Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey X

Hey everyone
    i am thrilled to see some of my old pals still here and still sober. well done guys :goodjob

I'm sitting here soaked with sweat after a very heavy drinking session yesterday. I think i had about 10 pints which on a bypassed stomach is lethal. I know, you've heard it all before from girly blah blah blah... i don't think i've had a sober day in at least a year.

I convince myself i'm an evening drinker. truth is it's now 4pm kick off. i'm still drunk most mornings from the night before as thats how al affects you after a gastric bypass. i'm too drunk most of the time to remember to take my thyroid and depression meds and take no vitamins for my gastric bypass. I'm a mess. a disgusting, horrible mess and I couldn't care less if i never see another day. I'm scared of what life is going to do next.

XXXX
    The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Hey X

Hi Girly...

I'm sorry things are hard for you just now. It's tough enough to deal with addiction without having the weight of the world on your shoulders. Unfortunately, we will always have to deal with the curve balls life gives us. I can relate... and, like you, I have been very scared of what's coming down the pike next. Deep breaths girl... just keep putting one foot in front of the other... x

If you see Cinders on the boards make sure you talk to her. She had GBS and it was after that she became addicted to alcohol. Literally, within two years she went from being a normie to having a big issue with AL. I think it would be a good thing for you to have a chat with her...

Otherwise... hang in there. I know it can be overwhelming... I've felt that way so many times... but just when you're ready to throw the towel in life will rock up with something that makes you want to get out of bed every morning! :l

Comment

Hey X

thankyou honey.

i feel at total crisis point. nearly drinks time. the other day i had a glass of wine at 2 pm which is enough to get me drunk then hid the bottle and brushed my teeth. i know this is a major, major warning.
      The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

Comment

Hey X

I had GB too Girly and developed a problem with AL afterwards....
        40% of us do.
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hey X

mama bear;1370333 wrote: I had GB too Girly and developed a problem with AL afterwards....
          40% of us do.
          i know mama x

Comment

Hey X

it has taken me two years, but I think I have finally started to win the battle
            you can do it too hun
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hey X

Gosh that's right Mama... I forgot you had the same thing happen.

Girly... maybe tomorrow you won't feel like doing the Groundhog Day thing. One of the quotes on MWO is "nothing changes if nothing changes" and perhaps some day soon you'll feel like making a change...

Comment

Hey X

i'm not ready. not today.

Comment

Hey X

Girly,

Good to see you back. We're here for you, when you are ready.

:h K9
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hey X

thankyou k9

you look lovely. so healthy xx

Comment

Hey X

She looks.... perky!!! )

Comment

Hey X

Girly,

I had GBS and the day I started drinking again afterwards, I was hooked.

It scared me so badly.

But, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter how we got here. We are here.

One day at a time we have to fight this. We can't blame anything to make it go away. It is what it is.

In some ways I am glad I got addicted to alcohol because it has taught me a lesson I can never forget. My past motto was "failure is not an option."

Today my motto is, "life is good."

Love,
                        Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hey X

:h

*waving* Say hi to Ginny from me Cindi...

Comment

Hey X

Hey cinders
                            i remember speaking to you about this. i wish theyd warned me before i ha
                            d surgery x

Comment

Hey X

Girly,

Its very tragic moments for you .You know the impact of Al so you are aware of it.Then you will get success one day so please do not give up your attempts.
                              See you soon with some improvements !
                              Dix
                              A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

Working...
                              X