How are you feeling today ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

229 says sober and I am having a bad day, cravings feel restless and a bit bored.

Never giving in, drinking will make it feel better for about an hour then it will be all bad, remorse and dark thoughts along with depression and obsession.

Gotta grind these rough patches out
    Sober since 13th January 2012

Comment

199days;1369987 wrote: 229 says sober and I am having a bad day, cravings feel restless and a bit bored.

Never giving in, drinking will make it feel better for about an hour then it will be all bad, remorse and dark thoughts along with depression and obsession.

Gotta grind these rough patches out
      Hi 199 days,

Feeling same you !
      Slept a long time about 16 hours ...
      Some depressed people cant sleep but I sleep too much .
      Anyway day passed with a good sleep.Now here seeing the threads .
      Dix
      A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

dixon;1370532 wrote: Hi 199 days,

Feeling same you !
        Slept a long time about 16 hours ...
        Some depressed people cant sleep but I sleep too much .
        Anyway day passed with a good sleep.Now here seeing the threads .
        Dix
        Hi !

Still bad today, but went for long long walk..alone with my thoughts. I just cannot go back to alcoHELL. I know things will get better, much better, I have had glimpses and days when I have felt amazing.

I poisoned myself for 30 years, my brain and thoughts are not going to be healed in 230 days, these are still real early baby steps.

Life is really raw and emotions and feelings are strange, feel like I have no back up or escape , I have to face things head on and deal with it all.

Think the drink through, is that drink really going to make you feel better ? It may do for an hour or so, but then what ? back to the rinse and repeat cycle, how many more years would I waste ? My whole life from teenage years to now have been lived under the influence, either drinking or recovering from drinking.

I am experiencing something I am not used to, cannot go back ever, have to get far far away from alcoHELL.
        Sober since 13th January 2012

Comment

199days;1370565 wrote: Hi !

Still bad today, but went for long long walk..alone with my thoughts. I just cannot go back to alcoHELL. I know things will get better, much better, I have had glimpses and days when I have felt amazing.

I poisoned myself for 30 years, my brain and thoughts are not going to be healed in 230 days, these are still real early baby steps.

Life is really raw and emotions and feelings are strange, feel like I have no back up or escape , I have to face things head on and deal with it all.

Think the drink through, is that drink really going to make you feel better ? It may do for an hour or so, but then what ? back to the rinse and repeat cycle, how many more years would I waste ? My whole life from teenage years to now have been lived under the influence, either drinking or recovering from drinking.

I am experiencing something I am not used to, cannot go back ever, have to get far far away from alcoHELL.
          Hi 199,

I like the word alcoHELL and noted in my diary.
          Yes of course we must not go back at all ,you are right that 230 days are not sufficient to feel well .I remember people lost everything they earned in their whole life in a minute and it takes many years to get back that position.But we are lucky enough that how fast our body and mind adjusts/recovers our system back. You might feel at least 25 % recovered in 230 days for a 30 years bloody hell substance misuse .We must be grateful to our body mechanism.
          May be within a year or two you will start feeling normal .

Together we can do..
          Cheers !
          Dix

Comment

What a great idea for a thread! I am feeling reflective today. It's been two years since I found this place and I've been AF the entire time minus one night 6 months ago. I was bummed when I admitted it here in MWO because then I couldn't do my 2 year thread but I've forgiven myself for that now... I feel so lucky it didn't open the door to who knows what... This journey is such a learning experience and I feel like I have changed quite a bit. I love my sober life so much.. I had no idea how much easier and hopeful life could become. I think I was addicted to AL for sure, and I think it really messed with my emotional stability. It's taken a long time... (well, pretty short... considering 2 years isn't really that long) to get on track. Since then I have gotten married, moved into a new house, got a car, and now have a baby on the way. Non of this would have happened if I were drinking still. It's so important to look at the victories of going AF too to keep me on track and not just the horror stories that use to scare me strait. Thanks MWO.

Comment

Choice,
              Congratulation for your sober life!
              You have been long way already so quickly.you have choice a peace,calm and conscious life so you never get tired of living your life after some years sober though we must always be aware of our recovery.
              Dix

Comment

Feeling high today!
                I know this high and low feelings are not considered as confidence but definitely a ladder to neutralisation.
                A stable mind is my choice so would do best whatever I must ..
                Dix

Comment

Hi Dixon & Fellow Travelers,

What a nice thread. Feeling OK, but have been down. All part of the journey. Slept better. As I was worried about my daughters flight being re-routed from fires, then other daughter travelling about 5 hrs to meet her. More prayers answered. I'm thankful!.... Did my morning prayers, little meditations, yoga. Asking for help today about my cravings, & some other things I need to change about myself. Feel rather out of sorts mind, body & spirit, but hanging on, trying to trust & have faith, handing stuff over best I can at the moment. Haven't had my long hair cut for a while, so headed to the beauty shop today, along with other errands. Hope everyone has a decent day or a good day. Will not drink no matter what! Yes alcohol hell!.. No Thanks!... This always happens to me around this time in my sobriety. Using visualization, trying to not isolate from others like me. So I thank you & know this to shall pass. :h

Comment

Wildflowers,
                    Welcome here and good to know that you are feeling better after sorting out your daughters flight.Of course there are many ups and down in the life and I believe that we are trying to stay stable in all occasions.
                    I really wanted to be a spiritual person and would like to believe in faith and religion but it's not coming by heart yet.I like meditation too much..
                    Whenever I feel down I close my eyes , take a couple of long breathing and squeeze the body.
                    And feel relaxed.
                    There is a favour to me that I don't have any AL craving..
                    Still fighting for inner peace though!
                    Dix

Comment

Yes,
                      I am feeling stronger day by day !
                      I have now already started to sort out the problem of my life.
                      Thanks to AL you gone away from me.
                      Dix

Comment

Hello Everyone. What a nice thread. I am feeling just great today,its 9.00am Sun in oz and a bit overcast ! WHY do I feel so good,cause I am af this weekend! Thanks so much to all u guys. I have spent most of the w/e on MWO and will do so today !! I have to beat this beast.You cannot be truly happy with al in your life. :l:l

Comment

Hi all,
                          Boozer, I also feel good because of the same reasons except 7.30am here and another hot day in Asia..
                          Because I'm not drinking, my weekends seem so much longer.. I'm not losing any time Yay!!

Take care all
                          Patrice

Comment

Boozer and Patrice,

Well, good to hear both of you are feeling well and me toooooooooo...
                            Dix

Comment

Wildflower, Hope you are feeling better soon. Just hang in there and post to let us know how you are doing:l:l Dix, You are sooo right. The choice is OURS, peace and tranquility or living HELL!! Thanks for you inspiration. Patrice, good to hear from you. Where are you in Asia? Travel there lots. Have a daughter now living in Manado, Nth Selewesi ( gees I have trouble spelling that word!) So will be visiting there Jan 2013 for a few weeks. Just love Asia.

Comment

Don't know how is doing by Windflowers these days ? .Do hope she is fine.

Boozer , I am really cool today .
                                Waiting for an ultimate happiness which is surrender to god , universe , or you can say super natural power ?????
                                How are you other friends ?
                                Dix

Comment

Working...
                                X