One Step at a Time - September 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Mama! Happy that you're home! You cracked me up with the Mary Kate & Ashley Olden. :H:H:H You really did well with not going overboard. :l
    Don't worry about me sweetie. I'm fine.

IAD - Your poor daughter having to give the baths. :H Sorry that Ace has to have surgery. I really miss you around here. Will have to look around the music part more often.

Dixon - Another wonderful one step at a time quote.

Well - I got signed up for my Latin aerobic dance class. I'll have to get some good tennis shoes this weekend. Mine are falling apart.

Think I'm going to read for a bit & try not to fall asleep. :wavin:
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi friends,
      A late check-in here, but I am alive and well. I worked, went to farmer's market, came home to eat and see hubby, pet the dog, then out to a gardening meeting.

Mama, good to see you back, sorry that you drank. I don't think that's what you wanted, but yu knew it would be hard.

Nora, when does you class start? I bet it will be a fun way to drop a couple of pounds.

Dixon, I enjoy your daily dose.

K9, I will check out reviews for those books at Amazon.

Allswell, Bouchard, Iad, good to see everyone.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

One more day .... Dreamt I was drinking last night, weird dreams. Still not feeling well, headache. I actually feel more hungover than when I was drinking. Sooo frustrating. Lemon water here for me tonight. Thanks all for welcoming me, I hope everyone is doing well. I'm just in such a funk!
        Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
        Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
        10 days - Sept 13, 2012
        2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
        Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
        AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
        Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Sun - I really enjoy Farmer's Markets. Such great produce.
          My class starts Monday. It is on Monday & Wednesday's. It was $16.00 for a month. It's right on the way home. So, it's really just ideal.

Bouchard - CONGRATULATIONS on another day. Great job! Oh - how I hate those drinking dreams. Sorry that you are not feeling well and are in a funk. You and I are both on 10 days today. Have you tried the calendar & putting a sticker on each AF day thing? I started doing that and I really like being able to put my green happy face sticker on the calendar each day. This morning I was looking at last month & there were so many green days. Then I blew it. I'm trying to keep up with my green days this month. I'm really glad that you're here.
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Morning loves!
            Welcome to the family Bouchard. I apologize for not mentioning it sooner.
            Nora..you are gonna go Dancing?? I think that is aswesome....you will be out of thr house and shaking your taifeathers!! How fun!!! I want YouTube video....
            One of my employees is retired Navy and his buddy,, Sean Smith, was killed at the Libyan Embassy.
            I am afraid something nasty is brewing there and I am so sad for Mike (my team memeber)
            ok...shower and coffee
            bacinabit!!
            gosh..it feels good to be home
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Welcome back Mama!!!! I missed you so much!

I'm proud of you for not going overboard...I really don't know how you stop at 2-3 beers, I know I still wouldn't be able to do that!!

I can imagine Nora tearing up the dance floor! I am proud of you Nora for getting out there and doing something new. Now you're going to force me to try something new! LOL

Bouchard, Sunbeam, Dix, IAD and everyone else....Have an awesome Friday!!! I'll be back later to check in on ya!

K9

p.s. I am on day NINETEEN of no smokes! I can hardly believe it!
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I'm so happy to have Mama back too!!!!!!

K9 - you are rocking the no smoking. GREAT JOB

So - I was looking at my calendar. Last month, I had 21 days AF. I was doing great until the end of the month. So, really have to watch out for my triggers. This month I have 11 green stickers already. I'm really loving my calendar. I even TTDP today. I had been so worried that I might do something stupid like drinking while it was in my system. But, I'm feeling much more positive now so I felt it was safe to take it.

Anyway, just had to say thank you to everyone. You are keeping me coming here even when I fail and you help me get back up & get going. Your support and encouragement mean more to me than words can express.:h:h
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Niora....21 days is awesome!!! It really is....and I am thrilled for you!! And you know I love you
                  K9...you and I can run up and down the aisle of the bus as we drive to California....I think we are near DogButt, Kentucky about now
                  K9---I am afraid to go back there.....I really am....and I just stopped. I smoked like a fiend, but I went up to the room ,read and passed out
                  I am by no means fooled that I will have control.......AL is the Beast.....

Comment

Here I am Day 11 and Friday night ... so worried because I have a houseful this weekend but Dh is determined he's not drinking so neither am I. Tipper gave me some great wisdom on handling those that will encourage us too drink ... For today I am not drinking!!
                    Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
                    Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
                    10 days - Sept 13, 2012
                    2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
                    Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
                    AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
                    Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Mama - I'm glad you were able to nip the drinking...I know the thought of going back "there" scares the hell out of me. In a way it seems like just yesterday, and in another way it seems like a lifetime ago.

Boopie is going to her dads this weekend, so I am looking forward to a quiet weekend of relaxing, reading, napping, catching up on DVR shows, crocheting and the thrift store! Very exciting stuff, I know! Oh, I almost forgot, I have to test for that job I applied for, Community Services Officer. I really want the Library job, but I will test for this one anyway. It's Saturday morning at 10....should be done by 12...just in time for a nap. LOL

As much as I love my girl, we need a "break" every now and then...a 15 year old is not the EASIEST thing to deal with, especially when you're trying to quit smoking cigs, I may take up crack instead. TOTALLY KIDDING

Comment

I cannot imagine a teenage daughter in my house...there would be blood spliied every night...I swear
                        maybe you could taking up eating toilet paper...I SWEAR I saw this on "Intevention"....the chick ate bits of TP all day.....not a joke.......I think that would be healthier than crack....but not by much
                        I have another football game tonight, and have to work Sunday...wahhhhhhh

Comment

The toilet paper eating girl was on "My Strange Addiction"...there was also a guy that was in love with his car and had a sexual relationship with it. Then there was the guy that is married to a "Real Doll"....you know, the life size silicone dolls....he'd buy her clothes and everything...oh...then there was the woman that ate chalk all day long. YES, I watch too much weird TV. That's ok, I come away feeling really awesome about myself! LOL

Work on a Sunday Mama? That sucks!

I'm sitting at my desk eating Cheezits, counting the minutes until 12pm!

Comment

I am sitting at my desk eating potato casserole and trying to imagine how one has sexual relations with a car.......all I can picture something involving a muffler??????
                            eeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Comment

and GREAT JOB on the no smoking dear, sweet friend....SERIOUSLY
                              UOY ROKC (figure that one out)

Comment

Hey Bouchard - think you got lost in between the crazy stories here. :H

I think it is GREAT that you have come up with some good ideas to say no to the drinks. I'm really happy that your hubby is supporting you. You are sounding really strong. :l:l:l
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X