No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nelz;1370599 wrote: Well Dix,

Id say the number has significant importance. Thats a long daym time to go without AL for people like you and me, so well done my friend.......well done!

You have every reason to be very proud of what you have done. IMO you have made it past the worst of it. You will probably have cravings once in a while, but you have proven you are truly STRONGER than AL will ever be.

Way to give the one fingered salute to the beast!!! Stay strong
    Nelz,

Its really amazing that I do not have a single craving for AL,might be it is a last chance for me to survive?? , but just worried about my family tragedy.2ndly, thinking how to be a happy person, I know there are many people living in the world without a drop of an AL but seem quite unhappy.So my concern is that just giving up AL, happiness wont come back itself so there should be a well defined recovery programme and I think it is a different task ?
    Any ideas ?
    Dix
    A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

dixon;1370605 wrote: Nelz,

Its really amazing that I do not have a single craving for AL,might be it is a last chance for me to survive?? , but just worried about my family tragedy.2ndly, thinking how to be a happy person, I know there are many people living in the world without a drop of an AL but seem quite unhappy.So my concern is that just giving up AL, happiness wont come back itself so there should be a well defined recovery programme and I think it is a different task ?
      Any ideas ?
      Dix
      Ill be honest, I am lost as to the notion of recovery vs quitting.

I know that I have quit drinking, but I dont know if I have recovered. We have talked about that before, and I am still very unclear as to the difference. So, I can be no help there....sorry my man.

I dont think I am unhappy because I dont drink anymore though, quite the contrary, being AF does in fact bring me joy, simply because I was so miserable drinking.

I wish you your needed happiness Dix
      Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Working...
      X