• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 27th August 2012

Look who's a dirty stop up. Me

Been watching highlights of the Reading/Leeds Festival

Reading and Leeds Festivals line-ups - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Had to stay up for the Foo Fighters. BRILLIANT!!!!!

Today's a Bank Holiday in the UK (except Scotland), so it means rain, trips to DIY stores,soggy BBQs and if you believe the adverts on UK TV we'll all be buying settees with interest free credit.

Whatever Monday brings to you, make it the best one you can.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Good morning JC and all to come

Enjoy the bank holiday!

Mrs. T and I are a bit nervous about driving into the city today. The ANC Youth League has declared a 'public holiday' for all workers in Cape Town - an attempt at making the province 'ungovernable' (their choice of word). Part of the plan is to block the roads again. Cars were stoned the last time round. We're going to go in a bit later after waiting for news and traffic reports to become available.

Have a lovely Monday, folksies!
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Good morning Mr tips and Jc,

Be carefull out there mr tips.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Good morning mario , JC and tips. Saying hello before I lose the post.

Great news on the sale of the house tips. Dirty stop up indeed jackie! Hi mario just passing over the arctic circle on our way back to Bergen. We arrive Wednesday but not back in the uk until Friday .

Have a great Monday army

Comment

Good morning Mario & Whizzie

Made it into town without incident - the highway was freeflowing, so it was quite a nice drive. There's a very heavy police presence, though. The march to the Provincial Legislature is due to start at 10.00, but is relatively far away from the part of the CBD where I work, so we shouldn't be affected.

Mrs. A: make sure that the "remember me" option is checked - it appears just beneath the username and password field on the top right-hand side of the page when you log in.
          I'll do whatever it takes
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1369262 wrote: Good morning Mario & Whizzie

Made it into town without incident - the highway was freeflowing, so it was quite a nice drive. There's a very heavy police presence, though. The march to the Provincial Legislature is due to start at 10.00, but is relatively far away from the part of the CBD where I work, so we shouldn't be affected.

Mrs. A: make sure that the "remember me" option is checked - it appears just beneath the username and password field on the top right-hand side of the page when you log in.
            Thanks Tips I will keep box checked. Just passed a little island where our captain went to school and all seven children came out with flags and cheered us as we went past blowing the ships hooter . What memorable stuff

Comment

Hidey Ho - everyone - just wishing you a happy monday - glad you're okay tips after your trip into town.
              It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

Morning army heavy rain and windy here wonder how Zen is getting on i hope she's ok and mama of coarse. Tipps i hope you and mrs T have a safe drive back home. The army has been quiet lately. What a memorable trip you had anon it was great hearing about the places you went to. Did you get tempted to drink while there and was it tough with mr A drinking? Enjoy the bank holiday weekend Jc and other uk members just an oridnary monday here our bank holiday wkend was at the beginning of august. Any plans for today jc? Not long up so coffee time.:ranger

Comment

Firefox;1369275 wrote: Morning army heavy rain and windy here wonder how Zen is getting on i hope she's ok and mama of coarse. Tipps i hope you and mrs T have a safe drive back home. The army has been quiet lately. What a memorable trip you had anon it was great hearing about the places you went to. Did you get tempted to drink while there and was it tough with mr A drinking? Enjoy the bank holiday weekend Jc and other uk members just an oridnary monday here our bank holiday wkend was at the beginning of august. Any plans for today jc? Not long up so coffee time.:ranger
                  Hi foxy and zeppie.
                  Drink too expensive for mr a so no worries about temptation.

You are very thoughtful Foxy:l

Comment

Another good morning to Tips, Mario, Our Whizzy, Zeppie, Foxyloxy.

Absolutely no plans today apart from catching up on a few things we recorded while we were away.

Daughter coming for her dinner. Her lappy gave up the ghost yesterday and she lost a load of work.

Yep, Foxy, you are thoughtful you always have a wee word for all of us. Oh and if yer making coffee will you get me one. Milk and 2 sugars pliz.
                    It could be worse, I could be filing.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi all,
                      Really sorry but don't know if this thread is only for senior members ???.If not so what is the importance of it ?
                      Anyone can you please advise .
                      Dix
                      A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

dixon;1369293 wrote: Hi all,
                        Really sorry but don't know if this thread is only for senior members ???.If not so what is the importance of it ?
                        Anyone can you please advise .
                        Dix
                        Hello Dixon, and warmest greetings Trooper's,

Dix, i think you need to be able to tap dance, or be willing to learn, in order to post on this thread. I could be wrong though. I'm sure someone will clear up the criteria shortly.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hello Army:l :welcome: Dixon!
                          Coach-your holiday sounds so wonderful! I did read back-you said you had a dream about me??But not to worry. That's good news! I think about all of you quite a bit. :l Even when I don't post- kind of carry you all along with me for strength. Not trying to get corny here!:H But we have a special bunch -I would never have made it without all of you.
                          Tips-glad you are safe. Sounded a wee bit scary.
                          Yes-what's going on with the hurricanes-Mama and Zenners??? Check in, if possible.
                          I have a week off before "back to school". Spending time with the kids and enjoying the nice weather. Daughter has left her laptop at her dad's so has taken over mine.:upset: I'm having to fight to get online.
                          I'll try to post laters.

Comment

Guitarista;1369303 wrote: Hello Dixon, and warmest greetings Trooper's,

Dix, i think you need to be able to tap dance, or be willing to learn, in order to post on this thread. I could be wrong though. I'm sure someone will clear up the criteria shortly.
                            :H xpost
                            Hiya G man.

Comment

Thanks Guitarista and Expat3,

Can the junior member like me too post here ?
                              Dix
                              A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

Working...
                              X