going for it tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

going for it tonight

thanks to all for your messages,have not had a night off drink for a long ,long time have reduced over last 2 weeks to 2 super strength last night, tonight i hope to abstain,dont know what the future holds, would love to be able to drink moderately weekends only ,but i dont know if i can do this ,as i have been a lot worse with the drink,for the last year.
    any way got to get tonight over,but this site has really motivated me.:thanks:

going for it tonight

Good luck and strength to you for this day!

Have a plan on what you will drink and do... The mind is powerful, make it work for you and not against you....
    Control the Mind

Comment

going for it tonight

You can do it...get a plan.. stay on line and read a few hints from other members. go take a bath and read in the bath(thats a hour or so passed)
      take a walk

if female..shave your legs, pluck your eyebrows, have a facial, sort out your knicker drawer.

keep away from the room where any booze is stashed..fridge, garage etc.

watch tv

cook a meal

do anything to get through this first evening...my hubby thought i had taken leave of my senses when i started plucking, waxing, preening and soaking in the bath until i shrivelled up!

i can only say it was a fab feeling to wake up with no guilty feelings from too much plonk...a a sleek body from a bit of pamering

when i am booze up i go to bed in my make up, couldnt care less what i look like and belch, snore and fart all night!!..very attractive.

I have been AF for a couple of weeks now and i look better. smell better and have lots of energy...just back from a walk.

I,m on line as opff to the pub for a meal so need to keep focussed about not drinking tonight,

hope to moderate at some time in the future...my target a t present is 6 weks Af and review the situation.

i also read a little spiritual stuff and pray am and evenings i find my faith helps too.

Be prepared to change your routine entirely at drink hot spot times ...otherwise you feel denied something instead of achieving new rewarding behaviours.

Nothing left to pluck and wax so off to get dressed up for my meal out confident i wont drink at all, be embarrasing, morose, tearful, boring due to excess wine.

no fears of bumping into people and wishing i wasnt three parts in the wind on wine.

no 10 minutes in the loo passing pure alcohol or lipstick on my teeth1 how lovely to be in control again..i hope it lasts

good luck
      Cassy

Comment

going for it tonight

Good luck traderged

Comment

going for it tonight

Ditto what Popeye said. GOOD LUCK
          "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

going for it tonight

good luck - had my 1st night AF last night thanks to this place. you CAN do it.

Comment

going for it tonight

Good luck traderged! We will be routing for you!

Comment

going for it tonight

Good luck,

1 AF turns into 2 & 3...
                Starting over again 09/06/11

"When its good its good its so good until it goes bad" Pink,Sober

sigpic

Comment

going for it tonight

hello life

that was a long night,and though not much sleep,and sweating buckets,the encouragement that you all have given me,and knowing that so many people on this site have broken,and continue to break the chains of drink,made it so much easier to stay dry.i know thats only 1 day but its the first dry day that i can remember,it is also one of the few mornings,where i can actually remember the later part of last night, i am so gratefull for your support.to any new people watching i only joined in the last few days ,but have monitered the site for a couple of weeks, reading posts and stories etc,and that give me the courage to at least try,i havent taken any supplements etc yet,but have downloaded and started the book,but just the sheer motivation from seeing all these people fighting back ,and winning day after day is like spinich to popeye,it just fills you with the strength you need.:thanks:

Comment

Working...
                  X