lovely scenery in all those countries and i love boat trips. I can't wait to hear about your Dahlia weed treatment tabbs:H. Both gardens are in a mess here but i think i'll leave it for another day. Coffee and cake sound lovely Molly and Jc i'm not good at baking but thinking of taking it up for winter as a nw interest hobby i wyd luv to baking differants types of bread. Hi to Pinky and i hope i didn't leave anyone out. Time for a coffee before i wash the dishes and hang out washing. Was thinking of going to Tall ships festival but not in the mood of going on my own.:cupajoe:

Comment

Hello there, Foxyloxy.

I had a very patient Granny who taught me to knit, she must have wanted to wring me neck at times. I only do baby stuff, I get a bit overwhelmed by grown up patterns. I tried to knot Mr JC a grey jumper when we were first going out. He's 6' 4" tall and honestly it was like knitting an elephant. Soon gave up as the it got too heavy, could hardly lift the needles.

Found this article fascinating. Have to admit since I started baking again I feel more positive.

Marian Keyes: I battled my depression by baking, says bestselling author | Mail Online

Just start with one of the cake mixes, FF. Dead easy but you'll be chuffed to bits with the result.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Afternoon army

Sorry to hear about your bereavements, tips and mario. Hope you are both bearing up.

Very impressed with your knitting, Jackie.

Are you going to keep the kitten, molly? I didn't think you liked cats. Regarding tabs' aphids problem, my first thought was the same as yours!

I've just been reading a fascinating (to me, at least) and rather worrying article about the relationship between shootings, social mood and the stock market:

[Article] Social Mood Regulates US’ Multiple Shootings

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1368655 wrote: How's Poppy treating little Piglet now that he's been around for a while, Reccie? Our cats tried to rip Tigger to shreds whenever we put him on the lawn.
                                She's not very interested in him, TBH, tips. She takes after me and isn't a very sociable creature.

More piglet outings coming soon, BTW.

Comment

Working...
                                X