Programs that help rebuilt your brain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am wondering if anyone here has used any programs, etc. to help rebuild or repair damages to the brain from alcohol abuse? Memory issues, concentration issues, and the like. I haven't done a search yet which I will soon, but I thought maybe people here have tried or heard of successful programs. If so, please advise.
    Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Cognitive behavioural therapy is good for lots of things.
    "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

try some binaural or brainwave subliminal therapies, they also work for abstinence

have a wee google!

Comment

I saw an add on YouTube for Luminosity and a video where a doctor said neural circuits can be reestablished even when you are older. I wondered if anyone here had used any such programs where you play games to rebuild and retrain the brain to improve memory and attention span. I'm not sure the subliminal messaging is what I'm looking for.

Thanks for responding.
        Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

I am also focusing on this issues and hoping to seeing more advises.
          I am now thinking to practise NLP technique but it needs quite patience,time and plan with writing...and of course expensive if you seek a professional help.
          Does anyone know any brain train programme operated by a charity or a low cost program in the UK or any online?
          Dix
          A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Comment

there used to be a game u can download on ur phone called brain training
            I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
            Audrey Hepburn

Comment

or 4 a nintendo ds or game boy etc
              I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
              Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Here is a link to Lumosity. I haven't tried it. I just found it as an add on a video for addictions I watched last night. I'm only on day 9 AF, so I'm not ready yet to try something more. I have a few other avenues to work through, but I want something that can help me regain or correct my memory and concentration problems. This is based on Neuroplasticity. It's web based and you pay a monthly subscription rate which isn't really expensive. I will do more online investigation to find out more about it and post anything I find here. If anyone else has experience or suggestions, I'd like to hear them. Preparing...

Brain Games & Brain Training - Lumosity

Neuroplasticity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Hi Slay:

SuperCrew is the go to guy for what you are looking for. I believe he has studied a technique called NLP....I also believe he teaches this now...

:l
                  On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                  *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Kradle123;1372041 wrote: Hi Slay:

SuperCrew is the go to guy for what you are looking for. I believe he has studied a technique called NLP....I also believe he teaches this now...

Thank you, Kradle. I wrote down the ID and NLP to investigate. In order to accomplish some future goals, I have to get this brain working better. I'm hoping that I may be ready around day 30 or so, but we'll see where I'm at then. Once I make the two week mark, I'll be adding in exercise. A bit fatigued currently, so I don't want to move too fast and breakdown. I wasn't even thinking about this until after I saw the video last night about remapping the brain. If it's possible, that brings new hope.

Comment

Glad to help Slay

Also I downloaded the free trial of luminosity months ago but never bought it. Between. Work, my munchkins and trying to stay AF I didn't purchase the games not good timing... but I would love to hear how it works!

It looks really interesting! :h

On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Kradle123;1372068 wrote: Glad to help Slay

Also I downloaded the free trial of luminosity months ago but never bought it. Between. Work, my munchkins and trying to stay AF I didn't purchase the games not good timing... but I would love to hear how it works!

It looks really interesting! :h

Completely understand. The timing isn't right at this moment for me either, but I will have time soon. When/if I give it a whirl, I'll post my opinions. Maybe I'll be the next Einstein?:huh?:

Comment

Working...
                        X